Search
Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Do you actually not own / can't afford a 10.5, and just want to race? Or are you poking the bear, instead of doing 5 minutes of soldering?

-Mike
Poking da bear, like always

Steve
Old 12-13-2010, 03:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oldrcr
without boost, we are all very close and having more fun since we can focus on other important set-up needs without adding the "figuring out boost factor" in there. The races are cleaner, since the speeds are all close to the same. Its a win-win situation. Its fun to see all the grins coming off the stand after our races lately.

Boost is still used, just in the mod class by some, so it has not gone away.

-Alex
He wasn't asking to change the class or the rules. He just wanted to know if HE Could run it. I figured the more the merrier and I miss having him around. The lap times you posted would indicated a "no biggie".
Old 12-13-2010, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

EDIT: Nevermind. Just had to read two pages back.

Is Saturday's race open to everyone? I'm not sure what "Advent Indoor" means. Anxious to race my TC6 for the first time!
Old 12-13-2010, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mdowney
EDIT: Nevermind. Just had to read two pages back.

Is Saturday's race open to everyone? I'm not sure what "Advent Indoor" means. Anxious to race my TC6 for the first time!
It's just a name, open to all racers that want to race (Need Roar though, you have that I'm sure)

Steve
Old 12-13-2010, 04:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

The nerve of some people!!!
Old 12-13-2010, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Cool Have a "Fantastic Season"! and Never Mind!

My question was aimed at the Class spec for the fast approaching ROAR Carpet Nats in mind. Not to worry as TZII is just an extra "Hop'n a Skip" further South.
Thanks to all the WGT and Non WGT Drivers for the "Enhanced Rules Clarification" (ROAR), and "Integrity Optimized" Consideration!
Old 12-13-2010, 10:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Jeez, la-weez.

I am sure Lynn, who happens to be one of the nicest guys around this "hobby", isn't out to steal those sought after points. He wants to run at his local track a set up that he has. I am sure (pretty sure), his money is good there. He is saying he would travel to TZ if need be. I would say it was a nice gesture to ask, he could have just showed up. Would he be asked to leave? Probably not... It's not like there is tech or anything...

How are those non ROAR approved motors working out?

Kyle, and before you ask me... I am nobody.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Wow. I just realized its going to be a month until the next weeknight race. Noooo! (And before its asked, Im waiting on esc still and I work Saturdays)
Old 12-14-2010, 06:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by el salvador
My question was aimed at the Class spec for the fast approaching ROAR Carpet Nats in mind. Not to worry as TZII is just an extra "Hop'n a Skip" further South.
Thanks to all the WGT and Non WGT Drivers for the "Enhanced Rules Clarification" (ROAR), and "Integrity Optimized" Consideration!
Lynn,

Get real, esc's with boost and timing are just like Computer's, A passing fad, they'll be gone soon, I think we should all be running wiper resistors.

The God powers aren't going to relent.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
Jeez, la-weez.

I am sure Lynn, who happens to be one of the nicest guys around this "hobby", isn't out to steal those sought after points. He wants to run at his local track a set up that he has. I am sure (pretty sure), his money is good there. He is saying he would travel to TZ if need be. I would say it was a nice gesture to ask, he could have just showed up. Would he be asked to leave? Probably not... It's not like there is tech or anything...

How are those non ROAR approved motors working out?

Kyle, and before you ask me... I am nobody.

That argument is old and hasn't held water even from the beginning so let it go. Everybody stop crying like babies over a slowly updated website, or 1S rotors, or speed controls... Seems as though the Ailuropoda melanoleuca tears start flowing from more than one now.

As he so graciously pointed out, I don't run the class so why bother upholding the simple to follow rules.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Anyone thinking about getting into TC racing? Damn goo price for a brand new kit!

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c....pl?pn=SCHK115
Old 12-14-2010, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

This is a dead horse, well beaten.

From the very beginning there have been folks opposed to "no-timing" rules set forth at H30 for the season. Most of those folks aired their grievances, moved on, and continued to race. Other folks seem to take any opportunity to gripe, take jabs, bitch/moan, complain, pout, sulk....and refuse to race because the program doesn't suit their personal requests or preferences.
I wish those folks would come back, have fun, and race. But anyone that stays away because of that tire choice or this esc setting is just cutting the nose off to spite their face. The rules are not meant to be anyone's personal cross to bear. They are set for the good of the club at that particular time.

There's a large (and growing) group of folks having a great time with the current season's rules. Nobody ever said the rules can't be tweaked for next season. Everyone is welcome to their opinion, but there will never be a time where 100% of the racers will be 100% happy.

Also, running a particular pancar setup at H30 to practice for TZ is nearly futile. Anyone who's raced at both places knows that.

C'est la vie. You can't please everyone.

Last edited by jubilee; 12-14-2010 at 10:57 AM.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Could someone enlighten me as to why the Tri-cities dates were changed on the website? Are these confirmed dates or not? Trying to sort out some scheduling here (Pete I think we need to make a weekend testing trip to TZ)

And it's good to see everyone still upholding the RC Tech spirit... you know if you start flying helicopters there are no rules for what setup you can run. Know what that means?? You don't have to bitch about it and we don't have to listen to you! Carry on..
Old 12-14-2010, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jubilee
Also, running a particular pancar setup at H30 to practice for TZ is nearly futile. Anyone who's raced at both places knows that.
Amen
Old 12-14-2010, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mini-dub
(Pete I think we need to make a weekend testing trip to TZ)
didn't we just go?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.