Like Tree84Likes

NOVAROSSI Engine thread....

Reply

Old 07-12-2018, 12:58 PM
  #9961  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
Posts: 648
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Colder plugs usually give a little more power because they allow a sharper tune. Besides the filament, how much heat the plug body retains has an effect too.
Anunnaki likes this.
SlowLST2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 04:08 PM
  #9962  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
HaulinBass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: valleyview alberta canada
Posts: 2,422
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

If someone is having tuning issue with a bit of a wonky idle that kinda started out of know where would you guys check the bearings or the fuel tank/line first
Engine has never been opened after sealing, all exhaust seals are new. Engine ran like a clock untill we made one of our jumps close to 40 feet of distance and i cased it a few times. The block has no visible cracks and no fuel/dirt build up indicating a leak. Slight bit of weeping on the front bearing, not enough to notice untill you pull the flywheel.
HaulinBass is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:19 PM
  #9963  
Tech Champion
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 6,908
Default

The clutch itself or a bad clutch bearing?
Roelof is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 10:48 AM
  #9964  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (95)
 
houston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: portland OR
Posts: 15,411
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by HaulinBass View Post
If someone is having tuning issue with a bit of a wonky idle that kinda started out of know where would you guys check the bearings or the fuel tank/line first
Engine has never been opened after sealing, all exhaust seals are new. Engine ran like a clock untill we made one of our jumps close to 40 feet of distance and i cased it a few times. The block has no visible cracks and no fuel/dirt build up indicating a leak. Slight bit of weeping on the front bearing, not enough to notice untill you pull the flywheel.
you try cleaning out the high speed needle intake?

coulda cracked the filter or dislodged some debris and sent it through the carburetor..... it happens .... more often than most think


houston is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 01:26 PM
  #9965  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
HaulinBass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: valleyview alberta canada
Posts: 2,422
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

I think your onto something monty, i did forget to cap the inlet when i pulled the motor to check the clutch that day and it was dusty as hell.
HaulinBass is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 11:26 AM
  #9966  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (251)
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 30,591
Trader Rating: 251 (100%+)
Default

Anyone know a reasonable temp range for a Paloma .21 . From what I was told she went rich basically as she finished up breaking in at the track. Temps went down a lot from about 269 to about 210 it seemed like so looking to start doing a bit more race tune but not sure what are normal temps to look for.

Also, any suggestions on a decent temp gun I am all ears.
Cain is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:37 PM
  #9967  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
HaulinBass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: valleyview alberta canada
Posts: 2,422
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by HaulinBass View Post
I think your onto something monty, i did forget to cap the inlet when i pulled the motor to check the clutch that day and it was dusty as hell.
well cleaned to carb and checked all the orings, still idles all over the place.tried a different pipe and a few manifolds. Its gotta be the fuel system,
HaulinBass is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:04 PM
  #9968  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (95)
 
houston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: portland OR
Posts: 15,411
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by HaulinBass View Post
well cleaned to carb and checked all the orings, still idles all over the place.tried a different pipe and a few manifolds. Its gotta be the fuel system,
what brand of tank ?
houston is offline  
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service