Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

There is a G4+ for sale at RC TRACK, MD.
Not sure what number they have. Brand new. Sale fell through so it's up for grabs again !!!

Call Mimi at RC TRACK on
1-301-417-9630

British Menace
Old 09-21-2007, 05:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default grip problems

Hi Guys does anyone have any suggestions on how to get better grip on my
g4s, I am running grps 37 front and rear air temp around 30degrees, should I drop to 35shore? front purple springs/rear silver springs, chassis height 7.5 rear and 7 front, any suggestions on rear camber and toe in/and front?? also shock oil? should I soften up the rear with softer springs.any suggestions would help. also I just installed the ed transmission which made a shit load of difference I am very inpressed! that is probably why I am having grip problems now due to higher speed?
thanks heaps!
Old 09-21-2007, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by aussies1129
g4s, I am running grps 37 front and rear air temp around 30degrees, should I drop to 35shore? front purple springs/rear silver springs, chassis height 7.5 rear and 7 front, any suggestions on rear camber and toe in/and front?? also shock oil? should I soften up the rear with softer springs.any suggestions would help. also I just installed the ed transmission which made a shit load of difference I am very inpressed! that is probably why I am having grip problems now due to higher speed?
thanks heaps!
Hi
What type of track are running on?
If your on a parking lot or a low grip track you may want to soften up the car springs a little.
If it's low grip track, try this.
REAR:
Ride Hight: 5.5mm
Toe: -3
Camber: -3
Tire: 37/38 Shore
Rear Roll bar:45 Degrees
Springs: 1.4
Oil: 5-600 CPS
Droop: 4mm
Diff Grease: 3-5,000 WT
Front
Ride Hight:5mm
Toe: +0.5
Camber: -2
Tire: 32/35 Shore
Roll bar: flat
Springs: 1.5
Oil: 5-600 CPS
Droop:2
Diff: Run the spool or 12000WT oil in gear diff.

Tires run at 59mm Diameter front, 61mm rear.
Remember to keep this 2mm spread between the front and rear tires. You need this when running the ED trans.
Also don't set your clutch too aggressive on a low grip track.
Try:
0.5mm Clutch Gap
0.5mm thread showing (tension) on clutch spring.
Orange clutch spring.
VERY little end play when assembled.(But must feel some!!)
Black clutch shoes and one weight in each shoe.

I hope this helps get you some grip.

British Menace
Old 09-21-2007, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

thanks heaps!
what Menace has suggested looks ok , but i have never run harder rear tires than the front when chasing rear grip.may be a typo there Menace ?
if its bumpy you may want to keep a higher ride hieght with the softer springs. but do remember, your new found rear grip may bring out another problem if you find too much at once. lack of steering. always a comprimise of front to rear grip levels. the balance needed is very different for each track or carpark you race. Good Luck Michael.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

thanks guys the track is that black bitumen fairly smooth with low grip very tight, virtually an electric track almost?, I am racing tommorrow so will take on your suggestions and get back to you tomorrow night to tell you how it went.
many thanks!
Mick
Old 09-22-2007, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

update cairns intercity challenge, cairns vs townsville, the first three heats I couldnt find grip as the track is a very low grip track, track temp was getting fairly hot as out side was around 32C and track temp was alot hotter, I ran 37f/37r and was sliding the rear all over the show so I went 35 rears and found abit more grip, could only get 3rd in all three heats and in the arvo track temp went down so back to 37 grps in the rear and no probs with grip now, was 2nd until a bit of a stuff up on refueling but managed to scrap home a 3rd, overall the car ran well nothing broken except a chunked tyre in the 2nd heat thanks to another driver??I was down on power as I am still running the rtr SH engine. race winner was a kyosho v1rr but overall a good learning experience and a fun day! thanks for your help guys!
cheers
Old 09-22-2007, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

