Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 07:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default G4RS Real Bulk Bracket

My G4RS go well in winter weather..

But rear grip is too high in springtime

i put 5mm shim in rear upper knuckle arm in Last KORG Race.

also setup rear stebil 90 degree, max stand high rear shock.

But.. rear grip is too high..

i quess G4RS Real Bulk Bracket is plastic and it cause much roll.

so i will try Aluminum G4S Real Bulk Bracket!
Old 03-11-2008, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gansei

Hey Gansei next time you have a big race give me a call I will come pit crew for you!so if you lay your shocks down to the next hole do you think it will reduce high grip?I wish I had to much rear grip??let me know how you go.
cheers
Old 03-11-2008, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

I added lipos rx batteries to my g4rs and g4s yesterday the premium power batteries I got from rcmushroom 1300mah fit perfect and the regulator is small enough to fit on top of the rx in its space, just use some double sided foam tape on the top and bottom of the battery and the radio plate puts enough pressure down to tightly secure the battery there, there is no balance plug on these batteries so will see how long they last. and they are well priced too.
cheers
Old 03-11-2008, 07:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by aussies1129
I added lipos rx batteries to my g4rs and g4s yesterday the premium power batteries I got from rcmushroom 1300mah fit perfect and the regulator is small enough to fit on top of the rx in its space, just use some double sided foam tape on the top and bottom of the battery and the radio plate puts enough pressure down to tightly secure the battery there, there is no balance plug on these batteries so will see how long they last. and they are well priced too.
cheers
rear shock is soft when rear shock lay down.

so i tried rear shock stand high for rear shock hard setting (for rear quick turn)

regulator had 2 types:

1. linear method(LRP regulator)
-> it is bad in runtime. regulator consume 1.4V for 6.0 Down volt.
(it is good for FM transmitter)

2. switching method(much-more regulator)

-> there are no loss in runtime.
But switching method can cause glitch to FM transmitter
Spektrum did not get glitch from switching method regulator
(it is good for Spektrum transmitter)

i didn't know about this issue in last year.

i have too much glitch problem cause much-more regulator in Last Korea National Race
Old 03-11-2008, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

rear shock is soft when rear shock lay down.

so i tried rear shock stand high for rear shock hard setting (for rear quick turn)

regulator had 2 types:

1. linear method(LRP regulator)
-> it is bad in runtime. regulator consume 1.4V for 6.0 Down volt.
(it is good for FM transmitter)

2. switching method(much-more regulator)

-> there are no loss in runtime.
But switching method can cause glitch to FM transmitter
Spektrum did not get glitch from switching method regulator
(it is good for Spektrum transmitter)

i didn't know about this issue in last year.

i have too much glitch problem cause much-more regulator in Last Korea National Race
ok I did not know this about regulator,I am using 2.4 so i will check so you must be using switching method?are you using FM is 2.4 illegal in korea?
cheers
Old 03-12-2008, 02:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

What diff oil are you using in the rear Gansei?

What front roll center position are you using?

What rear springs? Tyres?

These 4 things make a huge difference to the car....I'm interested to know what you are doing!

Re. the lipo regulator - I haven't tried it yet, but generally a diode in line with the positive lead will drop the voltage by 0.6v. might be worth a try rather than using the regulator??

Aussies1129 - you should be able to get a lot of rear grip from your car... shoot me your setup for a look !

Luis Sola
Old 03-12-2008, 05:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sp Racer

These 4 things make a huge difference to the car....I'm interested to know what you are doing!

Re. the lipo regulator - I haven't tried it yet, but generally a diode in line with the positive lead will drop the voltage by 0.6v. might be worth a try rather than using the regulator??

Aussies1129 - you should be able to get a lot of rear grip from your car... shoot me your setup for a look !

