Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-17-2003, 04:09 PM   #871
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
Originally posted by Rookie Solara
Hey InitialD and FastHarry................I am glad to see you guys here, after 2 years (after my PRO) of Serpentless.......I know I am ready to go back to the Serpent PIT once again (just sold my NTC3 and made good enough money to cover the 710 itself), and I am so glad that I didn't get myself a 705 (really, I don't see a big different from PRO to 705)........but now, 710 here I come.

About the bootleg Serpent stuff..........HK/CHINA is the king of bootleg.....if you want to get real Serpent items in Mongkok (HK) there are only 2 places, HSC (Mr. Lam) and Wing Jet (Snake King Cheung)......then, you can always go to the HK Serpent Distrubutor - Universal Hobby in Wan Chai............Only these 3 places will sell genuine Serpent items.

Or better yet, order direct from Serpent Europe or Serpent USA.

I received the first batch notice of the 710 is 12-15-2003...........dealer price is the same as 705 (I cannot believe that...that is just too good) but retail price should be $20-30 more then 705

My man rookie....

That HPI didn't get much use...I might keep it for the challenge...

One of the tc3's is going....I'll sell the next one when the weather gets warmer..
Can's wait to run the 710...
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 07:08 PM   #872
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Rookie Solara
About the bootleg Serpent stuff..........HK/CHINA is the king of bootleg.....if you want to get real Serpent items in Mongkok (HK) there are only 2 places, HSC (Mr. Lam) and Wing Jet (Snake King Cheung)......then, you can always go to the HK Serpent Distrubutor - Universal Hobby in Wan Chai............Only these 3 places will sell genuine Serpent items.
Rookie, we always welcome back the retrurn of the prodigal son !!

I think you got International Hobby and World Model mixed up. Both are in Wanchai though. World Model distributes Serpent, XRay and Hudy stuff to this region (not to end users) while I think International Hobby sells to end users.

Mr. Lam (Harmony) is nice while I think the Wing Jet owner is a little high in the nose, so to speak. Prices are much better at Harmony. My 2 cents.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 07:17 PM   #873
Tech Prophet

Default Re: just bought a 705 before 710

Quote:
Originally posted by kenchoco
well,i just bought a 705 before the 710 was announced....oh well looks i will have a 705 and a 710 kenchoco
It looks like some of use here (including me) will still be racing the 705. So hang on dude !
Old 11-17-2003, 07:22 PM   #874
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Rene C.
So with our experience it was not necessary to go to a rotated higher weight 2 disc brake system.
Come to think of it, you've got a point there Rene.

Well, I think rccplayer is referring to the brake system on the MTX-3. I believe the car has got better brakes than the NTC3 because of the stopping power from the 2 disc. Oh well, hopefully the brakes on the 710 will be as good if not better !
Old 11-17-2003, 07:33 PM   #875
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by RobbyDV
2. Other thing I saw Carlos P drive his 705 with 4 cells
. Do the other serpent drivers do this too?
I think Julius mentioned here earlier in the 705 thread that Rene and sometimes himself used 4 cells (4.8V) for the receiver pack. We asked him if it was any difference in performance of the servos and he said he did not feel anything lacking.

I think if you're using controllers like Futaba 3PK or equivalent or external fail safe, you cannot use the 4 cells because the controller may lock when it detects the receiver pack to be less than 4.8 V. Unless of course you switch the battery fail safe feature off...

Anyway, Julius also added that the lower the voltage of the receiver pack, the lower the current draw.

Rene, how long can a 4.8 V receiver pack last in the car? Using both digital servos for throttle and steering?
Old 11-17-2003, 07:35 PM   #876
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Starter Box

Quote:
The blocks for the powerstart will be in the kit. They a special for the 710.
Thanks Rene. When you say special for the 710, can you use those 710 blocks to start the 705 car?
Old 11-17-2003, 07:38 PM   #877
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Wheelbase Question...

Quote:
Yes and no.
We could change the belt tension, but it’s not true, that we have an adjustable wheel base. This is a feature of the 950R.
Ummm, how much further movement in total distance can the front wheels move forward and backward for the belt tension? What about the rear?
Old 11-17-2003, 07:40 PM   #878
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Centax III Question...

Quote:
The Centax III is a complete new design extra made for the 200mm class. It’s about 13 gram’s lighter than the Centax II. Also the way of building is different. On mytsn you will find soon some pictures, than you will understand.
Well I think the bulk of the weight savings come from the lighter 33 mm flywheel. Would be interesting to see the pictures.

Anyway, has anybody at Serpent thought of trying the Centax III with the new gearing modules on the 950R?
Old 11-17-2003, 07:45 PM   #879
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Come on Mr D! Yours is only so clean looking, cause I sold you that special Photoshop filter Maybe we could sell one to Rob?
I don't need those filters for my photos, thank you ! I merely tested them. You need it more than I do !
Old 11-17-2003, 07:50 PM   #880
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Sure have we seen the changed rear. It’s from serpent. This was a try to make the car easier too drive on small tracks. It has nothing to do with the 710. With the longer upper arm we got a better braking and a bigger sweep-spot. Bad enough, it don’t works on every track.
Cool. Works on smaller tracks you say? How is this better than the stock rear arm position? What changes does it do to the car?

You say that it does not work on every track. Can I ask what is it that does not work with this mod? Difficult to drive? Does it not work on larger tracks?

Perhaps you could do us a favour and post a step by step modification of the rear of the 705 for those interested only ! Thanks.
Old 11-17-2003, 07:51 PM   #881
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Maybe we will make the 2-speed axle and the Middle axle in Titanium.
What about titanium steering tie rods like on the 950?

Quote:
About the chassis: future is not written.
What can be done further on the 4 mm chassis? In my opinion, Serpent produces one of the best looking chassis around !
Old 11-17-2003, 08:12 PM   #882
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

D
if you look closley you will see the bell is vented or at least it appears to be, i've built some of these for my brand X cars and the weight of the bell goes way down. its one of the heaviest spinning pieces.next to the flywheel, you can also vent the push plate. I generally vent the bell with long slots
Old 11-17-2003, 08:23 PM   #883
Tech Master

like this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pict0013.jpg (59.3 KB, 195 views)
Old 11-17-2003, 08:23 PM   #884
Tech Master

Old 11-17-2003, 08:37 PM   #885
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Rookie, we always welcome back the retrurn of the prodigal son !!

Mr. Lam (Harmony) is nice while I think the Wing Jet owner is a little high in the nose, so to speak. Prices are much better at Harmony. My 2 cents.
You are right on the money with both your statements D, funny how this correlates with my own observations.
fmolzer is offline   Reply With Quote