R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2008, 09:00 PM   #8971
Tech Master
 
rcrevolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Somewhere Delicious
Posts: 1,281
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution
Default

I wrote a small reveiw based on what i saw

http://www.box.net/shared/575mxsreoo


read it if you like
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:00 AM   #8972
Tech Regular
 
Omarko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ...
Posts: 256
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

guys, what servos would you recommend for this car ?

I have S3050 for steering atm ... and looking at getting S3151 ...

I race off road too and I have Ace 1015 and 1313 in my truggy and they are damn fast ... the 1015 is faster than the S3050 I can tell you that much ...

I can put ACE servos in the G4RS but apparently metal gear servos are a NO NO.

any thoughts ?
Omarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:05 AM   #8973
Tech Regular
 
Omarko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ...
Posts: 256
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrevolution View Post
I wrote a small reveiw based on what i saw

http://www.box.net/shared/575mxsreoo


read it if you like


........
Omarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:50 AM   #8974
Tech Master
 
Sp Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,624
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
FIX THE DAMN TENSIONER, the G4S had the same issue, once you put on the rear belt tensioner you can not adjust the brakes, grrr!!!!
Use longer screws to hold it to the chassis, then you can just loosen it out of the way to get access to the brakes instead of having to take it out alltogether M3 x 10

Quote:
I can put ACE servos in the G4RS but apparently metal gear servos are a NO NO.
Please tell me more...where did you read this and why?



where is there a phillips head screw other than the body mounts and throttle/brake linkages?
__________________
10 yrs on RC tech ! wow....
Sp Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:46 AM   #8975
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

i dont know what you guys are expecting here with this new kit.
it is an updated version of the G4S. many parts are different to it, but it is still the same car as a G4+, which is an hopped up version of a G4S.
each car has its problems, but they dont dissapear by just changing a few parts. i did try to give you options Rcrevolution... but others decided for you that a new kit was better for you. funny that a few hadnt even touched the new parts or kit or tried them out. i do hope you enjoy the new RS though, and rather everyone bag the car, just politely ask some questions, im sure SP racer and myself and Gansei can help with any problems that might arise.
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:49 AM   #8976
Tech Apprentice
 
TM Sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 70
Default

Which G4 is for you?


TM Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:50 AM   #8977
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omarko View Post
guys, what servos would you recommend for this car ?

I have S3050 for steering atm ... and looking at getting S3151 ...

I race off road too and I have Ace 1015 and 1313 in my truggy and they are damn fast ... the 1015 is faster than the S3050 I can tell you that much ...

I can put ACE servos in the G4RS but apparently metal gear servos are a NO NO.

any thoughts ?
i wouldnt use anything but metal geared servos on any tourer. i dont know who told you this ?
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:04 AM   #8978
Tech Elite
 
aussies1129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: LAND DOWN UNDER
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
i wouldnt use anything but metal geared servos on any tourer. i dont know who told you this ?
I was also told that metal gear throttle servos only can cause problems with the rx (interference etc?) being so close?so can we confirm that this is bullsh%t?
also the g4rs really isnt that bad is there something that I am missing or did rcrevolution really want to buy a xray or mugen and just F%$ked up??
anyway I am happy with the car and appreciate everyones support
thanks!!
__________________
Proudly supported by......
Premier Model Supplies Pty Ltd
H.E.I AUSTRALIA
XRAY*****PRO-LINE*****HUDY*****
-----FUTABA-----NOVAROSSI-----
aussies1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:11 AM   #8979
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

i could understand if some guys are using 27 or 40 meg crystal recievers, but that is why most have gone 2.4ghz. this frequency is so hard to replicate by servo noise, gear mesh. i agree it can cause interference with 27 or 40 meg but not 2.4ghz. i run a modified radio layout on my G4, my reciever sits on my metal geared servo, i have no problems at all.
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:22 AM   #8980
Tech Elite
 
aussies1129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: LAND DOWN UNDER
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
i could understand if some guys are using 27 or 40 meg crystal recievers, but that is why most have gone 2.4ghz. this frequency is so hard to replicate by servo noise, gear mesh. i agree it can cause interference with 27 or 40 meg but not 2.4ghz. i run a modified radio layout on my G4, my reciever sits on my metal geared servo, i have no problems at all.
must be the case the guy at our LHS told me no metal on throttle servo? I ever since I just ran digital nylon. thanks for the info, also are you still with raceday even thou they dont do TM?
cheers!
__________________
Proudly supported by......
Premier Model Supplies Pty Ltd
H.E.I AUSTRALIA
XRAY*****PRO-LINE*****HUDY*****
-----FUTABA-----NOVAROSSI-----
aussies1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:35 AM   #8981
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

