Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center >

Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Like Tree651Likes

Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Old 10-03-2011, 10:54 AM
Tech Adept

Hi folks,

Went on down to the track site Sunday to take a look, WOW. Most of the brush along the road is gone, leaving some trash exposed.
The 11 or so loads of fill is sitting there. The retention ditch is dug but not filled. All of the debris we placed along the road from last work party is gone!
I am planning on going down next Sunday (9th) from 9:30ish to noon to clean some of the trash and start another pile of debris along the road like last time.
I will get some pics next time out.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Sunday Work Party

I'll follow Tracy's lead on this one.

SeaTac Work Party
Sunday, October 9
9 to Noon

We need to clean up the perimeter of the site, particularly the west side. We scored a lot more fill than I expected we could. And there is actually more to come. With the debris and trash cleared away, the parks department will help us spread the dirt around and will probably hydroseed it ahead of the coming wet months. We should have a nice park-like surrounding area come spring.

In the meantime, if all goes according to plan, we can bring in some high grade clay topsoil for the track proper. We actually have two piles on site now, and holy mackerel! it's nice stuff. It's like it's been sifted and refined. I am working with the same contractor and excavating company to sort and stockpile dirt from a job they have going. I was able to strike up a conversation with the second day's dump truck driver and he understood what we are trying to do. He passed it on, and then some more conversation, and yadda yadda.

So...let's prep the site.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:13 PM
Tech Adept

Wow, this is going to be awesome! Great work everyone!

I will try and stop by on Sunday and help out on what I can.

Justin,
Old 10-15-2011, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

Default Update

An update on the progress at SeaTac...

The infiltration trench is completed. Many thanks to the City of SeaTac Parks Maintenance staff who contributed to this part of the track: two days of equipment time during a rather busy season of soccer field maintenance, working with the city's engineers, and purchasing the gravel. All on the city's time and dime.

Our work parties have given the city great confidence in our commitment to the project, so I would like to thank those who have contributed their time to the task. Particularly our last, a portion of which was slugged out in the rain. But, we've cleaned up a lot, and the site is looking good.

After talking with the head of the parks maintenance crew, we have decided to batten down the project for the wet season. The site is quite muddy now, and it is not a realistic prospect to get in there with a equipment and root around without causing a hell of a mess. So, the dirt I had brought in has been consolidated into one big pile and tarped, and straw has been spread out on the rest of the site. Additionally, a runoff barrier has been laid down in front of the trench. We will come back to it in the spring. I will have the club's official drivers stand engineer turning over the design in his mind over the coming months.

In the meantime, when my schedule clears a little, I will be calling a meeting for the rock crawling enthusiasts to start planning for the installation of their portion of the project. I am excited for this part, as I have envisioned a serious kick-ass North Shore style scale trail system and an elaborate technical boulder garden. It should be a very cool part of the park, and one that creates a really naturalistic, yet technical and fun venue for those who enjoy the crawling side of RC. One of my winter projects is a refurbishing of my CR01 in anticipation of the coming crawling area. Anyway, look for the email and message in a month or so.

Old 11-28-2011, 10:59 PM
Tech Adept

Default curios

so is this current is it march of 2012 couse im there if it is and im really curios if this will interveen with the disc golf park i play disc golf to and want to enjoy both hobbys of mine

i just noticed i wasnt paying attention about the current thing but i do want to know were it is located still that would be cool

Last edited by jaredstandiford; 11-28-2011 at 11:05 PM. Reason: wasnt paying attention
Old 11-29-2011, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

It's about 200 feet due east of the BMX track, and across 136th from the southeast corner of the disc golf course. It's all right there together.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
In the meantime, when my schedule clears a little, I will be calling a meeting for the rock crawling enthusiasts to start planning for the installation of their portion of the project. I am excited for this part, as I have envisioned a serious kick-ass North Shore style scale trail system and an elaborate technical boulder garden. It should be a very cool part of the park, and one that creates a really naturalistic, yet technical and fun venue for those who enjoy the crawling side of RC. One of my winter projects is a refurbishing of my CR01 in anticipation of the coming crawling area. Anyway, look for the email and message in a month or so.
Hey Todd,

I would be more then happy to help out with the "Scale" side of the crawling area. A few of us WARCRC (Washington Radio Control Rock Crawler) guys are discussing it now. I am sure the other folks from the other local crawling clubs would want to help out too.

I am actually in the works of building a course in my backyard.

Just let us know when you want to sit down and chat about getting this going. I am down to build courses any time of the year.

Justin,
(Head Scale Committee Member of www.WARCRC.org.)
Old 12-01-2011, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Justin, thanks for the post. That looks like a great backyard project!

I'm getting the word out to the crawler clubs right now and am letting them call the shots on when and where to get together. You have a couple comps coming up, where it may make sense to take a few minutes and discuss what's going on. At any rate, things are stirring up, and I will definitely post here as plans firm up.

PM me your email.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:10 PM
Tech Rookie

I would like to volenteer to work on the site
Old 12-28-2011, 12:04 AM
Tech Rookie

I would also like to volunteer.

I am also a WARCRC member
Old 01-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Tech Adept

Default curios

how is the dirt track going to hold up with short course im interested in getting one to race ???
Old 01-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Well, we will just have to see. I suppose it comes down to a combination of factors. The amount of traffic, the kind of traffic, the track construction, the maintenance routine, and most fundamentally: the weather. Of those five, we can only control two.

That said, if you were to buy only one vehicle for the track, a short course truck would probably be it. Though, for the record, each of my kids has a Slash, but I plan to buy a 2wd buggy. It's the one class, second only to 1/12th scale, that I've most wanted to race.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:31 PM
Tech Adept

ya ive changed my mind since then couse im realy interested in getting in with the big guys with short courses or 2wd buggys all roar approved im probably gonna buy a losi 22 as my next car just have to find the money first ha
Old 02-13-2012, 05:12 PM
Tech Rookie

I am going to be very exited to see when the track opens i go to TRCR in the meantime to race and i want a closer track, it will make it not such a long drive
Old 02-13-2012, 06:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just want to point out that if people are interested in off-road without the cost or space. The Losi Mini 8ight has been getting very good reviews for racing on 1/10th size tracks. Since its 1/14th and based around a 1/8th it can handle the obstacles a 1/10th track has. Would make a great spec class.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.