Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 08:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by JoshVilleneuve
without! That's what I said didn't I? I believe I meant without the foam bumber!
OOoops
Sorry my fault....
Old 01-06-2004, 08:25 AM
Tech Adept

Default lola

He said without the foam.He is refering to the upper bumper I think that has the stay there because of down stops.Are you saying that they did not use the wider bumper,just the stock with foam removed?I had thought about laying shocks down and cutting shock tower to clear
Old 01-06-2004, 08:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Yes Rebal, that's exactly right. He also did some trimming of the top bumper plate to allow for the sharply sloping front nose of the lola body, but he did not use the lola bumper. I tell you what the car worked very well for him too he won the main, and they ran with 2 1/8th cale cars also. 10 car main!(with 2 1/8ths)
Old 01-06-2004, 10:36 AM
teo
Tech Initiate

Default Spares

A friend of mine is going to Florida, US tomorrow and will pick up a 710 for me (I'm in freezing Norway!).
I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to give me a list of what I should buy as a starter-spare-kit (f.ex. belts,pulleys,arms maybe some pinions etc.) and part#'s since I can't find a partlist on MyTSN..

Also anyone now of any good shops in Florida who has 710 + spares in stock? (I saw the fastnfurious site which seemed like a really good price)

Thanks!
Old 01-06-2004, 11:30 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Spares

Originally posted by teo
A friend of mine is going to Florida, US tomorrow and will pick up a 710 for me (I'm in freezing Norway!).
I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to give me a list of what I should buy as a starter-spare-kit (f.ex. belts,pulleys,arms maybe some pinions etc.) and part#'s since I can't find a partlist on MyTSN..

Also anyone now of any good shops in Florida who has 710 + spares in stock? (I saw the fastnfurious site which seemed like a really good price)

Thanks!
The part list is the last 2 pages of the Reference Guide, under Downloads

Read back a couple of weeks and see what people are breaking.

Last edited by clmbia45; 01-06-2004 at 12:01 PM.
Old 01-06-2004, 02:08 PM
teo
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: Spares

Originally posted by clmbia45
The part list is the last 2 pages of the Reference Guide, under Downloads

Read back a couple of weeks and see what people are breaking.
You mean at mytsn.com right? Under downloads (@710) I only see a deutch .pdf of the I-Manual??
Old 01-06-2004, 02:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Tao, I recommend Fast N Furious Hobbies or Go Racing Hobbies. Both shops located in Ft Lauderdale on Oakland Park Blvd. ( one is at University and the other at 441). Both have the kits and all the spare parts and the prices are the best around!
Suggest stocking up on the front and rear arms and pivot blocks. I also suggest spare bumper mounts top and bottom!
Hope this helps!
Josh
Old 01-06-2004, 02:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Does anyone know what the two plastic pieces are in the bag D=939?, it in the same bag with the L wrenches
Old 01-06-2004, 02:59 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Spares

Originally posted by teo
You mean at mytsn.com right? Under downloads (@710) I only see a deutch .pdf of the I-Manual??
>Products>Gas Cars>S710 4WD>Downloads>S710 Reference Guide
Old 01-06-2004, 04:11 PM
Tech Regular

Angry

CAN THIS BE TRUE???????

I JUST HEARD THAT THE 710 WAS/IS OUTSOURCED AND IS MADE IN CHINA.

AND NOT ONLY THAT - THE METAL PARTS ARE NOT THE HUDY SPRING STEEL, BUT ARE SOME OTHER MATERIAL/OUTSOURCED SOMEWHERE ELSE.

well, i for one think if this is true Serpent should have told everyone this first since the past impulse/705 line were not this way.

maybe this is why some people are having problems that weren't seen on a serpent car in the past.

can someone from serpent comment??????
Old 01-06-2004, 05:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by treky11
CAN THIS BE TRUE???????

AND NOT ONLY THAT - THE METAL PARTS ARE NOT THE HUDY SPRING STEEL, BUT ARE SOME OTHER MATERIAL/OUTSOURCED SOMEWHERE ELSE.

well, i for one think if this is true Serpent should have told everyone this first since the past impulse/705 line were not this way.

maybe this is why some people are having problems that weren't seen on a serpent car in the past.

can someone from serpent comment??????

Old 01-06-2004, 05:58 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by rcjayy
Does anyone know what the two plastic pieces are in the bag D=939?, it in the same bag with the L wrenches
I believe they are the 710 starter box mounts specially for the Serpent starter box 1400 or the newer 1400G.
Old 01-06-2004, 06:01 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Pyramid
What does it means? more trouble? or reflecting the people personality? if you like to talk much go get kyosho at least that what couple of those mtx guys think of us here..
Perhaps in more detail to your survey, we should count the number of useful replies versus useless ones...

Just for the sake of arguing, we should still take into account when the thread was started. Of course if a thread was started 2 or even 3 years ago, more people would have visited and more would have replied too.
Old 01-06-2004, 06:12 PM
Tech Prophet

Woow, stirring up problems again? What if some of the parts were indeed made in China? I don't see the point where this is getting to. Perhaps we should put VW or Chevrolet into the dock for putting manufacturing plants in China and Thailand respectively !

Of course they are NOT. If you have read earlier on in mytsn forums or even here, some of us demanded that it would be good if Hudy spring steel parts were included and bundled in the 710 kit. Well, Serpent did not hear us on this one and decided to keep the price down by putting the normal steel ones. Still, I believe Julius mentioned that the stock steel parts in the 710 are better than previous stock steel parts in the 705 / Impulse. So does this mean "China outsourcing" (if any of this is ever true to begin with) has made the product better?

What problems are these you are referring to?
Old 01-06-2004, 06:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

CAN THIS BE TRUE???????

Relax, we buy their car, we not attending to buy their company.
I hope its true... completely performance through evolution.

Wake up, this is global world. All European Company now suffers as the Euro is going stronger and stronger against the others.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.