R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-17-2003, 10:03 AM   #841
Tech Fanatic
 
Arun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: GA
Posts: 753
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Rene C.
Sure have we seen the changed rear. Itís from serpent. This was a try to make the car easier too drive on small tracks. It has nothing to do with the 710. With the longer upper arm we got a better braking and a bigger sweep-spot. Bad enough, it donít works on every track. With the 705 we where on the limit, sometimes we mad some changes to go over it. But than it was very difficult to drive. Only Ralf and I used this rear. In begin I liked it, later I used the standard rear again.
Rene, Is there something that you prefer in running the rear shocks longer? I always figured that since the impulse/705 was an impact-based platform, the long rear shocks carried over, and that any new touring car would have the same length shocks all around. Now I see, however, that the 710 has the long rear shocks. Do they offer any advantage? Perhaps they are softer due to using a longer spring?

To my knowledge, serpent is the only company that uses longer shocks in the rear of the car. Even the first Xray T1 had the longer shocks, but later switched to the same shocks all around when the EVO2 came.
__________________
http://nexusracing.com
Arun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 10:17 AM   #842
Tech Apprentice
 
Rene C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Netherland
Posts: 92
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Proficar403
Rene, Is there something that you prefer in running the rear shocks longer? I always figured that since the impulse/705 was an impact-based platform, the long rear shocks carried over, and that any new touring car would have the same length shocks all around. Now I see, however, that the 710 has the long rear shocks. Do they offer any advantage? Perhaps they are softer due to using a longer spring?

To my knowledge, serpent is the only company that uses longer shocks in the rear of the car. Even the first Xray T1 had the longer shocks, but later switched to the same shocks all around when the EVO2 came.
Hmm, I donít prefer longer shocks in the rear. I donít think they are better or worse than shorter shocks. Our rear suspension could have more suspension travel, so we need longer shocks. Ok, when we had shorter shocks we changed the design. But we have our shocks in 2 different lengthís, so why we donít should use them.
Rene C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 10:31 AM   #843
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Belgium
Posts: 24
Default TITANIUM AXLES

Quote:
Originally posted by Rene C.
Maybe we will make the 2-speed axle and the Middle axle from Titanium.
About the chassis: future is not written.

A 2speed and Middle axle in titanium would be nice
RobbyDV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 10:41 AM   #844
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 826
Default Re: Venezuelan Champ

Quote:
Originally posted by fmolzer
Any chance of getting a report posted on mytsn?
Fmolzer, iīm writing the report and togheter with lotīs of pictures will be on line tomorrow

Stay tuned
Paolo M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 10:42 AM   #845
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 826
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
I think the main reason is because before this, they did not know of RCTech's existence. I believe only lately somebody on the mytsn forum posted a link to the RCTech forum.

I believe also Schrijver99 told Julius or Rene about this forum personally !
To be honest, i did not know about this Forum. I will try to be here often to share with you guys
Paolo M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 10:42 AM   #846
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Belgium
Posts: 24
Default

1. I did some measuring on my 705, and it seemed possible to me to put all 5 cells down in stead of 1 in top. That way fuel tank could be reshaped too. Did I do my homework bad or is there
another reason not to put all cells down.
2. Other thing I saw Carlos P drive his 705 with 4 cells
. Do the other serpent drivers do this too?
RobbyDV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 10:43 AM   #847
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: TITANIUM AXLES

Quote:
Originally posted by RobbyDV
A 2speed and Middle axle in titanium would be nice
Does it not affect the performace due to the flexible nature of titanium?
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 10:47 AM   #848
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2
Thumbs up Re: Re: Venezuelan Champ

Quote:
Originally posted by Paolo M
Fmolzer, iīm writing the report and togheter with lotīs of pictures will be on line tomorrow

Stay tuned
tomorrow? why not today
donorato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 10:49 AM   #849
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 68
Default

