Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-15-2004, 11:13 AM   #5986
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Centax3 mod

Quote:
Originally posted by GlennCauley
Heya, InitialD !

Someone suggested I ask you about how to modify the Centax3 clutch shoes. What is the latest, best way to do it?

Sorry... I know this is the lazy way to ask... but with 200 pages in this thread I don't want to spend a lot of time browsing... not if you have the answer at the top of your head.

Can you help me out?

Glenn Cauley
Ottawa, Canada
Welcome Glenn, glad to see you could make it! InitialD will be around soon to help - he's probably sleeping at the moment

Don't worry about having to scroll throught the 200++++ pages, that's why I'm maintaining the FAQ.

A new update will include Lord D's latest mods for the clutch.

More info soon.

Cheers, Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 11:13 AM   #5987
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by rodrigo1508
You see This is way I changed to the 710 I have support and anwsers right away. So far its been easy to build and the quality seems just great. I cant say the instructions are great but I think its just a matter of getting used to it (first serpent)
COOL!

It probably is a case of getting use to the Serpent Instructions - having built the 705, I found no problems with the 710 instructions.

Last edited by markp27; 03-15-2004 at 11:38 AM.
Old 03-15-2004, 11:16 AM   #5988
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default 710 instructions

Quote:
Originally posted by rodrigo1508
You see This is way I changed to the 710 I have support and anwsers right away. So far its been easy to build and the quality seems just great. I cant say the instructions are great but I think its just a matter of getting used to it (first serpent)

I think the latest batch of Serpent instruction manuals are much better than previous years'. Especially the S710 manuals (really great Setup Book) and the 950R manual.

Glenn Cauley
Ottawa, Canada
GlennCauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 11:17 AM   #5989
Tech Elite

Default Re: Centax3 mod

Quote:
Originally posted by GlennCauley
Heya, InitialD !

Someone suggested I ask you about how to modify the Centax3 clutch shoes. What is the latest, best way to do it?

Sorry... I know this is the lazy way to ask... but with 200 pages in this thread I don't want to spend a lot of time browsing... not if you have the answer at the top of your head.

Can you help me out?

Glenn Cauley
Ottawa, Canada
Hey Glenn, decided to have a butchers to see what I could find whilst InitialD is off-line - here's his last post (i.e. the latest mods) on the clutch mod:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...7%3Cbr%20/%3E0

Enjoy!

Last edited by markp27; 03-15-2004 at 11:23 AM.
Old 03-15-2004, 11:21 AM   #5990
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Centax3 mod

And here's the posting which lead to the pictures being posted.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...89&#post761889

Cheers, Mark.
Old 03-15-2004, 11:24 AM   #5991
Tech Adept

Default assembly question

First I want to say to all that I'm reading a lot here and learning a lot of the 710. Great thread!
But been 190 pages long sometimes I'm tempted to ask a question that may have been discussed 10 times...

When assembling the rear suspension and snapping the steel balls in the lower track rods, one of them ended out with a good fit and the other with a loose fitÖ a bit too much for my taste. And no I didnít hit it with a hammer, I put on it my 75 kilos through my poor thumb ( he donít like to assemble kits )

Is this piece a gonner or does it have a fix ?
cox049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 11:36 AM   #5992
Tech Elite

Default Re: assembly question

Quote:
Originally posted by cox049
First I want to say to all that I'm reading a lot here and learning a lot of the 710. Great thread!
But been 190 pages long sometimes I'm tempted to ask a question that may have been discussed 10 times...

When assembling the rear suspension and snapping the steel balls in the lower track rods, one of them ended out with a good fit and the other with a loose fitÖ a bit too much for my taste. And no I didnít hit it with a hammer, I put on it my 75 kilos through my poor thumb ( he donít like to assemble kits )

Is this piece a gonner or does it have a fix ?
Hmm not sure there. Both of mine were fine. But maybe your "good fit" arm will loosen up, i.e. the fit is a bit too good at the moment.
As long as the ball piece isn't too loose, it should be ok. If I hold the ball part, there is some noticable, but very small lateral movement (i.e. if I pull-push the arm). This should be fine.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 03-15-2004, 11:42 AM   #5993
Tech Elite

Default Julius' Wing?

