Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 12:31 AM
Tech Elite

Sp Racer that is true in some cases and dependant on clutch setup but i also found that the stiff spring made the clutch engage at a much higher rpm so also kicked in hard unlike the soft spring wich kicked in at a lower rpm which tamed it down quite a bit and made the motor rev up slower under load.

Its trial and error getting what works for you also is dependant on traction available.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razzor
Sp Racer that is true in some cases and dependant on clutch setup but i also found that the stiff spring made the clutch engage at a much higher rpm so also kicked in hard unlike the soft spring wich kicked in at a lower rpm which tamed it down quite a bit and made the motor rev up slower under load.

Its trial and error getting what works for you also is dependant on traction available.
bunbury is a track where grip can be low, specially early on. i used black spring, no weights in the shoes, and a 0.4 clutch gap, spring preload was minimal, enough to not worry the shims for the inner bearing. about 0.4 prealod (just started to see a thread showing) this clutch wasnt snappy at all, was very controlable (slippage) and wasnt too high engagment. its actually the best setup i have tried so far.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:22 PM
Tech Addict

Default gearing issues?

hi all non-ED G4S users,

right now my gearing is 18/52 and 24/46, the 'problem' is that on the straights, my car only seems to accelerate faster when it shifts into 2nd gear...and i've adjusted the 2speed to kick-in about 1/4 of the straights (as early as i could cos if any later, my car is not going faster, only like maintaining speed)...

is my 1st speed peaking out too early? but 18/52 is good when going corners and bends, can see it bursting forward )

or could it be my engine tunning?

i'm using the yellow spring with about 0.8mm preload, 0.7mm gap...std weights and shoe.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razzor
I will be running my G4S for the first time in a long while this coming weekend.
looking forward to it.
I have never stripped a spur and only time was from a accident, if you take care of the 2 speed clutch clearance and bearings then you shouldnt have any hassles.
I am one of the only guys in teh club that does minimal fiddling and repairs to my car, other guys always have issues with there Serpents, Mugens.

Forgot to mention Serpent yellow clutch shoe works great if you ream out teh holes a bit.
Clutch feels super and consistent with it and lasts longer.
the only time I stripped a 2nd spur also was when i was not using a duro housing and the bloody housing nut came undone
now with duro all is good.I wish they made all the upgrades standard!!
cheers
Old 03-07-2008, 10:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by keavze
hi all non-ED G4S users,

right now my gearing is 18/52 and 24/46, the 'problem' is that on the straights, my car only seems to accelerate faster when it shifts into 2nd gear...and i've adjusted the 2speed to kick-in about 1/4 of the straights (as early as i could cos if any later, my car is not going faster, only like maintaining speed)...

is my 1st speed peaking out too early? but 18/52 is good when going corners and bends, can see it bursting forward )

i'm using the yellow spring with about 0.8mm preload, 0.7mm gap...std weights and shoe.
you are using the shortest gearing possible on 1st. and then you go to a tall 2nd gear. what might be happening is that the engine is loading up due to the big gearing difference between the 2 gears. this can cause engine tune problems due to loading the engine up. try dropping a pinion on 2nd (23t) or 47t spur. also sounds like your 2 speed is set too late to shift. try even earlier engagment. if its peaking in 1st , it feels like a lag between gear change. try to use tire size also to help gearing. if you need the top speed due to a long straight, then use bigger tires, but this may take some acceleration away. just a thaught, have you changed any internal pullies on the trans ? cheers.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:23 PM
Tech Addict

hi pattojnr,
my trans pulleys are all stock, no changes.

what's a good gear ratio to use for 2nd if u got a 50-70m straights?
non-ed, std gears.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:39 PM
Tech Elite

Keavze for first gear while gearing is important your clutch setup can also effect it for the better or worse.
My 2nd G4S runs stock gearing but with a 20t brake pulley.
This change actually made my Mega DSII motor liven up on the bottom end.

Is suggest playing around with clutch setup and also try a bigger 1st gear pinion or smaller spur.
Going shorter does not necessarily mean better it about finding what works well with teh engine, pipe combo you have.

What motor are you running ? pipe? gearing ? clutch setup ? tyres size, etc..
Old 03-08-2008, 12:29 AM
Tech Elite

hi pattojnr,
my trans pulleys are all stock, no changes.

what's a good gear ratio to use for 2nd if u got a 50-70m straights?
non-ed, std gears.
i used the 18/52 and 23/47 about a 60m straight. but this is so dependant on motor and pipe combo and tires .
Old 03-08-2008, 05:02 AM
Tech Elite

hi all non-ED G4S users,

Hi,

I would bring down your clutch gap slightly. 0.7mm is a little excessive. Try 0.5 to 0.6mm. I'm thinking maybe your clutch is slipping slightly.
Also, do what Patto said and bring 2nd speed gearing down a little. Try 23/46 and get your two speed to change up just a little earlier.

See how that goes on your track and go from there.

British Menace
Old 03-09-2008, 11:18 AM
Tech Adept

Hello G4S Racers, There are 240 stock numbers put on sale in Raceday Hobbies Ebay store, Regular price (no high retail pricing) less 40%!!

Enjoy the sale and hope you all have a great spring of racing!!!
Old 03-09-2008, 09:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default KORG Race Result.

i joined the 2nd KORG (Korea On-road Race Grandpix) in yesterday.

My G4RS was the fasted car in A-main Final.

But My pitman was beginner (about 2~3 seconds loss in re-fuel)

and My G4RS flamed out in pit.

so i finished 2nd positon in A-main.

the winner is serpent SDD driver Nam Sang Jun (he was very fast!! and young!)
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-1.jpg   Team Magic G4-2.jpg  
Old 03-10-2008, 12:48 AM
Tech Elite

Gansei another great showing and result.
Congrats !!!
Old 03-10-2008, 01:54 AM
Tech Elite

Well done Gansei. there are a few guys very happy withthe G4Rs . it is definately much better than the G4S was with ED and speed shot.
again well done.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gansei
i joined the 2nd KORG (Korea On-road Race Grandpix) in yesterday.

My G4RS was the fasted car in A-main Final.

But My pitman was beginner (about 2~3 seconds loss in re-fuel)

and My G4RS flamed out in pit.

so i finished 2nd positon in A-main.

the winner is serpent SDD driver Nam Sang Jun (he was very fast!! and young!)
Well done Gansei, bad luck with the flame-out but that's racing as they say ...
Old 03-10-2008, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

Hey slow
I heard Daz/Darren Johnson wont be running 200mm this year.
Is this true ?!?!?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.