Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Default Chile devastated

If Im not mistaken, some of our TM buddies race in Chile and sharing a thought for them.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:40 AM
Tech Elite

Default Front sway cams

Can anyone shed some insight on the use of the front sway bar cams ?
Old 03-29-2010, 03:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blis
Can anyone shed some insight on the use of the front sway bar cams ?
Harry:

I think it is to adjust any tweak being in the chassis caused by the swaybars...

Thanks
Andrew
Old 03-29-2010, 04:16 AM
Tech Elite

Default Thanks Bundy..

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Harry:

I think it is to adjust any tweak being in the chassis caused by the swaybars...

Thanks
Andrew
Spoke to Bishop and he had the packaging for the option pack that said the same. I was also pondering over how it affected droop.

Our G4 slammed Anthony's stationary G4 down teh backstraight at Brendale at full tilt with our Sirio XXX. Both bulkheads and an arm trashed.. slight bend in chassis, tore the belt and a bit of pully damage. But that carbon top plate stood strong and overall less damage than I had expected and Ive seen other cars buckle under a heavy impact and Anthony kept racing.. Rather impressed.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Spoke to Bishop and he had the packaging for the option pack that said the same. I was also pondering over how it affected droop.

Our G4 slammed Anthony's stationary G4 down teh backstraight at Brendale at full tilt with our Sirio XXX. Both bulkheads and an arm trashed.. slight bend in chassis, tore the belt and a bit of pully damage. But that carbon top plate stood strong and overall less damage than I had expected and Ive seen other cars buckle under a heavy impact and Anthony kept racing.. Rather impressed.
I guess cause it is acentric can changes the pressure on the holder I am out of my league with this....

Sorry to hear about the crash... Is Anthony car the older G4S? Flying Wing arms would not survive that sort of impact!

Cheers
Andrew
Old 03-29-2010, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Default G4s

I guess cause it is acentric can changes the pressure on the holder I am out of my league with this....

Sorry to hear about the crash... Is Anthony car the older G4S? Flying Wing arms would not survive that sort of impact!

Cheers
Andrew
Yeah Anthony is a TM racing buddy at England park.. we must have hit him fair and square on the rear of chassis... he simply drove off.

And Bundy.. I managed to tap out the holes on the old arms (have overhead sway) on rears and have two hinge pin holes and using the older G4 arms on rear. The Flying wings are way too brittle, specially the lower shock bally so I got frustrated with them and saving the wings for G4+ and titles etc.

Wasnt very difficult, I also shorted wheelbase and added downstop grubs to prevent the sway ball cup rubbing the 2nd spur. It's the 07 chassis with the wider tail section...

Final note, the Shepherd velox that won the ORRCA Gas title was using G4+ rear shocks.. Good drive by Tim Weir.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:33 AM
Tech Elite

Harry: nice work... I have G4+ #34 sitting here and never been used.

Interesting about the shocks on shepherd, always thought TM shocks to be a weak spot on car. My g4jr has Kyosho wce shocks and springs on it, but my GF has claimed that car and she thinks they are standard!
Old 03-30-2010, 03:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Cheers
Andrew
Yeah its the G4S (kit) with a 4mm chassis, I'll put my hand up for that one. I was so busy trying to recover I was speachless, next time i'll be yelling F$%king hell "BACK STRAIGHT" I've checked the car over since the impact and the is no damage to the car, its amazing how strong the thing is.

What happend to the TM in the final?
Old 03-30-2010, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Harry: nice work... I have G4+ #34 sitting here and never been used.

Interesting about the shocks on shepherd, always thought TM shocks to be a weak spot on car. My g4jr has Kyosho wce shocks and springs on it, but my GF has claimed that car and she thinks they are standard!
I think Harry may have had something to do with this. I think Tim broke a shockie and John H. may have had to borrow a set for Tim from Harry,

Would that be right Harry?

Will you be at Brendale on Friday; Harry. We're thinking on running the Kyosho with the CX12 engine.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Guys,

Relatively new to these forums. I to am one of those dedicated Team Magic fans around.

I'm from Canberra in the ACT and look forward to chatting with you about the G4 Series cars... additionally I have my G4RS on order and eagerly await it's arrival sometime next week... fingers crossed.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flynia
Hey Guys,

Relatively new to these forums. I to am one of those dedicated Team Magic fans around.

I'm from Canberra in the ACT and look forward to chatting with you about the G4 Series cars... additionally I have my G4RS on order and eagerly await it's arrival sometime next week... fingers crossed.
Welcome! - Its worth reading all the back posts, also checkout nitroKB http://nitrokb.netne.net/ There is a good section on the older g4S.

got any pictures of your local track?
Old 03-30-2010, 11:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Mate! Thats an awesome site and has been bookmarked!

I have a few pics of the Car and Track but can't upload as I dont have enough posts yet to upload images
Old 03-31-2010, 04:14 AM
Tech Elite

Default All good.

Originally Posted by flynia
Thanks Mate! Thats an awesome site and has been bookmarked!

I have a few pics of the Car and Track but can't upload as I dont have enough posts yet to upload images
Bundy I have G4+ #708 only used at state and nat titles.. the G4S is a hop up car, have 4mm lightened plate and I'd bought g4+ shocks ages ago and that what we put on the Shepherd. All my G4's are 07 spec, Not the 08 RS and becuase of the rear twin hinge pin holes I can use both arms.

I also have an original G4 that I rebuilt as a HISTORIC, but then decided to turn it into a 1hp car only. So three in total here. Thanks to lars as well for parts to build them up.

We'll be there Friday night Lars, with EP and an G4 TG on rubbers just for fun.
Anthony, car is better than ever now! So no probs brah, is all good!!

Flynia.. Plenty of England Park pics here..

http://www.beachmumsracing.org.au/me...um=2&gallery=7
Old 04-02-2010, 12:22 AM
Tech Elite

Bundy I have G4+ #708 only used at state and nat titles.. the G4S is a hop up car, have 4mm lightened plate and I'd bought g4+ shocks ages ago and that what we put on the Shepherd. All my G4's are 07 spec, Not the 08 RS and becuase of the rear twin hinge pin holes I can use both arms.

I also have an original G4 that I rebuilt as a HISTORIC, but then decided to turn it into a 1hp car only. So three in total here. Thanks to lars as well for parts to build them up.

We'll be there Friday night Lars, with EP and an G4 TG on rubbers just for fun.
Anthony, car is better than ever now! So no probs brah, is all good!!

Flynia.. Plenty of England Park pics here..

http://www.beachmumsracing.org.au/me...um=2&gallery=7

Thanks that clears it all for me... Abbey and i went down to Wynnum today ro play with her G4JR. Car doesn't go too bad with my improved shocks/setup, but not sure how it would be with pro tourer engine in it. In the end Abbey killed the HARD Racing steering servo as she found it too fast for her to handle.

Have a good Easter & stay safe!

Andrew
Old 04-02-2010, 04:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Question: Is the G4+ Evo still being produced and sold?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.