Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Of course, we're talking about mere mortal racers against unlimited factory sponsored drivers here ! I guess it's just a case of one man's meat, another man's poison !
You got it! I rest my case ...
Old 01-26-2004, 08:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

(snip) Ummm, this one rule perhaps has it's reasons... I read somewhere or I am told by someone that in large IFMAR races, the built in fail safe in the Tx must be switched off. They prefer having to rely on dicipline and regulation of radio compound to avoid frequency clashes.

Well, if shit happens (we know this happens at almost all races regardless of radio compounds) and a car glitches because of a frequency clash or something else, they prefer the car to continue glitching and perhaps chances that the driver is still able to control his car on the track than to have his car stop dead in the middle of the track and causing other accidents. That's one way of looking at it and if I'm not mistaken, IFMAR (or even ROAR) sees the same angle too. Can anyone confirm this?
There is no where in any of the IFMAR Racing Rules that it states what you have said. All radios must be tested and approved in scrutineering before any IFMAR event but no where does it state that PCM can not be used.

You can check for yourself if you like the full IFMAR rules for running events and rules for all classes can be downloaded from the IFMAR web site at http://members.ozemail.com.au/~ifmar/

Cheers Alastair
Old 01-26-2004, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Any of you guys have trouble w/ the rear body posts on the 710 not fitting on the protoform mazda6 body? They seem to fall on the part where the wing goes.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:58 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by crashed_1
How'd your test go today @ the tracks?
I had a short test this morning. I'll try to pen it down.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:02 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Pit-racer
Any of you guys have trouble w/ the rear body posts on the 710 not fitting on the protoform mazda6 body? They seem to fall on the part where the wing goes.
Ummm, any pics? The manual suggest that the body post be installed from the back side of the shock tower. Have you tried mounting the body post on the other side? Perhaps if you install the rear body post the other way around, it would clear the mounting position of the wings...
Old 01-26-2004, 09:04 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Plus get a little more creative with the track layout too.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:05 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by quozl
There is no where in any of the IFMAR Racing Rules that it states what you have said. All radios must be tested and approved in scrutineering before any IFMAR event but no where does it state that PCM can not be used.
Alastair, thanks for the confirmation.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:07 AM
Tech Regular

Ummm, any pics? The manual suggest that the body post be installed from the back side of the shock tower. Have you tried mounting the body post on the other side? Perhaps if you install the rear body post the other way around, it would clear the mounting position of the wings...
I'm running a TL 8080 Alfa 156 body and had to put the posts on the front of the tower. Doesn't quite clear the wing, but does allow enough room to reach the body clips.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

I've tried that already. I did put the post on the other side and it still catches the wing bump. I will post pics later when my camera returns.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by clmbia45
I'm running a TL 8080 Alfa 156 body and had to put the posts on the front of the tower. Doesn't quite clear the wing, but does allow enough room to reach the body clips.
I luv the losi alfa on my 705......the 710 posts are more rear of the car than the 705.
Old 01-26-2004, 11:11 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Suitable Synthesized Receivers

Originally posted by FTSPEEDWAY
I used the novak synthesised rx and it fit fine. I myself did not have any problems with the rx but i hav heard others complaining about it, so you may want to do research on it before you go spend 200 bucks on an rx and tx module. Also the jr synthesised rx DOES NOT fit.
Thanks for the info FTSPEEDWAY, am I right in thinking that you can use the Synthesized receiver without the tx module?
Old 01-26-2004, 12:47 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

IFMAR and ROAR both DO NOT have any rule that bans pcm, in fact ROAR would be looking the other way on the saftey side and runnaway.. that rule would have been infoced by a track and is in itself stupid.. to say that a radio that shuts down in trouble area and may savehundreads of dollars and a possible injury would be a bad thing.. come on now... and on a second note, I am with mr salvin, i do not turn on the failsafe, i use the pcm part but leave the failsafe off, i will chase the glitch and stay in the race, the biggest part of that deal is a low battery shutdown, were you could of limped the last 5 minutes, with gentel input from the controler...
Old 01-26-2004, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by kreidel
I would much rather drive around a dead car then try to avoid a car glitching . Atleast the dead car isnt moving and you can account for it, whereas the uncontrollable car you have no way of knowing what it is doing.
Old 01-26-2004, 05:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by ammdrew
and on a second note, I am with mr salvin, i do not turn on the failsafe, i use the pcm part but leave the failsafe off, i will chase the glitch and stay in the race, the biggest part of that deal is a low battery shutdown, were you could of limped the last 5 minutes, with gentel input from the controler...
Ummm, perhaps I read that info from you then ! I knew I read it from somewhere but could not picture where I got it from.
Old 01-26-2004, 05:24 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Pit-racer
I luv the losi alfa on my 705......the 710 posts are more rear of the car than the 705.
Say clmbia45 / Pit-racer, is the new Protoform Alfa 2.1 the same as the Losi Alfa handling wise?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.