Luis Sola
Hi Luis,
rear grip wasnt to bad but I am fairly sure I had my clutch setup to aggressive with very early engagement,
red spring ,flush 0mm thread showing on the spring nut with .6 clutch gap and all weights in shoes, as I was coming out of corners it would hit the power hard and step out the rear,rear shocks 1.4 and second from bottom,front 1.5 spring and I think 2nd from bottom on the tower car is in shed at the moment and its pissing down with rain cant check, I ran my g4s and I had the orange spring with one weight on each shoe, about 1mm thread showing and the same shock position as above and the rear was more stable on exit, I am going to change out the spring on the rs to a stiffer one probably black and drop one weight in each shoe,go up one hole on the rear and stiffen up the front by going up one spring and reduce my steering and see what happens. there was definately a shit load of steering compared to the s model.any suggestions.
cheers
Old 03-12-2008, 05:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hi Luis,
rear grip wasnt to bad but I am fairly sure I had my clutch setup to aggressive with very early engagement,
red spring ,flush 0mm thread showing on the spring nut with .6 clutch gap and all weights in shoes, as I was coming out of corners it would hit the power hard and step out the rear,rear shocks 1.4 and second from bottom,front 1.5 spring and I think 2nd from bottom on the tower car is in shed at the moment and its pissing down with rain cant check, I ran my g4s and I had the orange spring with one weight on each shoe, about 1mm thread showing and the same shock position as above and the rear was more stable on exit, I am going to change out the spring on the rs to a stiffer one probably black and drop one weight in each shoe,go up one hole on the rear and stiffen up the front by going up one spring and reduce my steering and see what happens. there was definately a shit load of steering compared to the s model.any suggestions.
cheers
sort he clutch up as the setup sheet says. get your self some 40's tires for the front. and dont forget the steering rate ont he radio. all this will help that setup. stick with it, it is fine the way it is. you will be surprised with the tire clutch and steering rate changes. but do try the full setup on the sheet, not just partly. it all comes together
Old 03-12-2008, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
sort he clutch up as the setup sheet says. get your self some 40's tires for the front. and dont forget the steering rate ont he radio. all this will help that setup. stick with it, it is fine the way it is. you will be surprised with the tire clutch and steering rate changes. but do try the full setup on the sheet, not just partly. it all comes together
Hey Paul,
dont get me wrong the car was running well actually the fastest on the track(competition was a little weak thou?)I felt the car could of gone at least 1.5 seconds quicker?I needed more corner/exit speed,first practise of the year so no complaints, I was trying out a few things before I go the full setup you sent me but I am fairly sure as you suggested in the end its heading that way with setup I definately found out with the clutch setup on the s model, I have already changed the rs to the setup you gave me except the 40 fronts I think I dont have any only 37s will check,hopefully weather permit and will get some results this sunday.
cheers
Old 03-12-2008, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Paul,
dont get me wrong the car was running well actually the fastest on the track(competition was a little weak thou?)I felt the car could of gone at least 1.5 seconds quicker?I needed more corner/exit speed,first practise of the year so no complaints, I was trying out a few things before I go the full setup you sent me but I am fairly sure as you suggested in the end its heading that way with setup I definately found out with the clutch setup on the s model, I have already changed the rs to the setup you gave me except the 40 fronts I think I dont have any only 37s will check,hopefully weather permit and will get some results this sunday.
cheers
the 40 fronts are suggested if you still find that the car has too much steering. stick wiht your 37's for now. but if you can get just one pair of 40's from the track to try, then do try them. this will settle down the initial bite at the front. i ended up with about 65% steering rate. it was a small tight technical track, still had a heap of steering, off power and on, but very settled rear end.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sp Racer

Luis Sola
front normal(default) roll center, rear 40000 diff oil, rear 1.7 TM spring.

the spektrum is illegal in korea..
Old 03-12-2008, 12:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi:

We've received some emails asking why we don't post on the G4XX threads. The answer is that it looks like you guys are all doing great. One thing that I've noticed is a few concerns about clutches. Instead of changing springs you might try changing the shoe. A K14133-4 or K14133-6 softens up the slam when the engine spools up coming out of a turn. If you have a situation where the clutch comes in at the right point but doesn't actually lock up, you can try a softer shoe like the K14133-5.

Wolf
Old 03-12-2008, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

front normal(default) roll center, rear 40000 diff oil, rear 1.7 TM spring.

the spektrum is illegal in korea..
if you have too much rear grip Gansei ? , do try the lower setting for the roll center on the front speedshot. you may have to turn your radio steering rate down though
Old 03-12-2008, 08:54 PM
X4
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey guys,

Are the G4s parts interchangle with the G4+ kit? I already have a G4+ and looking to buy a G4s kit for parts.

Thanks for your help!
Old 03-12-2008, 10:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by X4
Hey guys,

Are the G4s parts interchangle with the G4+ kit? I already have a G4+ and looking to buy a G4s kit for parts.

Thanks for your help!
Hi you would be better getting a G4RS kit for parts/back up car as I am aware that would have more interchangable parts to suit the G4+ eg wing arms,towers etc etc
cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.