Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 03:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up New shock mounts

Developed my Microtech racing in the UK to allow a wider adjustment of shock angle, the hole radius is also formed to maintain the same ride height for each hole. You do have to mount the rear body post on the opposite side, but this then allows all your MTX2 shell to fit.
Available world wide from www.microtechracing.com
Please mention where you saw them!!

FRONT

REAR (notice the cut rear hubs, camber link angle, this will be a rubber tyred car)

Last edited by Cartman; 01-02-2003 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-02-2003, 03:31 PM
Tech Champion

i had a Trinity Nitro car a while back...and the 1 thing i hated on that car was the receiver box!... it's too tight and restrictive, the way in which it attached the the reflex was poor too, it was simply a pain!.

The standard mtx3 setup is way better in my opinion.
Old 01-02-2003, 03:34 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: New shock mounts

Originally posted by Cartman
Developed my Microtech racing in the UK to allow a wider adjustment of shock angle, the shock radius is also formed to maintain the same ride height for each hole. you do have to mount the rear body post on the opposite side, but this then allows all your MTX2 shell to fit.
Available world wide from www.microtechracing.com
Please mention where you saw them!!

how r u going to race the pictured car...it's way too clean! it would be a pity to get it dirty! lol
Old 01-02-2003, 03:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by black-knight
i had a Trinity Nitro car a while back...and the 1 thing i hated on that car was the receiver box!... it's too tight and restrictive, the way in which it attached the the reflex was poor too, it was simply a pain!.

The standard mtx3 setup is way better in my opinion.
In the uk we get WET weather so Mugens cover is not good enough
the car is clean as its never been run its or wet winter here (even in summer we get rain!!!
Old 01-02-2003, 03:57 PM
Tech Adept

Default Trinity receiver box

Hi Mark,

Where's the best place to get a Trinity receiver box in the UK?

No suppliers in Ireland stock them or will get me one!!!

Many Thanks
Old 01-02-2003, 04:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi
I got mine from local shop who ordered it in but try www.microtechracing.com he will get one.
helgar import them, but i think CML do the kfactory one which is the same.
either way Kev a microtech will sort you out
Old 01-02-2003, 05:05 PM
Tech Addict

Default RE: New Shock Mounts

That rear mount looks trick, but the front mount looks like it's just begging to get broken off in a crash.
Old 01-02-2003, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by hurhur
hmmm...i cant find this part number on kfactory's website. Any idea where i can see it in the internet?
so hur hur.. u got your MTX 3 yet??
managed to get it running yet??
how is it handling?
Old 01-02-2003, 05:33 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: RE: New Shock Mounts

Originally posted by tekrsq
That rear mount looks trick, but the front mount looks like it's just begging to get broken off in a crash.
the tall shock mounts are useful if you run rubber tires.
Old 01-02-2003, 05:43 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: RE: New Shock Mounts

Originally posted by Manticore
the tall shock mounts are useful if you run rubber tires.
Why?? What difference would the height of the tower make?? Or is it just because of the extra adjustability??
Old 01-02-2003, 10:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: RE: New Shock Mounts

Originally posted by tekrsq
Why?? What difference would the height of the tower make?? Or is it just because of the extra adjustability??
I think it allows for a more linear suspension setup. The MTX3 has aggresive progressive suspension (who said I can't rap )

Why don't we guys post all the problems associated with building/running the car and we'll stick them up on one of my sites? Do the oldies remember this with the MTX-2 thread on the hpiracing site?
Old 01-02-2003, 10:51 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: RE: New Shock Mounts

Originally posted by Novarossi
I think it allows for a more linear suspension setup. The MTX3 has aggresive progressive suspension (who said I can't rap )

Why don't we guys post all the problems associated with building/running the car and we'll stick them up on one of my sites? Do the oldies remember this with the MTX-2 thread on the hpiracing site?
NR, here you go

first hint

brake pad

exame if the backing metal plate is perfect flat. otherwise you need to twist the plate to ensure the plate is close to perfect flat. use rubber glue to stick the pad and plate together and use rubber hammer to hit the combo to ensure the pad sits properly on the plate.

second hint

slope on rear arm

The kit comes with two alloy shims to remove slope there but they are just about too thick. Use electric motor telfon shim to do the job. one piece on each side will do the job.
Old 01-02-2003, 11:32 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: RE: New Shock Mounts

NR, here you go

first hint

brake pad

exame if the backing metal plate is perfect flat. otherwise you need to twist the plate to ensure the plate is close to perfect flat. use rubber glue to stick the pad and plate together and use rubber hammer to hit the combo to ensure the pad sits properly on the plate.

second hint

slope on rear arm

The kit comes with two alloy shims to remove slope there but they are just about too thick. Use electric motor telfon shim to do the job. one piece on each side will do the job.
Kool,

Manti, I didn't see any extra alloy shims come with the kit for this?. Are you talking about the shims that are included so you can increase/decrease upper arm camber on rear hubs? If I recall, there is one thin and one thick one and standard setup requires to use both of them
Old 01-02-2003, 11:33 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: RE: New Shock Mounts

Originally posted by Novarossi
Kool,

Manti, I didn't see any extra alloy shims come with the kit for this?. Are you talking about the shims that are included so you can increase/decrease upper arm camber on rear hubs? If I recall, there is one thin and one thick one and standard setup requires to use both of them
I think so
Old 01-02-2003, 11:50 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: RE: New Shock Mounts

I think so
Kool, u had me worried.

I only had 11 screws left over.. but no shims

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.