Rene, why 710 not using double disc break? Since single disc trackless was 1mm, if brake pad worn out at 0.3 ~ 0.4 each, when I hard push the brake, due to both disc pad touch together, I got weak brake! That was experience in my Impulse, and the hole for pulley adaptor of the single disc was easy worn out after couple of brake use!! I think single disc is not strong enough to nowadays-powerful engine and running foam!!
rccplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 10:49 AM   #850
Tech Apprentice
 
Rene C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Netherland
Posts: 92
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by RobbyDV
1. I did some measuring on my 705, and it seemed possible to me to put all 5 cells down in stead of 1 in top. That way fuel tank could be reshaped too. Did I do my homework bad or is there
another reason not to put all cells down.
2. Other thing I saw Carlos P drive his 705 with 4 cells
. Do the other serpent drivers do this too?
I drive the ehole year with 4 cells. Some other drivers (like Carlos) saw and tested this too. I don't feel any difference. It's just winning 9grams
Some other drivers don't thrust this and stay with 5 cells. So it's up to you.
What you mean, with reshaping the fuel tank ?
How you want to put down all 5 cells? Have I done a bad homework?
Rene C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 10:56 AM   #851
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Belgium
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Rene C.
I drive the ehole year with 4 cells. Some other drivers (like Carlos) saw and tested this too. I don't feel any difference. It's just winning 9grams
Some other drivers don't thrust this and stay with 5 cells. So it's up to you.
What you mean, with reshaping the fuel tank ?
How you want to put down all 5 cells? Have I done a bad homework?
Well I mean if u dont put the fifth cell on top of the other 4 or U run 4 cells, the gap (shape, dont find the corect word) made in the fuel tank (necessary to make place for the 5th cell) isnt necessary anymore and the fuel will sit lower. Maybe a nice option for those 4cell drivers.
U can put the 5 cells down if you put the fasteners left 1 right in stead of in front& back OR integrate the fasteners in middle block..

Last edited by RobbyDV; 11-17-2003 at 11:35 AM.
RobbyDV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 10:58 AM   #852
Tech Apprentice
 
Thaasman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Belgium,Antwerp
Posts: 73
Post

Yo robby, found this forum 2...
It's pretty hot in here....
Also waiting for the 710? Looks pretty good huh?
Greetz
Thaasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 11:00 AM   #853
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Belgium
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Thaasman
Yo robby, found this forum 2...
It's pretty hot in here....
Also waiting for the 710? Looks pretty good huh?
Greetz
yeah, waiting for the 710 and the KHM, just like you I suppose
RobbyDV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 11:02 AM   #854
Tech Apprentice
 
Thaasman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Belgium,Antwerp
Posts: 73
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by RobbyDV
yeah, waiting for the 710 and the KHM, just like you I suppose
Yup,but about the khm i can't get a straight answer..
Do you?
Thaasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 11:02 AM   #855
Tech Apprentice
 
Rene C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Netherland
Posts: 92
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rccplayer
Rene, why 710 not using double disc break? Since single disc trackless was 1mm, if brake pad worn out at 0.3 ~ 0.4 each, when I hard push the brake, due to both disc pad touch together, I got weak brake! That was experience in my Impulse, and the hole for pulley adaptor of the single disc was easy worn out after couple of brake use!! I think single disc is not strong enough to nowadays-powerful engine and running foam!!
I think I have not driven less then you. And I had no problem with bad brakes. You are using the standard pads or the optional one ? The standardís has a long life time. The optional one have an other material witch makes the brake more sensitive. But also with this one you can drive a long time. So with our experience it was not necessary to go to a rotated higher weight 2 disc brake system. Are your tracks very dirty? If dirt comes on the brake it could be like sandpaper when you brake.
With the 710 we have a better brake. The excenter is more in the middle of the brake-pads. When you brake, not only a small part of the brake-pad will be used. It will help to have a better brake with longer life.

Last edited by Rene C.; 11-17-2003 at 11:12 AM.
Rene C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Serpent 835 JFCJ R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-20-2005 09:29 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:12 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net