Mugen MTX-3

Reply

Old 01-01-2003, 07:50 PM
  #1486  
Tech Addict
 
doctorj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Singapore, East.
Posts: 607
Default

Cartman,

How did you secure the receiver box to the radio tray?

Rgds
doctorj is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 01:58 AM
  #1487  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (49)
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,102
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by dtm
hmm...you are a secret Tamiya admirer!!??

BTW. nice shells!
Wait until u see the next paint scheme.

Its a copy of another world champs car (Kenji hint hint)
Michael_T is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 02:36 AM
  #1488  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 87
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Question on Brake Post

Hello Everyone,

Haven't been posting in a while but I have always been around. I recently got my own MTX3, and it seems that I am the only one with this problem....

Has anyone ever had problems installing the 2 bearings on the brake post?

I am stuck in step 22 of the manual as I can't seem to make the bearings fit properly on the post. I have sandpapered the post til my fingers hurt, but the 6x10 bearings I am assuming that is meant for this post still doesn't fit. Since I was quite sure I had the right bearing for the posts I forced them down on the post and managed to fit one on the bottom. The top bearing has proven impossible to fit without ruining the bearings. I ran a caliper on both post and the bearings and it does seem that the bearings are not really a proper fit. There are no other bearings in the kit that fit the plastic molds like the bearing I ruined.

Sheesh...I feel like a novice again altogether...4 years in the hobby and I'm stumped on this one...

Help please...I'm about to go nuts on this...

Thanks in advance...
Hammer0412 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 03:17 AM
  #1489  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default Re: Question on Brake Post

Originally posted by Hammer0412
Hello Everyone,

Haven't been posting in a while but I have always been around. I recently got my own MTX3, and it seems that I am the only one with this problem....

Has anyone ever had problems installing the 2 bearings on the brake post?

I am stuck in step 22 of the manual as I can't seem to make the bearings fit properly on the post. I have sandpapered the post til my fingers hurt, but the 6x10 bearings I am assuming that is meant for this post still doesn't fit. Since I was quite sure I had the right bearing for the posts I forced them down on the post and managed to fit one on the bottom. The top bearing has proven impossible to fit without ruining the bearings. I ran a caliper on both post and the bearings and it does seem that the bearings are not really a proper fit. There are no other bearings in the kit that fit the plastic molds like the bearing I ruined.

Sheesh...I feel like a novice again altogether...4 years in the hobby and I'm stumped on this one...

Help please...I'm about to go nuts on this...

Thanks in advance...
I dont have this problem !
Manticore is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 03:42 AM
  #1490  
Tech Master
iTrader: (14)
 
sparksy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisvagas
Posts: 1,977
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

sounds strange..... my bearings were a loose fit...
sparksy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 03:45 AM
  #1491  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (26)
 
chookgb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: newcastle
Posts: 958
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Cool

Originally posted by Hammer0412
Hello Everyone,

Haven't been posting in a while but I have always been around. I recently got my own MTX3, and it seems that I am the only one with this problem....

Has anyone ever had problems installing the 2 bearings on the brake post?

I am stuck in step 22 of the manual as I can't seem to make the bearings fit properly on the post. I have sandpapered the post til my fingers hurt, but the 6x10 bearings I am assuming that is meant for this post still doesn't fit. Since I was quite sure I had the right bearing for the posts I forced them down on the post and managed to fit one on the bottom. The top bearing has proven impossible to fit without ruining the bearings. I ran a caliper on both post and the bearings and it does seem that the bearings are not really a proper fit. There are no other bearings in the kit that fit the plastic molds like the bearing I ruined.

Sheesh...I feel like a novice again altogether...4 years in the hobby and I'm stumped on this one...

Help please...I'm about to go nuts on this...

Thanks in advance...
the only suggestion is are you sure the bearings are not 5x10 which are used in step 39 for the centax bell maybe worth checking the internal measurement of the bearing and the shaft size
chookgb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 05:10 AM
  #1492  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 87
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

thanks so far everyone for all the generous help. The thing is...I have tried ALL the bearings in the kit and these are the only ones which will fit the plastic mold for the upper brake bracket and the lower bearing bracket.

I have asked around and I heard that there was another person who had this problem in my area. I doubt it that there are inconsistencies in the bearings... I think it is the brake post that somehow wasn't done right in the manufacturing process...I might have to find a way to attach this thing to a drill to sand out the bar...I don't know what else to do...just my luck I guess...

Thanks again and I am looking forward to corresponding with you guys when I run the car at our local track.

Happy New Year!
Hammer0412 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 05:21 AM
  #1493  
Tech Champion
 
black-knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Out to lunch
Posts: 6,042
Default

i had a small amount of trouble with those same bearings, i had to sand the brake cam/post a little. still a tight fit...if i wanted to get it apart now i would have trouble.
black-knight is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 06:22 AM
  #1494  
Tech Regular
 
snoopy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Oz
Posts: 449
Default

Originally posted by Hammer0412
thanks so far everyone for all the generous help. The thing is...I have tried ALL the bearings in the kit and these are the only ones which will fit the plastic mold for the upper brake bracket and the lower bearing bracket.

I have asked around and I heard that there was another person who had this problem in my area. I doubt it that there are inconsistencies in the bearings... I think it is the brake post that somehow wasn't done right in the manufacturing process...I might have to find a way to attach this thing to a drill to sand out the bar...I don't know what else to do...just my luck I guess...

Thanks again and I am looking forward to corresponding with you guys when I run the car at our local track.

Happy New Year!
Have you measured the post and the bearings to see where it's wrong?
snoopy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 08:10 AM
  #1495  
Tech Master
 
hurhur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,461
Default

Originally posted by doctorj
Cartman,

How did you secure the receiver box to the radio tray?

Rgds
doctorj,

can we find the receiver box for sale in Singapore?
hurhur is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 08:23 AM
  #1496  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by hurhur
doctorj,

can we find the receiver box for sale in Singapore?
it is from kfactory. check your kfactory dealer in singapore
Manticore is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 08:32 AM
  #1497  
Tech Master
 
hurhur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,461
Default

Originally posted by Manticore
it is from kfactory. check your kfactory dealer in singapore
it is made for which car?
hurhur is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 08:36 AM
  #1498  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by hurhur
it is made for which car?
for replica of V1R !!
Manticore is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 09:11 AM
  #1499  
Tech Master
 
hurhur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,461
Default

Originally posted by Cartman
yep sure is part number nt2111
just flip the mugen mount 180 degres and fasten on.
hmmm...i cant find this part number on kfactory's website. Any idea where i can see it in the internet?
hurhur is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 12:27 PM
  #1500  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (8)
 
Darkseid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: At my computer, duh...
Posts: 9,033
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

hurhur: That reciever box that Cartman is using is just the reciever box from the ReflexNT.

Heres the link to it at TowerHobbies. It can also be found at SpeedTech RC.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBKF1&P=7
Darkseid is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service