Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Go-Tech Engines Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 06:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by grizz1
None of the JP pipes work particularly well on the GO motors. Some are just flat and others don't offer the economy you should be getting from the motors.
Go with the Dynamite 053 on the 7 Port if you want to stick with Dynamite pipes (they are exceptional value for money). Best performance on the 7 is the 2047 pipe with long 0801 header IMO.

7 Port you need a pretty late clutch to get some revs up and clear the motor, otherwise you may bog a bit out of corners etc.
I find the VP Pro alloy or XRay 1.71 alloy shoes with 1.1 springs ideal on the 7.
5 Port I run the same set up, but if you want to tame it down a little go to 1.0 springs. People will disagree with these set ups, as their track surfaces and lay outs will be different. We have a lot of jumps straight out of corners and the tracks are fairly tight, so this works for me. I have never used carbon shoes for racing. Alloy gives better bite and they last much longer.
Shane, I have ordered the 086 but it comes with a long header. Is the short header better with the short stroke that the 5p has. I will have to order the short header separately. I will have to run the jp3 this weekend.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by aaronmn
The TTR/AE 2035 pipe works great. JP-3 worked ok, not as well as the 2035 and don't laugh but I also ran a JP-1 on the 7PT and actually preferred that over the JP-3. Weather it was the short track, conditions or what the day I tested them that is just how I felt. Next combo I try is the 2035 with a short header or Mugen/MSR 1005. (both of those combos I've had great luck with on engines with simlar bore and stroke) TTR/AE 2035 is relatively inexpensive, if you get a chance pick one up and give it a try. MSR 1005 not so cheap but if you can find it, it's a good pipe.

I have run the Mugen Carbon shoes and thought they worked pretty decent. IMO the carbon TTR/AE shoes are ok too. Currently running the impulse hard shoes in most stuff and AE 1.0 springs.
Yes the jp-1 pipe gives the 7port more bottom end so it makes it "feel" more aggressive than the jp-3.

The 2035 is a good pipe fpr the 7 but your better to go for a longer header not a shorter one as you'll lose bottom end and it'll feel sluggish out of corners and into jumps with short runups.

when I ran the 2035 pipe these where my combos

7port 2035 with long header (increases bottom end without losing noticable top end)
5port 2035 with short header ( increases the 5 ports top end with out losing noticable bottom end)

Although the fuel economy isn't as good as say the 2047 or the 0801 pipes its still not to bad.

Adrian
Old 04-02-2009, 06:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Alright Ive been looking at new pipes for my got 21. 7pt turbo. Anyone got any ideas? I was thinking about the 0801. I believe that comes with a long header? I am currently running a 007 HT pipe and it seems to do amazing but the pipe doesn't look so good anymore lol. Scratched and stuff. Anyone Thanks
Old 04-02-2009, 06:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ccumbe
Shane, I have ordered the 086 but it comes with a long header. Is the short header better with the short stroke that the 5p has. I will have to order the short header separately. I will have to run the jp3 this weekend.
Hey ccumbe ,

you'll be fine with the stock header as they are a medium lenght that come with the dynamite pipes but if you feel you need more top end then by all means get yourself a longer header for it.

Adrian
Old 04-02-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tagalong_74
Alright Ive been looking at new pipes for my got 21. 7pt turbo. Anyone got any ideas? I was thinking about the 0801. I believe that comes with a long header?
the 0801 is a good pipe for the 7port quite snappy throughout the range

but I prefer the 2047 teamed up with the longer header off the 0801.

Adrian
Old 04-02-2009, 06:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

well right now im running a 007 ht pipe not sure if the pipe is long or medium or short. Its a sport werks pipe.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tagalong_74
well right now im running a 007 ht pipe not sure if the pipe is long or medium or short. Its a sport werks pipe.
The header on the 007ht and the 086 dynamite pipes should be the same and are medium in lenght, Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the sportworks pipes sorry
Old 04-02-2009, 08:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

What is the recommended number of shims to run in a 3 port Sport engine after break in? Did some searching but didn't come up with an answer.

