Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

CONGRATS BRIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2010, 10:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Rewp! Where are you? We have some celebrating to do LV style. In case someone was not following along, NW took some major credentials this week at the iic. Besides snatching up 4 out 5 tq spots, the crc team rolled threw the mains like like skilled surgens taking all but mod twelth. Josh took mod by just a scant few second from a hard charging Hupo to bust up the sweep. I had one of the most amazing weeks ever. I could count on less then two hands how many pipes I brushed on two hands all week in all heats. It was rare and most rewarding. The NW needs to be proud of the talent base that floats in our surroundings. My results are a sum of our efforts.

Joey; you would dug this!

Pat Moorehead also did great by making two A's.

Dave Erhlich graced a couple of A's.

It saddens me to read the bickering over class rules for nwic. They are rules. Adapt. Prevail. Be proud of your accomplishments.

Thanks for all the text and words of support!
Brian
Old 09-12-2010, 12:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

dude you are the man Brian!!!! congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope there is some video of this!!!!
Old 09-12-2010, 01:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hAhA>> i know i so wanted to be there Brian.. i watched you race and it was your weekend and you showed us all how it was LAYED DOWN!!!! (i was watching your races on my 54 LCD tv.... YOUR THE MAN!!!! (my gf was like.. Its just toys!!! damn her!)

BUT all the NW guys did awesome for all of us and thank you! i wish i was there... (damn child support...HAHA)

PS~ yes you see all the bickering but its all to heart and yes... RULES ARE RULES and we will always have fun and support our circuit

PSPS~ BRIAN email when you i wanna know the "inside scoop"

RC PLUS RULES!
Old 09-12-2010, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jubilee
If you're hell-bent on insisting you're correct there's not much I can do. But I'll challenge you to a wager: $50 says the top H30 WGT race run in 2010/11 matches or exceeds the top run (in laps) from 2009/10 (assuming the same layout, which is the current plan). You in??

I didn't have a problem with your answer to my original question til I found it was inaccurate.
By the times posted I was proven CORRECT. How about a heads up challenge my 13.5 w/ timing against your 10/5 w/o.

Mark
Old 09-12-2010, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mkdut
Mark the point is that the times are similar(not the same) as the boosted 13.5. Fast lap for mod rubber at the NWIC was 9.9. Fast lap Weds for mod rubber was 10.2. This is comparable to the lap time difference I had in WGT. On a big track like TZII it will be slower because of the top end. Everywhere else I don't think you will see a difference.
Thats right in the range I would expect at h30, when I tried it at TZ last winter it was about .5 to .6 off for me. I'm not sure why bill wants to crusade otherwise, it doesn't really matter thats its slower if your all having a good time.

Mark
Old 09-12-2010, 11:21 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by mtveten
By the times posted I was proven CORRECT. How about a heads up challenge my 13.5 w/ timing against your 10/5 w/o.

Mark
U Show um Mark ...
Old 09-12-2010, 12:30 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
U Show um Mark ...
This isnt even your thread tool shed. Go back to your hash bar.

Grant
Old 09-12-2010, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Play nice boy king Tut.
Fantastic Brian! Great showing by all our NW racers. Let the party begin Vegas style.
Can't wait for you to get back and impart some of your wisdom gained at LV for us students at the TZ 11 track. Congrats again Brian.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:42 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jtveten
Play nice boy king Tut.
Fantastic Brian! Great showing by all our NW racers. Let the party begin Vegas style.
Can't wait for you to get back and impart some of your wisdom gained at LV for us students at the TZ 11 track. Congrats again Brian.
Yes pops.

congrats to all in vegas for putting on a great show. Good racing by all. Nice going Brian. That is just awesome.

Grant
Old 09-12-2010, 04:21 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Simply AWESOME...I am so proud of you guys!! ...tears of enjoyment!
Old 09-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

How about you just show up and race with us within our rules and quit complaining or whatever it is your doing? So what you were right but that's last years rules and it was at tz not the hanger. We need more guys showing up to race and have fun and less chatter on what shoulda coulda woulda cuae the rule arnt gonna change. Let's have fun and race!!!!!

