Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree374Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 10-28-2010, 10:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I for one had a lousy night, decided to try out the CRC/BSR tires which meant using the truer, then trying to figure out why my rear axle shimming was way off, (even with all the shimms removed), figured that out, then of course had to reset ride height, by the time all that was done, I missed Q2, so i figure with the time to kill, I'll go over the whole car make sure everything is good to go, but I forgot one little item, time for the main, set the car down and ut oh, gear mesh is off. go to set the gear mesh and well, didn't want to hold up the program, "people gotta get home" so i just said screw it and packed up, guess that entry fee was just prepayment for sunday.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

First and foremost, I want to thank Bill, Greg and the other guy for bringing chow. I was hungry going to the Hanger and didn't want to stop for any snacks for fear not being hungry enough. I've got two words: Yum & Thanks!

I think that TA spray is improving conditions as the track seems to be getting faster. I would like to think that I am not doing anything different to the cars to go faster. I just think that the track is just allowing it. Pete is certainly dusting off his skillz and getting back to old form. While I was pushing the lawnmower around in the 12th main, I had one eye trying to watch the closing lap between the charging Pete vs Sean show. I blinked and missed the pass of the night. Congrats Pete, Sean took the dominate TQ.

I hope that we start to consider some time trimming ideas. Getting out at midnight leaves the mains unavailable to many. Personally, I would like to see lights out by 11p.

Some keep asking for LiveRC, but I will go out on the limb and say that with the set up and tear down of a club, that the luxury of an internet feed is too much fuss for club racing.

Bill: classic line - Small snippets of brilliance punctuated by gaping chasms of confusion. That and "bringing papers for the monkeys". I've got more for that story that you will giggle to yourself for days.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default All Hallows Indoor at Hangar 30

Ooooooooo...Spooky!

It's that time of year: the harvest is in, and the boundary between this world and the spirit realm is gauzy thin. Who will be the Druid's sacrifice to be bled out into the soil? Greg Stevens? Kent Hu? Travis Schreven? Come to Hangar 30 and take part in the ancient rituals...oh, and bring your touring cars and pan cars. We'll set up the track and have a race, too. It's the

All Hallows Indoor at Hangar 30

Sunday, October 31

Schedule
7am Setup
8am Practice
10am Q1

3 quals and single mains.

(Note: It's Halloween. We will be on a mission to have everything wrapped up, locked up, and lights out by 5pm.)

Classes
Stock TC
Mod TC
Stock 1/12th
World GT
Scale Spec
Novice

$10 per class.
ROAR membership required.
Tables and chairs provided.
Paragon Ground Effects (heavenly smell of wintergreen) is the sauce.

Get Your Fear On!

Last edited by PutAwayWet; 10-28-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:58 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Ooooooooo...Spooky!

It's that time of year: the harvest is in, and the boundary between this world and the spirit realm is gauzy thin. Who will be the Druid's sacrifice to be bled out into the soil? Greg Stevens? Kent Hu? Travis Schreven? Come to Hangar 30 and take part in the ancient rituals...oh, and bring your touring cars and pan cars. We'll set up the track and have a race, too. It's the

All Hallows Indoor at Hangar 30

Schedule

7am Setup
8am Practice
10am Q1

3 quals and single mains.

(Note: It's Halloween. We will be on a mission to have everything wrapped up, locked up, and lights out by 5pm.)

Classes
Stock TC
Mod TC
Stock 1/12th
World GT
Scale Spec
Novice

$10 per class.
ROAR membership required.
Tables and chairs provided.
Paragon Ground Effects (heavenly smell of wintergreen) is the sauce.

Get Your Fear On!
I thought this race was changed to Sunday because of some charitable event on Saturday? Am I perhaps thinking about another dimension?
Old 10-28-2010, 10:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

anyone know who - HLB hobbies in redmond is??
Old 10-28-2010, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tutankhamen
I thought this race was changed to Sunday because of some charitable event on Saturday? Am I perhaps thinking about another dimension?
It was. My mistake for not including the date in the post. You are in the solid world.

