Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 11:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default More astro inspiration

Old 09-09-2011, 11:08 AM
Tech Legend

The future of on-road is looking green .....
Old 09-09-2011, 11:59 AM
Tech Rookie

So is this facility going to be open to people who run nitro?

Also, is it going to be a friendly place for the casual driver or low budget basher?

I couldn't find this info on the webpage.

With the on-road track, what kind of surfaces have you guys looked into? The recycled rubber mulch seems like a possible low cost material...there is a school playground I drive on every now and then and they have a portion of it covered with this material. My car seems to drive on it quite well, at least for low to medium speeds due to the small footprint of surface.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

No nitro allowed. In order to be built, it had to be this way. Same for the on road track once it get built, no nitro either.

Steve

Originally Posted by Riceboi84
So is this facility going to be open to people who run nitro?

Also, is it going to be a friendly place for the casual driver or low budget basher?

I couldn't find this info on the webpage.

With the on-road track, what kind of surfaces have you guys looked into? The recycled rubber mulch seems like a possible low cost material...there is a school playground I drive on every now and then and they have a portion of it covered with this material. My car seems to drive on it quite well, at least for low to medium speeds due to the small footprint of surface.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Hope you guys aren't getting too hot out there. I was planning on picking rocks but baby had other plans. Have a good weekend.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Good Work

Thank you to the guys who made it out this morning. We moved a lot of rocks and brush, and the place already looks better. Days like this go a long way toward earning the confidence of the city that they have a good partner in the project.

Mike Anderson--thanks for bringing the truck! We hauled a dozen or more loads with that rig.

Todd Berry and Marc Linn (stepping it up for the rock crawling guys.)
Ken Garza
Ron Connally and Alice
Alex and Jake Danilchik (of course!)
Tracy Slatten
Steve and Bryce Todd

Just some good old fashioned Irish dirt farming. Nothing smart or glamorous about it, but we're getting it done.

Thanks, guys. And one hard working gal!
Old 09-10-2011, 08:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Nice to meet you guys and glad we could help out today. We will be looking forward to the next work party.

Snapped some pictures during the day. Guess I am too new on here to post the link but I will PM it too Todd and perhaps he can post it up.

Huge thanks to Mike for bringing the truck. We got so much more stuff pulled out for sure!

Catch you later.

Marc
Old 09-11-2011, 03:13 PM
Tech Rookie

just wanted to say hi..as i just joined to keep updated on the sea tac project am from the rock crawling clubs..
Old 09-13-2011, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

I followed up with the parks director this morning, and I would like to extend his gratitude for the work party's effort this past weekend. They definitely have confidence in us as reliable partners in this effort. Good job guys! And Alice!

Here are a couple of pictures from the day:

Old 09-13-2011, 11:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

What is the approx dimensions of the track?
Old 09-13-2011, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

For present purposes, call it 120' by 60'. The parks department still has to install the drainage design the city's engineers drew up. After that, we will see for sure.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:23 PM
Tech Adept

Todd,
Just seeing if there is anything more needed at this point...I know we made a good stab at getting things cleaned up for the parks folks. There was still some debris left... Do we need to make a second pass, or sit tight until the drainage is installed. I would be happy to help in another work party if needed.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

The park is digging the infiltration trench and building the berm right now, actually. They are planning to fill the trench with gravel, possibly by Wednesday, though I do not know if the recent rain has knocked them off schedule. It's nice right now, for sure.

After that...it will be time to convene the design committee, walk the site, and begin to officially stake things out and make some decisions. A lot of dirt is coming out of the trench, so we'll see what that's like to work with. Plus, we have the turf across the street, and more at Hangar 2, to help build features if we go that route. That said, it's late in the year to muster up the energy for a full push on the build. It's no one's fault, it has just taken time to get it this far. The forecast is good this week, but it looks like rain all next. That's a factor, too.

We'll see what we have to work with by the end of this week.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Some updates.

The park shop continues to work on the infiltration trench. The engineers paid a visit and decided it needs to be deeper. So, as they can free up staff from other duties, parks staff are getting it done.

The county came and cleaned up the street front of the site. It looks much better.

Kenny Schaff passed on a Craigslist post of free fill available. I followed up as I thought it might be worth looking at. Well, they called this morning and said that since it is in close proximity, and if we would take it all, they would also deliver it for free. Today. So, I abandoned my wife at the office and ran down to take a look. I think the dirt is good. It was covered, so it was quite dry, but even so, it seemed to bind in the hand. And while it's not sifted topsoil, there aren't very many rocks at all. So...I had to make a decision. 8 to 10 loads are being delivered as I type. I hope my makeshift soil engineer's cap isn't cone-shaped and packaged with a three-legged stool!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Mason '12.

Got a nice ring to it..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.