Search
Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 2013 Club Service Award

Raising new racers is a hard but necessary task. For the Seattle RC Racers, it is a core part of our club's identity. No one embodies it more than Brian Burk, the recipient of this year's Club Service Award. Brian sacrifices his own bench time to manage the club's loaner program. He helps keep the cars running while at the track, and often when away. He gets the racers set up with their stuff on a race night, and he provides guidance throughout the night. And he helps set up and tear down the track.

He is, metaphorically speaking, one of the club's vertebrae, in the lumbar region, where all the big core muscles attach. Without him, we could not do the basic things, like sit up straight, or walk.

Thank you, Brian, for your service.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2013 Club Service Award.pdf (60.5 KB, 122 views)
Old 04-21-2013, 04:59 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default glorious

What a great evening to end the season. Thanks to Todd and Alex for running the show. Thanks to all that helped setup and teardown on a weekly basis. Kyle thanks for entertaining trips. Kody, Sean and Brian Thanks for the pancar help. Wes and Garret thanks for the kind words and support in my pancar pursuits. Jake thanks for the sweet videos. Anyone else I forgot I apologoze. Matt and Lem your awesome. Too many great people to list.

Asphalt time!
Old 04-21-2013, 08:17 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tutankhamen
What a great evening to end the season. Thanks to Todd and Alex for running the show. Thanks to all that helped setup and teardown on a weekly basis. Kyle thanks for entertaining trips. Kody, Sean and Brian Thanks for the pancar help. Wes and Garret thanks for the kind words and support in my pancar pursuits. Jake thanks for the sweet videos. Anyone else I forgot I apologoze. Matt and Lem your awesome. Too many great people to list.
Grant got fast!

So shit Kyle...I mean, if Grant can do it... I might have provide you a car.

Anyway, great season everyone. Fantastic. Bombastic. Etc.

Election Results;

Bodine Treasurer
Swadener Secretary
Briscoe Representative
Danilchik Representative

.... Now .... Let's go build an offroad track!
Old 04-21-2013, 08:24 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe
So shit Kyle...I mean, if Grant can do it
the man does have a point Kyle.

Btw awesome season Stuart.

Tilley you are the man. Wouldn't have felt right if we ended the season without you there.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I guess positive renforcment works, gave grant encouragement and I gave Kyle nothing but crap... Maybe next year I will switch it up! Haha
Old 04-21-2013, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Tilley is like bearded book ends. There in the beginning, there at the end. I don't know what that means, but it sound funny, just like Mark.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Tilley is like bearded book ends. There in the beginning, there at the end. I don't know what that means, but it sound funny, just like Mark.
I pitted next to Tilley, had no idea what i was in for lol. Spent some time pondering the engineering on his 1/12 scale that came over on the Mayflower...
Old 04-21-2013, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dpatterson26
Attachment 1058487

Seriously. WTF?
LOL. You guys are funny.

Hey , thats Slick Watts, ex Seattle SUUUUUPPPPER Sonics point guard from the 70's !!!
Old 04-21-2013, 09:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

What a fantastic season!!! Many thanks to everybody.

Final series points attached below.

Bill S.
Attached Files
Old 04-22-2013, 08:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Thank you everyone for a great season/series, and for welcoming me to your race program.
I look forward to doing it again next year.
I hope to see some of you around this summer at some asphalt races.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm sure glad Leighton and I were able to bring Tilley for your pleasure. We went thru a lot of pain with all the hours in the car. But at the end of the day we had all of the worlds problems fixed.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe

.... Now .... Let's go build an offroad track!
That would be great! I have been down to take a look a week or so ago.
It is ready to spread around the dirt we have, make general forms and shapes...and then decide on topsoil and turf.

Not sure what was said in the recent club meeting about the track, but it needs a work day push. If anything to show the parks guys that we are ready to resume the build out. The dirt has settled over the winter. The drivers stand needs a few finishing touches. There are new benches installed.

We need a tractor/bobcat/driver for a day. Anyway....hope to see some folks down there soon.

Oh, and yes the season was great. For me, glad that Peter/folks had brought up the idea of running mod in 12th. I think overall it proved that the cars can be run at the club level. And Peter was right about having to use more tires.
I think I found that 1 set of fronts and 2 sets for the rear but was very doable. Enough rear tire and stagger front to rear eluded me for most of the season. In the end, as I increased tire diameter, rear traction remained through the end of the run. If the rear tire was to big, it traction rolled. I was able to reduce the size until I found a balance of good grip and not flipping the car. It only took till the last 2 runs of the season to get it close.
I am looking forward to another chance at Brian and Maybell next year!
Todd, were going to get those guys next year.

Tracy
Old 04-23-2013, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

It's funny how the farther I progress in terms of driving and setup skills, the longer the road in front of me looks. I can't wait for next year!

-Mike
Old 04-24-2013, 12:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
It's funny how the farther I progress in terms of driving and setup skills, the longer the road in front of me looks. I can't wait for next year!

-Mike
I think I have to agree with you there. As a novice, the road in front of me often looks like a wall ->
Old 04-24-2013, 08:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Does anyone know how many posts one has to make before being allowed to post URLs? I have stuff to share and it really gets annoying to be told time and again I cannot until I have reached a certain amount, and not be told what the amount is.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.