All the same, watch out for zombies.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

The grip has definately come up. I had my TZ setup on the car for both rounds of qualifying(OK just one round because my pit guy did not set the gear mesh properly and I stripped a spur in the first round on the first lap). Car felt pretty good but not quite as stuck as I would like it. It does not need the complete setup change out just a few minor tweeks. For the 12th I ran the TZ setup but with different tires. Not bad but a little too much understeer. Once again only ran the second round because my pit guy left off 2(out of 3) screws that hold the left rear tire on the car. Apparently the car won't go 8 minutes in this configuration.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Another awesome night at the Hangar! I think I counted 16 1/12 cars! The black front tires were great with yellow rears. I made a mistake of not squaring up the fronts on the truer b4 the main so my car faded to a bit of a push the last 4 minutes of the main. I could see Pete start to close the gap and thought he might catch me by the last lap. I was right and he put a great pass on me with a corner to go.

I had really good power last night. I was running a 1.74 tire, 76x46 with a Duo.

Great racing with everyone!

Last edited by Maybell; 10-28-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Huge thanks to Bill and the food crew for the home made Sammich dinner !
That really hit the spot !

as far as 1/12th... Not knowing what to expect, I just ran Randy Walkers 12r5.1 the way he sold it to me. He had set it up for TZ II , I agree with Mike, apparently the grip has come up substantially because the TZII setup worked well at the Hangar.

Anyway, I had a good time running 1/12.... 8 minutes ! I didn't know I could hold my breath that long !

Jake
Old 10-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
Huge thanks to Bill and the food crew for the home made Sammich dinner !
That really hit the spot !
Jake
+1

Originally Posted by Maybell
Another awesome night at the Hangar! I think I counted 16 1/12 cars! The black front tires were great with yellow rears. I made a mistake of not squaring up the fronts on the truer b4 the main so my car faded to a bit of a push the last 4 minutes of the main. I could see Pete start to close the gap and thought he might catch me by the last lap. I was right and he put a great pass on me with a corner to go.

I had really good power last night. I was running a 1.74 tire, 76x46 with a Duo. *84mm rollout*

Great racing with everyone!
Thanks Sean for the info! Epic run nonetheless...

Last edited by JayBee; 10-28-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000

I hope that we start to consider some time trimming ideas. Getting out at midnight leaves the mains unavailable to many. Personally, I would like to see lights out by 11p.
Maybe trim the classes back to 5mins? 12th should stay at 8, but cutting all other classes back to 5mins would probably save around 30mins over the course of the night/day?

Travis Schreven and I were discussing this last night, and in mod anyways, regardless of how long you set the paragon on the tires for... they have given all they can by the 4:45 mark anyway. I don't know if this is the same for the rest of the sedan classes.

I like the extra racing for my buck, but would not complain at all if we cut that extra minute to get everybody home earlier
Old 10-28-2010, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Thanks to Alex, Greg, Steve, and Wes for helping out with the chow line.

Just FYI, that amount of pork was approx 14 bucks. Consider that plus a cheap family pack of buns from Costco, and we got ourselves a inexpensive hot lunch/dinner.

In the future I'd be willing to do this again and put a honor system payment can out. Anything over break-even would go to the club. Thinking 3-5 bucks for 2 sammies and chips...maybe a soda or water too.

Just thinking out loud here...opinions welcome.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jubilee
Thanks to Alex, Greg, Steve, and Wes for helping out with the chow line.

Just FYI, that amount of pork was approx 14 bucks. Consider that plus a cheap family pack of buns from Costco, and we got ourselves a inexpensive hot lunch/dinner.

In the future I'd be willing to do this again and put a honor system payment can out. Anything over break-even would go to the club. Thinking 3-5 bucks for 2 sammies and chips...maybe a soda or water too.

Just thinking out loud here...opinions welcome.
I'm in. Bring it Sunday
Old 10-28-2010, 04:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jubilee
I seem to be in a "learning phase" in 1/12 class.
Small snippets of brilliance punctuated by gaping chasms of confusion.
i told ya your tires were too small
Old 10-28-2010, 04:27 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
Maybe trim the classes back to 5mins? 12th should stay at 8, but cutting all other classes back to 5mins would probably save around 30mins over the course of the night/day?

Travis Schreven and I were discussing this last night, and in mod anyways, regardless of how long you set the paragon on the tires for... they have given all they can by the 4:45 mark anyway. I don't know if this is the same for the rest of the sedan classes.

I like the extra racing for my buck, but would not complain at all if we cut that extra minute to get everybody home earlier
Not trying to be devils advocate, but if time is cut it should come form all classes. 6 minute 12th and 5 minute all other classes would save considerable time.

Unfortunatly anyway you slice it, still too late for me.

Grant

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.