R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-14-2005, 11:56 PM   #2656
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
Sorry to hear that, the one-piece engine mount just came in this week. It really is a nice piece. You should hold tight becuase there are more parts coming in next week and I will post the info as soon as it becomes available.
Wow, good thing I just checked here before checking out.....I was just taking out my card for some more skyline blingbling....guess I will wait till next week then. heh.
ogreasurada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 01:09 AM   #2657
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to foampervert
Default skyline bling bling = 3 racing bling bling?

hiya guys!
i was just shopping around for bling when i came upon the 3 racing's webby .
the MTX4 items there look suspiciously like the ones on Skyline's webby .
I am also thinking of using Team Magic's delrin/steel balls instead of mugen's titanium units for the suspension balls.
does anyone have any specs for these? weight-wise? or any comments?
I made myself a 4 gramm main shaft and 2 gramm front shaft.
i can say, shaving off 10 grams off the front shaft and 18 grams off the main shaft had a distinct effect on my car....woot!
happy racing!
-alexander

Sorex, i meant Sorex.
foampervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 01:15 AM   #2658
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by foampervert
hiya guys!
i was just shopping around for bling when i came upon the 3 racing's webby .
the MTX4 items there look suspiciously like the ones on Skyline's webby .
I am also thinking of using Team Magic's delrin/steel balls instead of mugen's titanium units for the suspension balls.
does anyone have any specs for these? weight-wise? or any comments?
I made myself a 4 gramm main shaft and 2 gramm front shaft.
i can say, shaving off 10 grams off the front shaft and 18 grams off the main shaft had a distinct effect on my car....woot!
happy racing!
-alexander
All I can tell is that the parts from 3racing are totally different from Skyline's.
ogreasurada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 02:19 AM   #2659
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreen
What about the spur gears? I heard that the spur gears from the MTX-3 can be used for the MTX-4. Is that true? I finally got my monoracing parts; so I can't wait to put them on the 4. I wish I ordered the 1 piece engine mount. But anyway, I'm waiting for the Winternats also. I was there last year and want to make it there again this coming year.

Yes, the .8 spur gears from the MTX3 prospec can be used on the MTX4.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:53 AM   #2660
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogreasurada
X4 use the same wheel hex as X3.
For the body i think you are talking about stratus 3.1 cuz 3.0 is 190mm for electric. And the body fits perfectly. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info.
THE DOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 07:49 AM   #2661
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
Hey guys, I'm pretty much done with my build up of the car with all the parts from Skyline. The car is very easy to build and all the Skyline parts I used were a direct fit replacement. I can see performance and or durability benefits in all the hop-ups I used.

I can't wait to drive the car. I hear a lot of great things about it.
Peter,

Nice to know there will be another good local driver driving the new Mugen Sedan Car.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:34 PM   #2662
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Slo-MTX4

Hey Guys and girls (shouldnt forget the girls hey kitty), i have bee reading this forum for about the last week from the begining and it has been full of good info so a big pat on the back to all of you. I have had my X4 for like 2 weeks now and am itching to build it but am not allowed to until christmas day, do you know how much restraint i have had to put up with? I am sure you all do.

Now apart from the rear shock mount is there anything that is a necesity to get like different bearings for the clutch bell? And i am going to get some CVD's for the front but has anyone run it with just the dog bones?

Anyway enough of boring you all cant wait to build this car.

Cheers Daniel

PODIFIED ENGINES/Trackside RC
Slo-MTX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 10:45 PM   #2663
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

the bearings are fine, well, at least for me so far! just make sure you line up the motor straight and pay attention to the spacing

the dogbones are ok. itss only significant drawback is when you hit something because you may loose them. but if you want to run the car as is, it is more than ok.

well, 10 more days before you can build the car. i bet it will be the longest 10 days for you

have fun building!
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 11:14 PM   #2664
Tech Elite

Rear shock tower is the most important upgrade you can get for the car. Resist adding a bunch of useless bling bling aluminum to your car. I never ran my car with the front dogbones. I built mine with the universals.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:44 PM   #2665
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have been through 2 rear shock towers(1 was the 3mm from Skyline), 2 clutch bearings, and lost 1 dogbone/outdrive. The dogbones are fine as long as you dont try to run the front end too wide. As long as you are running the 1mm or 2mm front wheels and are under 200mm you will be fine. When I lost my bone, I was trying to run 0mm rims and have it out at 200mm. I put the 2mm rims back on and brought it in to 200mm and havent had a problem since. My car has about 5 hard races on it. I run it hard, almost like a rental.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:34 AM   #2666
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
I have been through 2 rear shock towers(1 was the 3mm from Skyline), 2 clutch bearings, and lost 1 dogbone/outdrive. The dogbones are fine as long as you dont try to run the front end too wide. As long as you are running the 1mm or 2mm front wheels and are under 200mm you will be fine. When I lost my bone, I was trying to run 0mm rims and have it out at 200mm. I put the 2mm rims back on and brought it in to 200mm and havent had a problem since. My car has about 5 hard races on it. I run it hard, almost like a rental.

Joe drives it like he stole it!!

All I have managed to break so far is a shock shaft and a rear a-arm.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:51 AM   #2667
Tech Elite

Thanks guys, yeah i can see it getting the rear shock tower almost straight away. The only thing i ever broke on the X3 that i have had for 8 months now was 1 front upright but i dont think that i drive like i stole it either. I would like to get the CVD's for it straight away but will have to see. The other thing is i run my transponder up in a cut out in the front bumper under the top bumper plate but i see you guys all run yours on the side is there any reason why?

The other thing is (sorry for a bit off topic here) but can you guys in the US tell me if you have to qualify to run in the Florida Winternats? i was considering going over, but its quite a big maybe atm.

Cheers Daniel

Old 12-16-2005, 01:05 AM   #2668
Tech Elite

I run my transponder on the side, because that is where the holder for it is. Running it there, also there is nothing below it so you should have a good strong signal. FYI: I use the MTX3 REAR CVD's on the front of my MTX4.
To the best of my knowledge, you do not have to qualify to run the winternats.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:20 AM   #2669
Tech Elite

Thanks Scott if i come it wont be till 2007. Hey do you know if Mugen USA is sending a team over here for the Pre Worlds? i will probably end up getting a set of those CVD's

Cheers Daniel

Old 12-16-2005, 01:23 AM   #2670
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron C.
Peter,

Nice to know there will be another good local driver driving the new Mugen Sedan Car.
Good luck with your new car Peter. I know you'll love it.