Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I wrote a small reveiw based on what i saw

http://www.box.net/shared/575mxsreoo

read it if you like
Old 02-12-2008, 12:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

guys, what servos would you recommend for this car ?

I have S3050 for steering atm ... and looking at getting S3151 ...

I race off road too and I have Ace 1015 and 1313 in my truggy and they are damn fast ... the 1015 is faster than the S3050 I can tell you that much ...

I can put ACE servos in the G4RS but apparently metal gear servos are a NO NO.

any thoughts ?
Old 02-12-2008, 12:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
I wrote a small reveiw based on what i saw

http://www.box.net/shared/575mxsreoo

read it if you like

Old 02-12-2008, 12:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

FIX THE DAMN TENSIONER, the G4S had the same issue, once you put on the rear belt tensioner you can not adjust the brakes, grrr!!!!
Use longer screws to hold it to the chassis, then you can just loosen it out of the way to get access to the brakes instead of having to take it out alltogether M3 x 10

Please tell me more...where did you read this and why?

where is there a phillips head screw other than the body mounts and throttle/brake linkages?
Old 02-12-2008, 01:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

i dont know what you guys are expecting here with this new kit.
it is an updated version of the G4S. many parts are different to it, but it is still the same car as a G4+, which is an hopped up version of a G4S.
each car has its problems, but they dont dissapear by just changing a few parts. i did try to give you options Rcrevolution... but others decided for you that a new kit was better for you. funny that a few hadnt even touched the new parts or kit or tried them out. i do hope you enjoy the new RS though, and rather everyone bag the car, just politely ask some questions, im sure SP racer and myself and Gansei can help with any problems that might arise.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Which G4 is for you?

Old 02-12-2008, 01:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Omarko
guys, what servos would you recommend for this car ?

I have S3050 for steering atm ... and looking at getting S3151 ...

I race off road too and I have Ace 1015 and 1313 in my truggy and they are damn fast ... the 1015 is faster than the S3050 I can tell you that much ...

any thoughts ?
i wouldnt use anything but metal geared servos on any tourer. i dont know who told you this ?
Old 02-12-2008, 04:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
i wouldnt use anything but metal geared servos on any tourer. i dont know who told you this ?
I was also told that metal gear throttle servos only can cause problems with the rx (interference etc?) being so close?so can we confirm that this is bullsh%t?
also the g4rs really isnt that bad is there something that I am missing or did rcrevolution really want to buy a xray or mugen and just F%$ked up??
anyway I am happy with the car and appreciate everyones support
thanks!!
Old 02-12-2008, 04:11 AM
Tech Elite

i could understand if some guys are using 27 or 40 meg crystal recievers, but that is why most have gone 2.4ghz. this frequency is so hard to replicate by servo noise, gear mesh. i agree it can cause interference with 27 or 40 meg but not 2.4ghz. i run a modified radio layout on my G4, my reciever sits on my metal geared servo, i have no problems at all.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:22 AM
Tech Elite

i could understand if some guys are using 27 or 40 meg crystal recievers, but that is why most have gone 2.4ghz. this frequency is so hard to replicate by servo noise, gear mesh. i agree it can cause interference with 27 or 40 meg but not 2.4ghz. i run a modified radio layout on my G4, my reciever sits on my metal geared servo, i have no problems at all.
must be the case the guy at our LHS told me no metal on throttle servo? I ever since I just ran digital nylon. thanks for the info, also are you still with raceday even thou they dont do TM?
cheers!
Old 02-12-2008, 04:35 AM
Tech Elite

my association with Sam is still there yes. while i do have to sort out where i do get my car parts from, everything else still from racedays while others may have a different view, my respect for Sam is still as high as the day we met.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:39 AM
Tech Elite

my association with Sam is still there yes. while i do have to sort out where i do get my car parts from, everything else still from racedays while others may have a different view, my respect for Sam is still as high as the day we met.
no worries! did you end up testing the car with the upgraded rs parts yet?
if so how did it go?what tyres are you running on the g4?I was using grp but am thinking about speedmind as rcmush have them for $7 way more affordable?
cheers
Old 02-12-2008, 04:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by aussies1129
no worries! did you end up testing the car with the upgraded rs parts yet?
if so how did it go?what tyres are you running on the g4?I was using grp but am thinking about speedmind as rcmush have them for $7 way more affordable?
cheers
i did run the RS/+ but i had battery and reg problems. i couldnt finish a heat. closest i got was 4 corners to go. came second with a small runaway. anyway last lap of 28 seconds hurt me as my best lap of 17.6 was i think one of the fastest of the day. i missed out on tq by only 3 or 4 seconds. the new chassis and rear end are definately better than the G4+, more grip all round. i run Kfactory or Jaco tires, 42 fronts and 40 rears. could still dial the car in more, but first outing was very pleasing. i run my car with the old G4 front arms, and steering hubs. they are much stronger, i need it at bunbury, its hell on the cars. Melbourne i ran all the flying wing arms, never broke a thing, but wont last 5 mins at bunbury. the arms arent that much lighter than the stock G4S arms, but the design of the std arms are much better, a solid arm has no points to flex, therefore the whole arm is stressed, it finds the weakest point and breaks. the std rear lower arm wont fit the RS, but most impacts are at the front, so its not so bad at the back of the car. i will be testing out the endurance of the car inthe next 2 weeks. will be having an enduro race, expect to be doing around 120 laps or more at bunbury. interesting meet, first combined team (pro ,sport and 3 electrics) to complete 1000 laps wins definately a test for the cars and drivers
Old 02-12-2008, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Im just saying the G4RS at first glance doesn't look that beefy compared to the G4S, like some parts actually look weaker.

and by the looks of that chart the g4+ looks better than the g4rs
Old 02-12-2008, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aussies1129
I was also told that metal gear throttle servos only can cause problems with the rx (interference etc?) being so close?so can we confirm that this is bullsh%t?
also the g4rs really isnt that bad is there something that I am missing or did rcrevolution really want to buy a xray or mugen and just F%$ked up??
anyway I am happy with the car and appreciate everyones support
thanks!!
Being so close ?!?! LOL! ...have a look at how the radio gear mounts up on a RRR, the receiver is almost on top of both servos

The G4+ is the hamburger with the lot - every optional extra - it's probably aimed at those who think that they'll go faster by having all the optional "hop up" bits.

The G4RS has all the parts you'll need to be able to go fast - except for maybe a front spool, personal preference

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.