Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 05:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have only stripped the second gears on my G4 one weekend. I found the problem was that the motor mount is to short. The motor was rubbing on the chassis. I ground down the area and I have never had the problem again. That was with both the S-Class gears and the original Duro gears. I also run a shorter screw on the exaust side of the motor mount. The kit screws are also to long and the top and bottom tightened into each other and never allowed the motor mount to get tight. I am really happy with my RS and I can't wait to see how well it runs in the rest of the Heart of America series.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:20 AM
Tech Regular

what gear ratio should i use on a tight track or a big track?? would you suggest to buy the whole set of clutch gears and 2speed gear box gears??

deciding on what to buy and also know whats relevant.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DirtRacer
what gear ratio should i use on a tight track or a big track?? would you suggest to buy the whole set of clutch gears and 2speed gear box gears??

deciding on what to buy and also know whats relevant.
i suggest try with 16/52 and 21/47 for the tight track and 16/50 and 21/45 for the big track.

or me, i always use 16 and 21 pinions...best combinations for me.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default G4RS VS 720 Battle Movie!!!

G4RS VS 720 Battle Movie!!!

the 720 driver is the Champion of the recent Two Local Race.

G4RS(Gansei, Yellow Body), 720(Red Body)

http://kr.youtube.com/watch?v=efYHCunQsoY

and I will go to Kansas(ranexa) for Education (during Sep 14 ~ Oct 10, IBM)

It's First time for me to go America by alone.

are there ONROAD RC Track Near to Kansas?

I want to sightsee RC Track in weekend.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

.....some more things that have been changed - different shock bladders, different material on the brake pads, better fitting camber links ( don't bind up any more ! )

Also, it looks like the bearings are the K Factory ZF red seals
Old 08-31-2008, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

That was a great vid, I had the same type of race today at my local track www.rcpikeriver.com but wasn't able to make a vid lol. I am sure there are tracks in the area that you can goto and I hope someone chimes in to give you the info before you leave.

Sean

Originally Posted by gansei

Old 08-31-2008, 06:27 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Sean,
Great race today. Quite a battle between you and Sebastien. I think I'll try and bring a camera next race. It would be a good way to promote our track.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by charlesd
Hi Sean,
Great race today. Quite a battle between you and Sebastien. I think I'll try and bring a camera next race. It would be a good way to promote our track.

LOL Hey Charles, yea that was an awesome race today even being in the B main but hey I was 3rd in the A main for the first race LOL. I love this car it just drives so well and the last race was with the left rear sway bar link off.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:32 AM
Tech Elite

Got back from the nationals last night.
Once again i had a awesome time and had so much runtime for a change.
Had practice on Thursday and the track was sugared with medium traction.
first got motor and clutch sorted and then settle down and get used to the track.
Overnight someone decided to VHT the track and when we got to got out for practice where completely out on setup and had to start over.
Got the car in the sweet spot after a hard time looking for on power steering.
Finally settled on 40 shore Kfactory tyres all round and running the spool setup.
Saturday in the qualifiers track had changed again as it was windy during the night the sand and dust was covering the track.
My first heat was bad as i battle with a very twichy oversteering car, my 2nd heat had a steering servo problem causing glitching.
3rd heat had car much better but had the servo horn strip, i fitted the wrong spline on the new KO servo.
4th heat got a solid run going and had the car dialled only to have the outdrive on the spool break.
4th run would have placed me in the top B mains but i had to settle for 1st in Cmains.

On Sunday for the finals the car felt good in the warm up only to strip another servo horn.
stripped and reassembled my radio tray for the final run and managed to stay ahead of everyone on the first lap to have my steering pull to the right so i stopped on lap 2 to adjust my sub trim and try and salvage the race.
I fell back to 7th but once up and going thecar was so good and smooth i could pick up pace and managed to to take the lead after the 1st pit stop.
2nd place was really challenging but after a few minutes just couldnt keep pace with me.
I lead the 30 min race from there to win by 2 laps on the field.

Cant fault my G4S in the finals besides the steering worry but it was just so good to drive.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:55 AM
Tech Addict

Default almost 100% on front spool?

hi,
just curious...

is it true that almost 100% of us here run the front spool?

anyone actually prefer the front diff or 1 way?

any particular reasons?
Old 09-01-2008, 08:46 AM
ALG
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by keavze
hi,
just curious...

is it true that almost 100% of us here run the front spool?

anyone actually prefer the front diff or 1 way?

any particular reasons?
I mainly use spool, for my track, The car is faster out of the turns and also brakes better. With front spool, you must drive more aggresive. Spool is also light that diff.

You must have a spool setting and a diff setting. a good diff seting is using 100,000 diff oil in front, almost a spool...The only problem with spool is that I (better my G4SRS+)eat side belts like crazy.
has any one use the new belts? ZF belts?

Have fun
ALG
Old 09-01-2008, 09:08 AM
Tech Adept

I run a front diff with 50000 weight oil. the rear has 10000. At our track most guys will run a front diff. I have run a solid axle but prefer the diff as my driving was smoother. If our layout was a bit different, then a spool would probably be preferred.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:22 AM
ALG
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gansei

Bander, what car was the black one? if was fast, very fast!!! he pass both of you and pull away!!

nice vid

Have fun
ALG
Old 09-01-2008, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

I ran a diff for a while with 30k oil and then went 50k but after using the setup from Darren johnson its the spool that is preferred.
Like the feel of it out of the corners.
I run 3k in the rear diff and that works for me.
a oneway would nice on a flowing track with no sharp turns but with my driving style i like to brake late so its not for me.

Last edited by razzor; 09-02-2008 at 04:00 AM.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

I normally run the spool. You can be more aggressive with it and you can get it to work for most track conditions too.

It will make you a better driver in lap times. Although beware. They can be hard work on the controls...... ie: In those long finals 45mins to 1Hr. They can get wareing on you.
I would try the spool for a while....... a good while infact. Then when you've improved. Go for a diff. Go for 100,000WT at first then maybe go for 50,000WT to try it out. The 100K will act similarly to the spool so but will have a little more turn in.
Keep your droop at a minimum.....depending on how bumpy the track is.

In the end, the diff' will make you a smoother driver, will ultimatley be faster (with an appropriate set up you like) and be so much easier to drive and be less wareing in those long finals. (This last point does become more important when bump-ups are in your race format !!!)

I do keep going back to the spool because I've become an aggressive driver on these high traction U.S tracks I drive on. But still, I think I would be quicker if I now went to a diff' and drove smoother as I always used to.!!!

Good luck
Regards,

British Menace

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.