R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-06-2004, 01:57 AM   #4021
Tech Fanatic
 
Data's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: NCC-1701E, the Enterprise
Posts: 765
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by sparksy
Whilst those that hold off a few months get the updated parts in their kit.
guess i am doing the right thing for the wrong reason.
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 02:56 AM   #4022
Tech Apprentice
 
Rene C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Netherland
Posts: 92
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by sparksy
Thats good and bad news....

When will this likley happen? And in what form? Will us owners be required to purchase an "upgrade" kit? Some kind of discount for current owners would be nice.

Thats the biggest problem of getting on the bandwagon of a new kit early. You get the car whils the teething problems are getting sorted out, and then have to pay to resolve them on your car. Whilst those that hold off a few months get the updated parts in their kit.

Good to see Serpent is sticking to its performance through evolution, but it would be nicer to see the company look after us its "beta testers" when the evolution comes so damn soon after release. ie.. under 2 months
Wow, cool down guys!
We are talking over some little changes in the mould. Most of you will not see the difference.
And sparksy you really feel like a beta tester? I don’t think so. We where trying 2 years long to solve all problems. We don’t have seen any problems at the end of testing. Now many people are driving and some of them have little problems. An upgrade kit is not necessary because it’s only the rear lower wishbone, the body plate and the bumper we will change a little.
So see it as improve for the future. You don’t need to buy it if it did not brake.
Rene C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 03:11 AM   #4023
Tech Master
 
sparksy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisvagas
Posts: 1,951
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

Rene,
I'm cool... I'm not angry about the developement of the car as such. I'm actually 99% happy with the car so far. And very happy that Serpent is on top of any problems with it, real or percieved.

When you mentioned changing the parts I assumed a geometry change, not a mere upgrade of parts/moulding change. And I am definatly not mad that you want to fix any weakness in the car!!!

As for the "Beta testing" remark, I have to say that we are realy. Sure you guys do some extensive testing and R&D with profesional drivers. But its not till you release the product to us monkies that the real world testing happens. The wierd and wonderful things we can do to a car... I would expect us to find more wrong with the car than all your pre production testing. The radiotray mount is a perfect example. (will this be fixed?)
sparksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 03:18 AM   #4024
Tech Fanatic
 
kitracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: hong kong
Posts: 986
Unhappy

I waited and waited. finally bought the car last night.

I hope those upgrades are inexpensive.

Well, look forward to try out the car and post mine comments

At least it is improving

the last thing that I want to see is a company only admit to have problems with the car, 2 years later.

Keep improving Please

Last edited by kitracer; 02-06-2004 at 03:37 AM.
kitracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 03:26 AM   #4025
Tech Fanatic
 
kitracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: hong kong
Posts: 986
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by sparksy
Rene,
As for the "Beta testing" remark, I have to say that we are realy. Sure you guys do some extensive testing and R&D with profesional drivers. But its not till you release the product to us monkies that the real world testing happens. The wierd and wonderful things we can do to a car... I would expect us to find more wrong with the car than all your pre production testing. The radiotray mount is a perfect example. (will this be fixed?)

This remind me of the time I bought the NTC3......
kitracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 03:27 AM   #4026
BG
Tech Addict
 
BG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: OZ
Posts: 530
Default

Rene C when you guys consider the mold changes, think about including an adjustable wheelbase if it is possible. As for the front shock mount change it so that we dont need to pack it with washers so that the shockers dont bind. The front steering nuckles might need a little mold adjusting as well. The inside of the wheel does touch with heavy cornering when using the Ellegi premounted tyres with white generic rims.


What is the problem with the rear bottom arm and the front bumper?

Cheers

Bill Giannitis
BG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 03:44 AM   #4027
Tech Apprentice
 
Rene C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Netherland
Posts: 92
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by BG
Rene C when you guys consider the mold changes, think about including an adjustable wheelbase if it is possible. As for the front shock mount change it so that we dont need to pack it with washers so that the shockers dont bind. The front steering nuckles might need a little mold adjusting as well. The inside of the wheel does touch with heavy cornering when using the Ellegi premounted tyres with white generic rims.


What is the problem with the rear bottom arm and the front bumper?

Cheers

Bill Giannitis


To change the mould that you can adjust the wheelbase would be a big change, we don’t will do such a change. The front bumper has a to hard material. We will change the material and make it a little thicker. So this “problem” should be solved than.
On the lower rear wishbone the pivotball can came out when you have an unlucky hit from behind. That is because the thread of the alu-pivotball’s is shorter than the steel one’s. You can solve this “problem” your own, by putting the steel-pivotball in the wishbone. So more thread is in the wishbone. Than this will not happen any more.
Rene C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 03:53 AM   #4028
Tech Apprentice
 
Pacman25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 75
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Rene C.
The front bumper has a to hard material. We will change the material and make it a little thicker. So this “problem” should be solved than.
On the lower rear wishbone the pivotball can came out when you have an unlucky hit from behind.
It's good to see that the rear wishbone and front bumper weakness will be addressed.
Performance through Evolution !!
Pacman25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 03:57 AM   #4029
Tech Apprentice
 
Pacman25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 75
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by BG
Rene C when you guys consider the mold changes, think about including an adjustable wheelbase if it is possible.
Cheers

Bill Giannitis
The last thing you need bill is something else to adjust.


PS. are you racing on sunday?
Pacman25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 04:04 AM   #4030
Tech Apprentice
 
Pacman25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 75
Default

Rene
Why does the 710 look after its front tyres better than the 705?
I bettered my fastest lap a my local track by 1 sec with the 710 compared to the 705, good job.
Pacman25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 04:13 AM   #4031
BG
Tech Addict
 
BG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: OZ
Posts: 530
Default

Mr Pac

This year i have a commitment to my electric racing. Its unfortunate that the race meetings fall on the same weekend. I will race the sanctioned events in gas racing though. Looking forward to the Adelaide state titles and the Sydney state titles a few weeks later. I have taken time off already so those days have been allocated for me.

What are your thoughts for those meetings are you planning on going?

Cheers Bill Giannitis
BG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 04:19 AM   #4032
Tech Apprentice
 
Pacman25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 75
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by BG
Mr Pac

This year i have a commitment to my electric racing. Its unfortunate that the race meetings fall on the same weekend. I will race the sanctioned events in gas racing though. Looking forward to the Adelaide state titles and the Sydney state titles a few weeks later. I have taken time off already so those days have been allocated for me.

What are your thoughts for those meetings are you planning on going?

Cheers Bill Giannitis
SA maybe, wife want's me home at easter.
Pacman25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 05:12 AM   #4033
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,430
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Young Billy talk a look at my new car.

I like to call it a Mirage, because it's not what it appears.

Craig
__________________
TOP GEAR R/C
EAST COAST HOBBIES
Craig1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 05:33 AM   #4034
Tech Master
 
sparksy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisvagas
Posts: 1,951
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

Got any specifics for us Craig? Or is it still all hush hush?
sparksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 05:54 AM   #4035
Tech Fanatic
 
EVOLUTION's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Everywhere,yet Nowhere!
Posts: 978
Default

Some guys just have the 235mm class in there blood.

Looks like a 710 modified to 1/10 onroad specs with the help of some custom parts or are my eyes playing tricks?

Last edited by EVOLUTION; 02-06-2004 at 06:17 AM.
EVOLUTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Serpent 835 JFCJ R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-20-2005 09:29 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:48 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net