update cairns intercity challenge, cairns vs townsville, the first three heats I couldnt find grip as the track is a very low grip track, track temp was getting fairly hot as out side was around 32C and track temp was alot hotter, I ran 37f/37r and was sliding the rear all over the show so I went 35 rears and found abit more grip, could only get 3rd in all three heats and in the arvo track temp went down so back to 37 grps in the rear and no probs with grip now, was 2nd until a bit of a stuff up on refueling but managed to scrap home a 3rd, overall the car ran well nothing broken except a chunked tyre in the 2nd heat thanks to another driver??I was down on power as I am still running the rtr SH engine. race winner was a kyosho v1rr but overall a good learning experience and a fun day! thanks for your help guys!
cheers
sounds like you had a good day. congratulations on your result. as you gain more experience you can sort out your cars handling better. other things to consider is droop settings and shock positions to fine tune your grip levels. but again glad you had a good day
Old 09-22-2007, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

hey patto I can definately see that this car has lots of potential, I think a better motor is on the cards for me to keep up!
cheers
Old 09-23-2007, 09:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default some problem was fixed

my G4S some problem was fixed.

1) clutch shoe wear out :

my clutch spring was tweaked. so i changed new spring.

and i used clutch spring cap upside down.

after this problem fix.. the shoe wear out rate was little.

2) chassis bent

i removed V-one RRR roll-bar. and changed to G4S normal roll-bar.

V-one RRR roll-bar cause chassis bent.

and i changed Plastic Radio Plate Support to aluminum support.

i cut only aluminum parts in my Broken G4 Left/Right A+C Radio side Plate

after this mod.. my chassis did not bent
Old 09-23-2007, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Default G4s in Heart of America series finale !!

Hi All,

Word just out.

Mark Angotti (Raceday Hobbies Team Driver) did exceptionally well to finish 2nd in the last "Heart-of-America Series" A main race today.

Driving the G4s. Mark was unlucky not to win as he flamed out on his first pit stop. But good controlled driving saw Mark regain much he had lost in the long pitstop to get 2nd.........just a great effort on his part!!

This final result now means that Mark finnished 3rd overaul in the Heart of America series for 2007................Well done Mark Angotti !! Just a great job this year !!
Old 09-23-2007, 02:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Default HOA

Thanks for the post Tony, it was an incredible day and I had a blast not only today but all season. I really want to thank all of my sponsors:
Sam at Raceday Hobbies www.racedayhobbies.com
Eric at Hobby Town USA Kansas City MO
With out their help it wouldn't have been the same journey. I would also like to thank Byron Fuels for not only giving me the power, but for everything they do for all of us racers. They are the best !!!
British Menace who always answers my questions and being positive, I sure miss hang'n with ya !!!
I will post my set up later this week. I loved the car today. It has never felt so drivable and fast. Thanks again to everyone.

Last edited by watwasdat; 09-23-2007 at 04:02 PM.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 103 (98%+)

Good job Mark. I hear your coming to the Mid America Nitro Challenge. I'll be running the 1/8th MRX4R and possibly my MTX4R. Not sure if I'll have time for both. Can't wait to see how you, Tony and Chris have improved with the G4S.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Mid America Challenge

Thanks Larry, it will be good to see you guys again. I will be racing my new Mugen MRX4R 1/8 also. This weekend was my first time on the track with it. Holy Crap, I love it!!! I put it in the "A". Only because the car is amazing. It handles like a dream. It was a great weekend for me all around. Hope my luck holds up for your race. It will be another great event I'm sure of that. Hey, to Todd for me.
PS Tony may have a bit of a scheduling problem, I'll let him get with you on that.
Thanks again Larry, see you soon.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default exahust

Does anyone had any comparision with the VR12 + exahust system and the Novarossi 2601 exahust system...what is the advantage and disadvantage of each one???

Thank You,
Old 09-23-2007, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC-ProSpeed
Does anyone had any comparision with the VR12 + exahust system and the Novarossi 2601 exahust system...what is the advantage and disadvantage of each one???

Thank You,
I have both these pipes and I have tried them both on a couple of motors.

NR 2601 on a NR 12-3 ct had good bottom, great middle and blistering top end
That tended to be the same on a IDM Evo 3 too. Although slightly less power bottom end.
With a WERKS 12 B3 It was incredible top , good midd, no bottom power.

The VR!2+ in comparison.
Was always slightly less power on top end with just as much middle and always a liitle more power low down on the rev range.Infact I would say midd range was better with VR12+ on all motors.

In short the 2601 would be best on very big, sweeping tracks I think.
The VR12+ is better all round but always seams to be slightly less power top end. Although still strong !

Hope this helps

British Menace

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.