R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-16-2004, 08:02 PM   #4486
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
It's actually not worth reading the German thread, as it degenerated into people abusing each other about pretty petty opinions.
Oh really? Why do you say that then? Sounds interesting !
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 08:06 PM   #4487
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by r12 schumacher
your gear ratio will change with the tire wear (your back tires will rotate more than the front)
The correct word is tire rollout changes. With reduced tire diameter, tire rollout is also reduced and top speed is reduced as well.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:07 PM   #4488
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Filter

Quote:
Originally posted by Picard
The filter
Cool. Looks like you got the new one. When did you get your kit?
Old 02-16-2004, 08:09 PM   #4489
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Picard
Agreed, I have had the same experience, I had engine problems and removed the inline filter. My engines have run perfectly and i have not run one since and am also yet to have any engine issues
Are you referring to running the external filter with the 705 tank or the 710 tank?

The 710 tank (with the bronze filter) never needs the external filter to run properly.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:09 PM   #4490
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by ammdrew
never ran a filter on the old tank,never had any issues.. never saw a factory guy with a filter on at any of the big shows with the 705.. would recommend you just not even worry about it..
If you look at Julius' and Michael's 705, they have the small Tornado filter on it.

I also thought I saw the small external filter also on Michael's 710 in Thailand.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:10 PM   #4491
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by PSI Racer
What do you use to adjust the volume of the tank?
With the updated tank with the bronze filter that is supposedly coming with the 710, you can reduce the tank volume by using inserts.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:16 PM   #4492
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
With the updated tank with the bronze filter that is supposedly coming with the 710, you can reduce the tank volume by using inserts.
I have the same tank as JustRace.
Our tanks have the hole for for decreasing the volume.
But, we have the old white filter.
I guess we got the in between model.
We have the new tank with the old filter.
PSI Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 08:23 PM   #4493
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by cyba888
Is it ok to raise the rear ride height, even tho the rear tire's profile is lower than the front?
Always try to run the same tires front and rear to maintain the equal front and rear overdrive.

Quote:
Even if I get new rear tires my tire tread would still be thicker than my fronts so im guessing it should be fine as long as the ride height is the same?
Using larger front tires will give you overdrive i.e. front pulling the rear. Using larger rear tires will give you underdrive i.e. rear pushing the front. This assuming the internal pulleys are the same as the ones in the kit.

What I do is I maintain a few sets of tires. I use the rear tires and when I find that it goes slightly smaller than the front (about 2 or 3 mm difference), I swap them for another that is about the same diameter as the front. Of course this is for the weekend runs. Front and rear tires will wear but at a different rate where the rear is faster wearing than the front.

As a rule of thumb, I use about 2 sets of rear tires (intermittently swapped) with 1 set of fronts.

I run my tires down to about 55 mm but like what R12 mentioned, you need to change your gearing accordingly to compensate for the reduction in tire rollout due to smaller tire diameters.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:45 PM   #4494
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by PSI Racer
I guess we got the in between model.
We have the new tank with the old filter.
Strange... I guess you still need the external filter going from what you have since the bronze filter is the one that makes most of the difference. The ability to change the tank volume is nice only when you race in big open races.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:16 PM   #4495
Tech Master

Quote:
MAn I need to get a tire truer? That stuff aint cheap!
Take a look at the all new GQ truers at www.daltonshop.com for descriptions. It will start shipping early march.. Automatic with edge sanders + 1/10 and 1/8 wheel hub at average of USD250 worldwide
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 10:37 PM   #4496
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Rookie Solara
what is the function on that set screws? To prevent the pin flow out after removing the 2-speed clutch..?
I guess so... On the first build, I actually missed that part about locking the pin with the H11 set screw. I used it after that and I found it to be cumbersome taking off and putting it on. So like Goldfinger, I don't use it too.

Like you, I also found some quirks when using the set screw but my experience was a little different. When I tighten the set screw, the white 2 speed shoes got stuck in the 2nd speed aluminum housing bell. This happened intermittently though...

Quote:
The another solution is....that silver spaced in front of the 2nd gear need to shave about 1/2mm or so on order to give some space between the 2nd gear and that pin even in lock tight position, but I am not going to do that untill someone or Serpent said so....
No... Do like what Julius suggested. Loosen the 22T side left pulley on the 2 speed layshaft and fix the 2 speed housing with the P13 pin spaced snugly and the spurs able to rotate freely. The push the 22T pulley onto the 2 speed layshaft just enough and tighten the set screw onto the shaft to lock it in position.

Like what Goldfinger mentioned, mind the spacing of the pins from the brake pulley adapter from rubbing the right bulkhead. Also, spaced the 24T brake pulley so that it clears the foot of the engine crankcase where the engine is bolted onto the engine mount.

Quote:
And last...WHY angled, and why so small....

I think the way the 2 speed screws are mounted onto the white clutch shoes holding the springs, you need the holes to be slanted.

I have seen a friend of mine adjusting it from the external once or twice with the Hudy 2 mm allen driver but I never got to do it on mine successfully. Like you, I found the hole small. I prefer to take it out and asjust it. That way, I can see really how much is adjusted.
Old 02-16-2004, 10:51 PM   #4497
Tech Elite

Quote:
I think the way the 2 speed screws are mounted onto the white clutch shoes holding the springs, you need the holes to be slanted.

I have seen a friend of mine adjusting it from the external once or twice with the Hudy 2 mm allen driver but I never got to do it on mine successfully. Like you, I found the hole small. I prefer to take it out and asjust it. That way, I can see really how much is adjusted.
The trick is to get the angle correct...it takes a bit of shoving and twisting but eventually you'll get it in...it can be a little brutal though..
crashed_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 10:56 PM   #4498
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by crashed_1
The trick is to get the angle correct...it takes a bit of shoving and twisting but eventually you'll get it in...it can be a little brutal though..
Oh yes, this "friend" of mine just turned up from no where !

Yeah. It's a hit or miss if you insert the 2 mm driver through the holes in terms of how much is adjusted. I find that the springs in the 710 is pretty sensitive unlike on the older 705. That's why I take the whole thing out and adjust it as I'm not soo brutal as you are !
Old 02-16-2004, 11:06 PM   #4499
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It will make it's debut this weekend w/ a hand modded Palmaris NS12 Novarossi ....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 112-1202_img.jpg (42.8 KB, 136 views)
Old 02-16-2004, 11:08 PM   #4500
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
The correct word is tire rollout changes. With reduced tire diameter, tire rollout is also reduced and top speed is reduced as well.
thanks for the correct word, atleast i was in the correct idea
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote