R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum

Like Tree9Likes

Old 03-28-2009, 01:09 PM   #31
Tech Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to 6428hotrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
those axe rossi conrods are garbage it broke i am sure they are milled all kinds of funky

my conrod is not broke it has a lote of slop in it how can i fixe it
6428hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:54 PM   #32
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

How will the p5xs preform with the Dynamite Platinum 053 Midrange pipe?
You mentioned the square header from OFNA with this pipe, is there a big difference over the header that comes with the Dynamite?
BCG INDUSTRIES= Absolutely the best paint on the planet.
TEAM TERRIBLES
SPEED37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 03:17 PM   #33
Tech Regular

stock shimming for 21-4 running 30%?? How about plugs? Nova's? (so many to choose from, I get all messed up figuring them out)
gtsum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:11 PM   #34
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEED37 View Post
How will the p5xs preform with the Dynamite Platinum 053 Midrange pipe?
You mentioned the square header from OFNA with this pipe, is there a big difference over the header that comes with the Dynamite?
huge difference when changing the header , it evens out the pipe and creates a balance . lots of punch and a nice pull all the way through the top , the medium round header makes the top end very flat .
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES /RC-OMG USA/ TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:15 PM   #35
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsum View Post
stock shimming for 21-4 running 30%?? How about plugs? Nova's? (so many to choose from, I get all messed up figuring them out)
the '09 p4's come shimmed at .80mm now perfect plugs, i usually use odonnell anymore odo77T/97T w/ turbo or odo77/99 w/ standard . i am going to use nova AGAIN this summer to see if everything got figured out ultra c5 standard the stock plug is good
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES /RC-OMG USA/ TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM

Last edited by houston; 05-20-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:15 PM   #36
Tech Regular

Quote:
huge difference when changing the header , it evens out the pipe and creates a balance . lots of punch and a nice pull all the way through the top , the medium round header makes the top end very flat .
do you think the square header from the OS T2050 pipe is similar to the ofna one you are referring to??
Old 03-28-2009, 10:19 PM   #37
Tech Regular

thanks for the shimming and plug info
Old 03-28-2009, 10:24 PM   #38
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsum View Post
do you think the square header from the OS T2050 pipe is similar to the ofna one you are referring to??
that header would probably work pretty close to but that ofna square header or nova 41001 header are the best i have found . the 053 ofna pipeset works great
Old 03-28-2009, 11:04 PM   #39
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Quote:
that header would probably work pretty close to but that ofna square header or nova 41001 header are the best i have found . the 053 ofna pipeset works great
hahaha! I have that gonna pair to my N21 for my truggy!! but i think D8t is heavy what do you think do you accept trade in with a fair appraisal..lol plus 4/turbo/
doubletap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:58 AM   #40
Tech Prophet

on special occasions

you guys are awesome

i will try to help out as much as i possibly can over the internet
Old 03-29-2009, 06:21 AM   #41
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Houston, you need a website
-It is more blessed to give than to receive. ~Acts 20:35
-Spec Amsoil, Jerry Welchel or Fabtech Slash
-Team Losi 8ight E- Castle Creations Mamba Monster 2650
RGraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:21 PM   #42
Tech Prophet

i understand graves . the only problem is i dont want to get so big that i lose my personal touch by getting too many customers . i want to be able to know everybody by name and remember everything about their rc story . i have about 50 customers now and it is starting to get difficult starting
Old 03-29-2009, 04:35 PM   #43
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to njballa Send a message via Yahoo to njballa

Whats the major difference with the Plus 4 vs. Jp B5 ???
can I get 10 mins out of the B5 ?
Which one will work better in Truggy ?

I also have access to a 421B probably needs to be freshened up pinched,bearings,etc.
Is that a smooth engine and how about mileage on it ????

sorry to have so many questions....
njballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 04:43 PM   #44
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by njballa View Post
Whats the major difference with the Plus 4 vs. Jp B5 ???
can I get 10 mins out of the B5 ?
Which one will work better in Truggy ?

I also have access to a 421B probably needs to be freshened up pinched,bearings,etc.
Is that a smooth engine and how about mileage on it ????

sorry to have so many questions....
its all good

b5 or b5n ? p4 is a smooth 4 port , a b5 is a p5x in jp form 10 min. maybe but wouldn't rely on it to win 6.5mm restrictor at 250 w/ 9853 and 41001 or 41005 (square headers) and then you can rely on 10 min. . the p4 is a very smoooootthhh engine but still maintains a low end grunt that as most say feels electric motor like .

421b is a great powerhouse of an engine , 821b is the same porting but better block porting to maximize the port design . if the crank is good and the p/s still have some slight pinch it is worth it .
Old 03-29-2009, 05:09 PM   #45
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to njballa Send a message via Yahoo to njballa

standard B5 its has the smaller bearing but has filled crank.... does it have more or less bottom than say a Plus 4 ?? I also have a p5x a guy at my local track hated it and gave it to me, besides bearing any major difference from P5 ? sleeves look exactly the same ... how do you feel about turbo buttons on both of those motors ??
njballa is offline   Reply With Quote