Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 12-14-2010, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
If by stirring the pot you mean posting the truth about the "rules" then ok my head goes back in the sand
I fail to see the problem. The club elected a comp committee. The comp committee made the rules. We run by the rules til the next vote and subsequent rule selection.

Everyone runs in the spirit of the rules. To selfishly request use of race time that everyone else pays for, to test and tune for a class (for a different track) that nobody else is running is ridiculous. IMO this is a far cry from running some soon-to-be-approved motor...but I know nothing about that argument and don't wish to get involved. I like both parties involved and wish they'd settle it over a brewski.

The program continues to grow and flourish despite the few but loud complaints. Something is obviously being done right.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by arn671
Buttcannon, go get that Viper motor You won't regret it
Need to know what Tom is currently running esc and motor. It looked awfully slow, either that or it was just his driving at the last race.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jubilee
I fail to see the problem. The club elected a comp committee. The comp committee made the rules. We run by the rules til the next vote and subsequent rule selection.

Everyone runs in the spirit of the rules. To selfishly request use of race time that everyone else pays for, to test and tune for a class (for a different track) that nobody else is running is ridiculous. IMO this is a far cry from running some soon-to-be-approved motor...but I know nothing about that argument and don't wish to get involved. I like both parties involved and wish they'd settle it over a brewski.

The program continues to grow and flourish despite the few but loud complaints. Something is obviously being done right.
Couple of things jump out. Everyone runs in the spirit of the rules.......yea. but that doen't mean their following the rules. Its no biggie and I really don't care until someone brings up its not within the rules. That's why I've been running the esc I have been. While not approved, the software is.

Point two. There's the telling difference of opinion, while you feel Lynn request was selfish, I feel its a who gives a crap. (Apparently more then I would have thought).
Merry Christmas and happy happy joy joy. See you saturday
Old 12-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Point two. There's the telling difference of opinion, while you feel Lynn request was selfish, I feel its a who gives a crap. (Apparently more then I would have thought).
This isn't a new thing. Lynn has apparently decided to not race this season at H30 because the rules don't suit him. That's fine. The club runs on a reasonably democratic system. Everyone gets a vote. I've enjoyed racing with Lynn and wish he'd come back to H30, but if the current rules are to painful to bear then so be it. Everyone has to live with rules they deem stupid or unnecessary. Let's not forget this is toy car racing at the club level.

Merry Christmas and happy happy joy joy. See you saturday
I'll have my special candy striped rubber gloves on just for you.

Last edited by jubilee; 12-14-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Hi guys, I am looking forward to visiting this Saturday.

I spoke with Todd, I plan on running my T3 in Touring Stock.

I will make good use of an available table and chair, and buy a set of sweeps.

Is there anyone that would allow me to use their setup tools a few times throughout the day? I do not currently own any.

I would love if someone could give/sell me a little paragon as well, I will bring an empty Jack container, I'd rather not buy a full bottle of paragon.

John Tsang
Old 12-14-2010, 03:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

This isn't a new thing. Lynn has apparently decided to not race this season at H30 because the rules don't suit him. That's fine. The club runs on a reasonably democratic system. Everyone gets a vote. I've enjoyed racing with Lynn and wish he'd come back to H30, but if the current rules are to painful to bear then so be it. Everyone has to live with rules they deem stupid or unnecessary. Let's not forget this is toy car racing at the club level.

As long as we don't forget the rules were bent for the mini cooper we're all good.

I'll be sure to wash extra good...
Old 12-14-2010, 03:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Well since it is toy cars at a club level, why couldn't he just run? He's not looking to run oval out there..and the rules thing technically went out the window when people were running non ROAR motors and esc(pre-approved Viper and still not SXX v2)..

And on a dirtier note from another thread.. get the T4.1
Old 12-14-2010, 04:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

<sigh> n/m

Last edited by gwhiz; 12-14-2010 at 04:16 PM. Reason: <sigh>
Old 12-14-2010, 04:16 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn
Hi guys, I am looking forward to visiting this Saturday.

I spoke with Todd, I plan on running my T3 in Touring Stock.

I will make good use of an available table and chair, and buy a set of sweeps.

Is there anyone that would allow me to use their setup tools a few times throughout the day? I do not currently own any.

I would love if someone could give/sell me a little paragon as well, I will bring an empty Jack container, I'd rather not buy a full bottle of paragon.

John Tsang
Hi John
Come by to see me ,I'll be there sat....Franko
Old 12-14-2010, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

There are rules, Kyle. This is not 'Nam.

On a sweeter note: Croissant count! Speak up.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:33 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Hey Todd
Of course everyone know the Hangar30 rules
Can you just ask all the WGT racers get together this sat,and ask them if they don't mind have having lynn running his 13.5 timming together for fun?

Side note ..Lynn Please NO HACKING
Old 12-14-2010, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

'bout time the bitchin' went PM.......stop it will ya, it looks bad.

Jacko

PS Croissant is the best class to run anyway !!
Old 12-14-2010, 04:39 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Victor Vector

Jacko

Me Bitching ??? not sure that I am!
Just wanted to have more racers to show up and support the club..
Old 12-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OVA
Hey Todd
Of course everyone know the Hangar30 rules
Can you just ask all the WGT racers get together this sat,and ask them if they don't mind have having lynn running his 13.5 timming together for fun?

Side note ..Lynn Please NO HACKING
Lol.

Consider this. Lynn has refused to race all season because of the established rules. In the spirit of this notion, I'll pull my entry if the class is compromised for the benefit of one individual. Run the house specs or don't run at all. IMO this is a test of the club's dedication to integrity and confidence in the elected comp committee.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Victor Vector

Jacko

Or face to face... Love people with lots of keyboard courage.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.