my association with Sam is still there yes. while i do have to sort out where i do get my car parts from, everything else still from racedays while others may have a different view, my respect for Sam is still as high as the day we met.
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:39 AM   #8982
Tech Elite
 
aussies1129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: LAND DOWN UNDER
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
my association with Sam is still there yes. while i do have to sort out where i do get my car parts from, everything else still from racedays while others may have a different view, my respect for Sam is still as high as the day we met.
no worries! did you end up testing the car with the upgraded rs parts yet?
if so how did it go?what tyres are you running on the g4?I was using grp but am thinking about speedmind as rcmush have them for $7 way more affordable?
cheers
__________________
Proudly supported by......
Premier Model Supplies Pty Ltd
H.E.I AUSTRALIA
XRAY*****PRO-LINE*****HUDY*****
-----FUTABA-----NOVAROSSI-----
aussies1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:51 AM   #8983
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussies1129 View Post
no worries! did you end up testing the car with the upgraded rs parts yet?
if so how did it go?what tyres are you running on the g4?I was using grp but am thinking about speedmind as rcmush have them for $7 way more affordable?
cheers
i did run the RS/+ but i had battery and reg problems. i couldnt finish a heat. closest i got was 4 corners to go. came second with a small runaway. anyway last lap of 28 seconds hurt me as my best lap of 17.6 was i think one of the fastest of the day. i missed out on tq by only 3 or 4 seconds. the new chassis and rear end are definately better than the G4+, more grip all round. i run Kfactory or Jaco tires, 42 fronts and 40 rears. could still dial the car in more, but first outing was very pleasing. i run my car with the old G4 front arms, and steering hubs. they are much stronger, i need it at bunbury, its hell on the cars. Melbourne i ran all the flying wing arms, never broke a thing, but wont last 5 mins at bunbury. the arms arent that much lighter than the stock G4S arms, but the design of the std arms are much better, a solid arm has no points to flex, therefore the whole arm is stressed, it finds the weakest point and breaks. the std rear lower arm wont fit the RS, but most impacts are at the front, so its not so bad at the back of the car. i will be testing out the endurance of the car inthe next 2 weeks. will be having an enduro race, expect to be doing around 120 laps or more at bunbury. interesting meet, first combined team (pro ,sport and 3 electrics) to complete 1000 laps wins definately a test for the cars and drivers
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:16 PM   #8984
Tech Master
 
rcrevolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Somewhere Delicious
Posts: 1,281
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution
Default

Im just saying the G4RS at first glance doesn't look that beefy compared to the G4S, like some parts actually look weaker.


and by the looks of that chart the g4+ looks better than the g4rs
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:42 PM   #8985
Tech Master
 
Sp Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,624
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussies1129 View Post
I was also told that metal gear throttle servos only can cause problems with the rx (interference etc?) being so close?so can we confirm that this is bullsh%t?
also the g4rs really isnt that bad is there something that I am missing or did rcrevolution really want to buy a xray or mugen and just F%$ked up??
anyway I am happy with the car and appreciate everyones support
thanks!!
Being so close ?!?! LOL! ...have a look at how the radio gear mounts up on a RRR, the receiver is almost on top of both servos

The G4+ is the hamburger with the lot - every optional extra - it's probably aimed at those who think that they'll go faster by having all the optional "hop up" bits.

The G4RS has all the parts you'll need to be able to go fast - except for maybe a front spool, personal preference
__________________
10 yrs on RC tech ! wow....
Sp Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Team Magic G4 - LRP Z12R Team Spec 2 - Add RX/TX LogiK Australia For Sale/Trade 1 08-03-2007 02:00 AM
Team Magic G4s MaDaGAS CAR Australia For Sale/Trade 29 05-07-2007 03:30 AM
Brian Berry Joins Team Phenix/Team Magic Motorman Nitro On-Road 27 03-07-2006 05:51 AM
team magic g4 + elephant R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 04-26-2004 07:34 AM
Team Magic G4 "Black Magic" tennessee Nitro On-Road 32 04-20-2003 11:40 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:09 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net