Julius, what was the wing you were using in your setup - can't find a reference to it on the mytsn site.

Also saw from the www.serpent.at site, there is a couple of new bodies coming out:

170022 Stratus FRW + wing
170023 Loletta

I can guess what the Lolita, ehm , I mean Loletta is, but what is this FRW thing?

Cheers, Mark.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:06 PM   #5994
Tech Initiate

Default One-way Diff Braking - Thanks

Thanks to Initial D and Julius for the responses.

Running in my 4th and 5th tanks through the car, I managed to ease off the braking (brake hi-point) and got some practice and will continue with more practice on the track to prevent spinning out. Didn't touch the rear droop yet, in the spirit of adjusting one variable (in this case, the driver) at a time.
zaiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 04:37 PM   #5995
Tech Addict

Default Universal joints

Universal joints there in again and a lot more nice goodies for your car like the SSG carbon upper bumper titanium 2-speed shaft and middle shaft- light weight adaptors for pulley's and....

3Racing-Ride-BRP-Team Orion-XRAY-HUDY-Serpent-Kyosho-Lrp-Speed Passion-MR33-JG-and many more
border r/c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 04:52 PM   #5996
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: assembly question

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Hmm not sure there. Both of mine were fine. But maybe your "good fit" arm will loosen up, i.e. the fit is a bit too good at the moment.
As long as the ball piece isn't too loose, it should be ok. If I hold the ball part, there is some noticable, but very small lateral movement (i.e. if I pull-push the arm). This should be fine.

Cheers, Mark.
Thanks Mark, the one I say is a good fit has zero tolerance and the other has that small lateral movement you say... So I guess the "good one" will loosen up :-)
cox049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 04:55 PM   #5997
Tech Regular

Default 710 SSG

This SSG Graphite is way cool !!!!!!!!!

The quality of these products is awesome !!!

Had to post a pic of the car, some of the hop ups are very useful, however others are for show but the bottom line is when replacement parts are needed these are way cheaper and look fantastic.

This car has the Titanium Mid shaft and 2 Speed shaft, front universals, pro dogbones and axles as well as most of the hop ups that are available.

Some of the basics will save 3/4 to 1 ounce of weight without even trying to hard.

Ive got alot of pictures on the site under the Serpent link on the left side of the main page.

http://www.swrc.biz
http://www.swrc.biz/SERPENT.htm

JABRONI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 05:08 PM   #5998
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

scott,
i'll probably get a couple more sets of cvds from you. i'm dissing the dogbone. i'd rather have a cvd breaking than a dogbone falling out.
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 06:21 PM   #5999
Tech Fanatic

Mark27 and cox049

Thanks for the reminder.
Futaba 4PX
cyba888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 06:40 PM   #6000
Tech Elite

Default Re: 710 SSG

Quote:
Originally posted by JABRONI
This SSG Graphite is way cool !!!!!!!!!

The quality of these products is awesome !!!

Had to post a pic of the car, some of the hop ups are very useful, however others are for show but the bottom line is when replacement parts are needed these are way cheaper and look fantastic.

This car has the Titanium Mid shaft and 2 Speed shaft, front universals, pro dogbones and axles as well as most of the hop ups that are available.

Some of the basics will save 3/4 to 1 ounce of weight without even trying to hard.

Ive got alot of pictures on the site under the Serpent link on the left side of the main page.

http://www.swrc.biz
http://www.swrc.biz/SERPENT.htm

Way too COOL!!!...I'd lose the aluminium parts though...that's trying too hard...but the SSG is to die for....
crashed_1 is offline   Reply With Quote