Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 08:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe
Grant got fast!

So shit Kyle...I mean, if Grant can do it... I might have provide you a car.
A WGT would provide epic summer time dreams....
Old 04-24-2013, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

U can email it to me and I can post it up, don know the number of posts u need

[email protected]
Old 04-24-2013, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wr3ckless
Does anyone know how many posts one has to make before being allowed to post URLs? I have stuff to share and it really gets annoying to be told time and again I cannot until I have reached a certain amount, and not be told what the amount is.

Thanks
Here ya go!http://vimeo.com/64699868
Old 04-24-2013, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Nice vid. I especially like the slow-mo of my wipe-out at the end of the sweeper. You need to work on straight-lining the chicane, so we get a clearer view through that part. j/k

-Mike
Old 04-24-2013, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett

thats forza with body posts.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Nice vid. I especially like the slow-mo of my wipe-out at the end of the sweeper. You need to work on straight-lining the chicane, so we get a clearer view through that part. j/k

-Mike
Yah, I still need some work on making my lines smoother. I seemed to have done alright for a couple laps behind you and Phil, but I just can't keep it consistent throughout the entire race yet. A couple laps here and there just wont do it in the end.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
THanks for posting for me Garret.

SO others may know: I was using an inexpensive camera about the size of playing dice. In the first lap I was hit from behind and spun; to avoid total carnage, I sat off to the side with the yellow Camaro (we got hit anyway). The yellow Camaro and I were the last two cars when we finally got going again; he finished fourth and I managed fifth.

after viewing this video, you can check out some of my other videos from the track I ran at in Hawaii; just click on my username.

ENJOY!!
Old 04-27-2013, 08:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Proper LiPo Battery Storage

Hey guys,

Sorry if this isn't the best forum to post this question, but I was hoping to get an answer from someone I know in person.

So, I'm using a Thunder Power TP610C-ACDC charger. It has a discharge function, but no storage function.

Is it important to discharge LiPo's to a proper storage voltage between race days? If so, what is the best voltage for storage (for a 2S pack), and how fast should I discharge the pack? The charger comes with a discharge function set at 0.25 amps from the factory, but this seems very slow to me.

I've read on Fantom's battery instructions to never discharge a lipo, but later in the same instructions it says to store them at a lower voltage (I forget the amount per cell, I think it was 3.6 or 3.7, maybe 3.8 V per cell, I forget the exact number.

What if, after a run, the battery isn't close to the recommend storage voltage? My pack came off the track at 3.9 per cell!

"To discharge or not to discharge, that is the question!" - (not) Shakespeare

Peace all,
Sam
Old 04-27-2013, 08:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Samwise
Hey guys,

So, I'm using a Thunder Power TP610C-ACDC charger. It has a discharge function, but no storage function.

Is it important to discharge LiPo's to a proper storage voltage between race days? If so, what is the best voltage for storage (for a 2S pack), and how fast should I discharge the pack? The charger comes with a discharge function set at 0.25 amps from the factory, but this seems very slow to me.

What if, after a run, the battery isn't close to the recommend storage voltage? My pack came off the track at 3.9 per cell!
What I am going to tell you may not be correct, but I am willing to tell you what I do and what my charger does.

After race days I use my charger to put my batteries in storage mode.
First, my charger does have a storage mode and it will not let me start the process unless the balance connections are made. It discharges at a maximum rate of 1.0 amp or I can set for lower. finally, it takes the pack down to 7.60 total.

If I were you and using your charger, see if it will let you discharge with your balance connections and if you can, then just keep a good eye on it as it goes.

I know that most ESCs have a LiPo cut off around 6.7 - 6.9 and you run the risk of damaging the pack if it falls below 6.6 (most chargers wont recharge), a voltage error is given.

Like I said, this info may not be 100% correct, but I hope it helps a little.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:50 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Hey Kyle check this out ..
8-year-old Daniel Kobbevik takes 3 out of 4 at the JConcepts Final!

April 26, 2013
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Factory Team Driver Daniel Kobbevik, 8 years old, took almost all the wins in the final. He won the 2WD Mod class with his Team Associated B4.2, took the Short Course win with his SC10 4x4 FT, and nailed the 2WD Truck Mod class with his T4.2!

In 4WD Buggy he had a strong fight with Kyosho Team Driver Lars Erik Mo. Lars took A Main 1 after a great fight with Daniel, then in leg 2 Daniel was took the lead early and kept it, until on the last lap, 40 meters from the finish line, a pin from the center CVD flew off the car, and Lars Erik secured the win in 4WD Mod Buggy.

After a crazy day from running all four classes, Daniel was satisfied with three wins and being second in 4WD Buggy. This is the same terrific "3-out-of-4" result he achieved at an earlier race, recorded here.

Daniel's results:

#9041 Factory Team RC10B4.2, 1st place
#90010 Factory Team SC10 4x4, 1st place
#7025 Factory Team RC10T4.2, 1st place
#9062 Factory Team B44.2, 2nd place
Old 04-27-2013, 11:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Great.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What a great indoor season, Eh !!!

Now that the indoor season is over, I want to encourage people to enjoy the outdoor programs that are starting back up ( first "scheduled" race is a week from Sunday ( May 5th ! )

For years people told me " Check out Fantasy World's outdoor race track / program " and I ignored them. They'd say " There is nothing like standing on the Bus "... I ignored them. year after year

Then one day, finally, me and a posse of indoor racers went to check out Fantasy World's club race program. I went reluctantly....
Boy was I dumb ignoring them !

Fantasy World is and has been my Summer home away from home for a few years now.

Basically, don't be dumb like me.... go out and race on the bus NOW, not later !!!!

Here is the thread :
The season starts next weekend... this coming Sunday the 5th of May ( weather permitting ) :

http://www.rctech.net/forum/northwes...ng-season.html

But I shouldn't fail to mention another program that is equally enjoyable even if there isn't a school bus. Joe runs a great program !

Fasttrax....
here is its thread:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/northwes...northwest.html

Sincerely,

Jake D.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Onroad Tracks

To back up what Jake is saying, I can't wait to get out on the tarmac and run some touring car! For information on local tracks, don't forget our Local Tracks tab on our website: http://seattlercracers.com/local-tracks/

You'll see a good list of the area's racing facilities, in alphabetical order (plus a shout out to our friends in MT at the bottom )
Old 04-27-2013, 11:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I forgot to mention Fantasy World runs basically every other Sunday.
see schedule :
http://fantasyworldracing.com/index....d=51&Itemid=58

Fasttrax runs on Saturdays but their schedule is a bit less regular.
see schedule :
http://www.fasttraxnw.com/8.html

Cheers,

Jake D.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Don't forget the Northwest Asphalt Challenge! I only made the FastTrax round last year, but it was totally awesome! I'm making it a point to make more rounds this year.

Also, if you're a newer racer and you've only raced carpet, you need to try asphalt. It's a very different feel. The grip is much more progressive, and you can push the car more and drive around setup issues more, which in the end makes it great for learning. It's easier to get around the track clean, so you can focus on learning how to get around the track faster.

-Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.