R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-26-2004, 10:40 PM   #6976
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,211
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: InitialD

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Half the track's missing!

The infield section looks really good!!

Hmm, I think I'm going to have to add a Wife/Girlfriend section to the FAQ - tips and excuses
the track is built inside a go-kart track, the rest of the track is laid out during race day.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 10:46 PM   #6977
Tech Elite
 
SupermaxxRich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,532
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

A quick question. I thought Tire Truers only trued the diameter of the wheel down like say 64mm to 62mm? They can also narrow a rim as well from 27mm wide to 26mm wide? If I buy the Hudy Tire Truer, does it come with everything I need to cut my tires and to narrow my tires as well? Now That I have my car all together I see that the front wheels come really close to the knuckle, even the wheels that come with the car are close.
SupermaxxRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 10:57 PM   #6978
Tech Regular
 
clmbia45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: las vegas, nv
Posts: 366
Lightbulb DOG BONES

OK GUYS, I NEED SOME HELP. I'M LOOKING FOR DOG BONES WHICH WILL FIT IN THE 710 BETWEEN 61 mm AND 62.5 mm LONG.
WOULD YOU CHECK YOUR CAR COLLECTIONS AND SEE IF YOU CAN COME UP WITH SOMETHING?

THANKS, JACK
clmbia45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 11:01 PM   #6979
Tech Regular
 
clmbia45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: las vegas, nv
Posts: 366
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by SupermaxxRich
A quick question. I thought Tire Truers only trued the diameter of the wheel down like say 64mm to 62mm? They can also narrow a rim as well from 27mm wide to 26mm wide? If I buy the Hudy Tire Truer, does it come with everything I need to cut my tires and to narrow my tires as well? Now That I have my car all together I see that the front wheels come really close to the knuckle, even the wheels that come with the car are close.
YOU CAN GET A HUDY MODEL WHICH, WITH THE PROPER ARBOR WILL ALLOW YOU TO TRUE YOUR TIRES FROM 1/12 SCALE THROUGH 1/8 SCALE. TO NARROW YOUR TIRES, TRIM THEM DOWN WITH A RASP. OR, IF YOU ARE CAREFUL, YOU CAN CUT THEM DOWN WITH A BOX CUTTER; JUST BE SURE THE TIRE IS SPINNING AWAY FROM YOU!
clmbia45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 11:01 PM   #6980
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 783
Default Re: DOG BONES

Quote:
Originally posted by clmbia45
OK GUYS, I NEED SOME HELP. I'M LOOKING FOR DOG BONES WHICH WILL FIT IN THE 710 BETWEEN 61 mm AND 62.5 mm LONG.
WOULD YOU CHECK YOUR CAR COLLECTIONS AND SEE IF YOU CAN COME UP WITH SOMETHING?

THANKS, JACK
With Ellegy rims, you can make 197mm trackwidth pecisely using Impact FR Dogbone.
But your tire cannot go bigger than 63mm, very close to hit the axles when you press down the car.
GoldFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 11:05 PM   #6981
Tech Elite
 
SupermaxxRich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,532
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys. What size allen head is used to adjust the 2 speed clutch shoes? I had to open up the three holes on the 2 speed gear quite a bit so I could adjust the two set screws to set the clutch depth to the housing. But I can't seem to get an allen key onto the the adjusting screws for the 2 speed clutch. So if I know exactly wht allen key it is then that will eliminate one error.
SupermaxxRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 11:14 PM   #6982
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 783
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by SupermaxxRich
Hey guys. What size allen head is used to adjust the 2 speed clutch shoes? I had to open up the three holes on the 2 speed gear quite a bit so I could adjust the two set screws to set the clutch depth to the housing. But I can't seem to get an allen key onto the the adjusting screws for the 2 speed clutch. So if I know exactly wht allen key it is then that will eliminate one error.
Without removing rear-right tires, remove 2spd clips and slide 1st spur ass'y out. Than you can see both screw and adjusting nut at your convinience.
GoldFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 11:21 PM   #6983
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 783
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldFinger
Without removing rear-right tires, remove 2spd clips and slide 1st spur ass'y out. Than you can see both screw and adjusting nut at your convinience.
sorry maxx, its a typo. No nut present on it.
I mean is to adjusting the screw.
GoldFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 11:46 PM   #6984
Tech Elite
 
SupermaxxRich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,532
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Good call Goldfinger. Sounds alot easier and quicker!
SupermaxxRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 12:58 AM   #6985
Tech Adept
 
Diesel Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 227
Default 710 FAQ

Just uploaded markp27's lastest revision of the 710 FAQ to my website, I've also incorporated this into the main menu on my site so it's easier to find.

http://www.markanddebbie.net

Cheers

Mark

Last edited by Diesel Racer; 03-27-2004 at 01:56 AM.
Diesel Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 01:09 AM   #6986
Tech Elite
 
SupermaxxRich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,532
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Anybody know the factory settings for the NS12 S3?? I just messed them up and I don't want to start the engine unless everything is 100%
SupermaxxRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 02:00 AM   #6987
Tech Adept
 
Diesel Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 227
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by SupermaxxRich
Anybody know the factory settings for the NS12 S3?? I just messed them up and I don't want to start the engine unless everything is 100%
LSN - 2 turns out from lightly seated
MRN - Flush, don't play with this one
HSN - 3 turns out from lightly seated
Diesel Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 10:15 AM   #6988
Tech Adept
 
cox049's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: DC Metro Area
Posts: 170
Default Rainy practice day

I know all you guys are practicing instead of posting crap , oops sorry I mean spreading knowledge on these pages

But guess what... its freaking rainy here!!! ...

So what I'm I doing? Assembling the kit I bought for "parts"... let me give you all some advice, .Don't buy a second kit for "parts"!! It's very difficult to resist the temptation to assembl;e it!! and than you need more engines , servos and off course more PARTS!!! lol
cox049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 10:23 AM   #6989
Tech Adept
 
rodrigo1508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 183
Default

Thats why I am buying my second kit for pratice not parts
rodrigo1508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 10:29 AM   #6990
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,211
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default Re: Rainy practice day

Quote:
Originally posted by cox049
I know all you guys are practicing instead of posting crap , oops sorry I mean spreading knowledge on these pages

But guess what... its freaking rainy here!!! ...

So what I'm I doing? Assembling the kit I bought for "parts"... let me give you all some advice, .Don't buy a second kit for "parts"!! It's very difficult to resist the temptation to assembl;e it!! and than you need more engines , servos and off course more PARTS!!! lol
why stop when ir rains just soften you suspension , take off the sway bars and used these rain tyres!!!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Serpent 835 JFCJ R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-20-2005 09:29 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:57 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net