Mark
Old 09-12-2010, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rdog
How about you just show up and race with us within our rules and quit complaining or whatever it is your doing? So what you were right but that's last years rules and it was at tz not the hanger. We need more guys showing up to race and have fun and less chatter on what shoulda coulda woulda cuae the rule arnt gonna change. Let's have fun and race!!!!!
Gee the hanger sure knows how to make perspective racers feel welcome. I answer a simple question with FACTs confirmed by one of your own and get attacked for it, look elsewhere for additional racers.

Mark
Old 09-12-2010, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Mark
Now you want to race me? C'mon Mark! I'm a B-mainer at the big races. This isn't about who's faster, it's about accurate vs faulty info.

I'm not crusading, I just think you're off base. If you want to compare last year's ECC results to the 1st race of this season, that's you're prerogative. I think it's easy to recognize how ridiculous that is.

Either accept or don't:

I'll challenge you to a wager: $50 says the top H30 WGT race run in 2010/11 matches or exceeds the top run (in laps) from 2009/10 (assuming the same layout, which is the current plan). You in??

I'm good for it and you seem confident. What do you have to lose?
Old 09-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Bill: Can I get in on this $50? What do we have to do? Take 10.5 wgt no-boostie around the track faster then last seasons 13.5 boosted? Not to slap either of you, but what difference does this make to right now? This is silly. Move on.

Guys! What an awesome week in LV. I can't say that I have ever had a better week racing. From the moment we unloaded, we were quick. My 13.5 boosted 12th was the weak link. My 17.5 12th spec was a great handling car, but needed just a bit more hp in the trunk. I found that hp in Mark Day's pit bag, a new Novak motor. A couple of runs to fine tune timing and r/o, I was close. The still needed more so I abandoned the tire choice I was using for black/greylow. The eyebrow raising began as I caught the class favorites by surprise in R1. I dropped in some flawless runs with only maybe a single brush of a board per run, most were "touch free" which the others could not match.

WGT 13.5 was a mirror image of the 12th. I was even impressing myself with flawless touch free runs. The rest had fast cars up front or would touch a board or would fade towards the end.

The B Main bump up in 13.5 boosted 12th was a highlight for sure. The car was solid all week, but I must have hit it for this race. Chasing Drew Ellis down in the closing last half was another perfect performance. I knew his car would fade in the last 90 seconds and I could make my move. With a few laps to go, I got a great run on the straight and checked up on his spur. I knew that a pass was not going to come easy, but just then he tapped out at the end of the sweeper. Thank you sir, I will take that.

The 17.5 12th A Main was staged to be a pure gun slinger main between myself and Kenny Lambert. In pre-stage, Kenny noticed a loose screw on the front end. It turned out to be stripped out causing him to have a mechanical almost immediately at the beginning of the race. Mike Hanullec took his spot and applied his fair share of pressure. I worked up a 5 second lead by mid race and decided to tap a board that I have not hit all week preforming a nice little pirouette which landed backwards. I had to whip a doughnut which picked up the junk off the racing line and Mike was right on my tail. I ran out the rest of the main without issue and stretched out a victory by a few seconds.

The WGT main went very similarly. A great start. Settled in and cruised with 2nd just a corner back. I hit the same stupid corner and the field checked up on me. The last of the race went without issue winning by a 2.4 second margin over teammate Mario.

The A Main of 13.5 12th was just bonus laps at this point. Starting from the back has it's privileges as in watching the guys do something less the desirable in front of you and then go around! This turned out to be a 10th to 5th in just one lap kind of trick. Nothing relatively exciting happened for the remainder of the race and I finished 5th with no one in striking reach, Dave Ehrlich was right behind me.

Pairing up with the CRC Team clearly worked well. We took 4 out of 5 TQ spots in pan classes and only missed the 5th by a scant 0.1th in mod! The CRC Maxcell lipos powered all the cars. The Black Art Audi R8C was sought after by the lead 12th cars in 17.5. The CRC Track Magnet tires kept the track and car on good terms. And the Black Diamond allowed the laptop to be a car stand all week. In all fairness, I did tq with the Tekins in "blinky" mode spec mode, once set, they were never looked at again.

What a week! What an event. Thanks for everyone's phone calls, text, postings and emails. We even had Ritchie, Franco and Mike Malkinson in the house for some front row spectating.

Brian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.