Thanks
Old 04-02-2009, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RETRO RC
The header on the 007ht and the 086 dynamite pipes should be the same and are medium in lenght, Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the sportworks pipes sorry
Hey RETRO,
Goodluck in The Tron on Sunday mate. Make the XRay/GO Team Auto Paint boys proud. I am between night shifts on Sunday, so no way I would get back to work in time from down South - so running ARCCC instead. With a lot of you guns away I might have a chance of scraping into the A final again like last time (big maybe ).
CU at the Auckland Champs in a couple of weeks.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:26 AM
Tech Adept

Hey RETRO,
Goodluck in The Tron on Sunday mate. Make the XRay/GO Team Auto Paint boys proud. I am between night shifts on Sunday, so no way I would get back to work in time from down South - so running ARCCC instead. With a lot of you guns away I might have a chance of scraping into the A final again like last time (big maybe ).
CU at the Auckland Champs in a couple of weeks.
Don't worry Shane, hopefully there will be plenty of GO power in the A at the 'Tron this weekend...

Signed:
An eX - Xray man - (i'll let you Guess...)
Old 04-03-2009, 02:02 AM
Tech Elite

Hmm Going on the ex bit, and the D8 bit, and the VP Pro bit - I am thinking initials RM. But that would mean another GO convert Could this be the start of a trend ?? If I´m on the right track, that is two regular A Final men in the last month who have made the switch.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:46 AM
Tech Adept

Hmm Going on the ex bit, and the D8 bit, and the VP Pro bit - I am thinking initials RM. But that would mean another GO convert Could this be the start of a trend ?? If I´m on the right track, that is two regular A Final men in the last month who have made the switch.
Not a bad guess... Yep, I ran the GO in at the last Auck. meet and did the last Hamilton meet on it too.
Running a 5p with a 0801 pipe.
Pretty Impressed so far, hopefully drag even more out of it this weekend.
Need to play with plugs and carb inserts a little I think to get the power/runtime I want out of it.
Still pretty tight though, I'm hoping it will loosen up a bit soon....

Robert.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi. Can someone recomend me Efra legal pipe for the Ebm5 Fully modified and the race prepped version
Old 04-03-2009, 07:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RETRO RC
Yes the jp-1 pipe gives the 7port more bottom end so it makes it "feel" more aggressive than the jp-3.

The 2035 is a good pipe fpr the 7 but your better to go for a longer header not a shorter one as you'll lose bottom end and it'll feel sluggish out of corners and into jumps with short runups.

when I ran the 2035 pipe these where my combos

7port 2035 with long header (increases bottom end without losing noticable top end)
5port 2035 with short header ( increases the 5 ports top end with out losing noticable bottom end)

Although the fuel economy isn't as good as say the 2047 or the 0801 pipes its still not to bad.

Adrian

I feel the 7 port has more than enough torque down low as it is, hence trying the shorter header. If it increases run time and/or my lap times that's what I'll be running. Some of it might depend on track conditions too. Header I'm going to try is approximately 5-7 mm's shorter. I feel the motor has more than I need down low hence trying the shorter header.

I preferred the JP-1 over the JP-3 b/c at lower RPM partial throttle in the corners it felt more linear/smooth. I think the 2035 is a much better option than either for me.

I don't have a 0801 or a 2047 yet to try. Definitely have to get those and give them a try. If it runs any better than the it does with the 2035 I'll be all smiles as I'm very impressed with it's performance now.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by UNSTABLE
Not a bad guess... Yep, I ran the GO in at the last Auck. meet and did the last Hamilton meet on it too.
Running a 5p with a 0801 pipe.
Pretty Impressed so far, hopefully drag even more out of it this weekend.
Need to play with plugs and carb inserts a little I think to get the power/runtime I want out of it.
Still pretty tight though, I'm hoping it will loosen up a bit soon....

Robert.

Hey Robert, welcome to the GO team. Yep, the 5 Port is a goodie and loves the 0801 pipe. The stock motors seem to like the OS P3 or P4 hotter plugs. 6.5 mm restrictor leaves heaps of power for the buggy with very good run times. You won't loose all the pinch until around the 7 litre mark Darn these motors are tight !!!
I have dropped the head shimming on my modded 5 port to .6mm total (3 on the button and 1 x 3mm alloy shim) from the stock .8, and gone to a medium plug. Going better than ever. Something you might like to try when the pinch has subsided some. With the 6.5 restrictor I am looking at 9 minutes with a smooth throttle finger. I don't run max race tune, so could probably get 10 + if I pushed the envelope and drove real smooth as well (thats the hard part). Good luck Sunday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.