Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 07:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Pit-racer
Pics as promised
way too cool man...nice paint job there...this is mine if can attached here....the front hole a bit too high on the roof but i still can't figure out where to make the correct hole...

The body after 45minutes A main..hehehhe rough day
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-710front2s.jpg  
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by jfc_tech
way too cool man...nice paint job there...this is mine if can attached here....the front hole a bit too high on the roof but i still can't figure out where to make the correct hole...
Team Serpent USA cuts a low as possible hole in the front screen as the main cooling hole. A second small hole is cut for refueling.

I thought I read it from ammdrew that the lower main cooling hole gives better stability and rigidness to the bodyshell.
FTSPEEDWAY

Default Re: Re: Re: Suitable Synthesized Receivers

Originally posted by Diesel Racer
Thanks for the info FTSPEEDWAY, am I right in thinking that you can use the Synthesized receiver without the tx module?
Yes you can use the rx without the radio module, but there really is no point of it. My opinion is that if you have the synth rx and a regular tx module then you still have to buy radio crystals and i dont know any company that just sells radio crystals. If you plan on buying the tx module in the future the synth rx is not a bad idea. I love mine nice and small plenty of channels, nice easy turndial. you cant beat it

Old 01-26-2004, 07:26 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by InitialD
Team Serpent USA cuts a low as possible hole in the front screen as the main cooling hole. A second small hole is cut for refueling.

I thought I read it from ammdrew that the lower main cooling hole gives better stability and rigidness to the bodyshell.
you mean two holes are allowed? No wonder i saw this rules in the Kuching International open race regulation that they email us.

ok...anyone got a picture for this...right in front of the windscreen so i can copy it. i don't wish to mess hole..too expensive to cover it back...if i can
Old 01-26-2004, 07:46 PM
Tech Prophet

ok...anyone got a picture for this...right in front of the windscreen so i can copy it. i don't wish to mess hole..too expensive to cover it back...if i can
Have you seen my reply to your post? At the bottom of page 114.
Old 01-26-2004, 07:57 PM
Tech Champion

Have you seen my reply to your post? At the bottom of page 114.
i got it thanks...so its ok to have a hole on the rooftoop. some says affecte the aerodynamic of the body...but my BIGGER hole also on the top...still no difference to me...hehehhe

thanks D.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:06 PM
Tech Addict

Can anyone here comment on the big wing effect of the Alfa 2.1? I can feel that it's like a parachute vs using the stratus 1. Thanks.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:09 PM
Tech Prophet

i got it thanks...so its ok to have a hole on the rooftoop. some says affecte the aerodynamic of the body...but my BIGGER hole also on the top...still no difference to me...hehehhe
The hole at the rooftop meant for refueling is small. About 20 mm in diameter in accordance to the rules. Therefore, it should not affect aerodynamics that much.

In my opinion, you will really feel the aerodynamics of the bodyshell when you drive the car at high speed tracks. Else if it's a small track layout (like it will be in Kuching), you will probably not feel the aerodynamic differences. My 2 cents.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:13 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by TitaniumR
Can anyone here comment on the big wing effect of the Alfa 2.1? I can feel that it's like a parachute vs using the stratus 1. Thanks.
TitaniumR, that's what I noticed too ! Not just the looks but when I tried a friend's Protoform Alfa 2.1 when I did not have a bodyshell on my 710, the car felt REALLY stable and it was kinda difficult to make the car take corners. In short, it was understeering. First impressions, I did not like it. Perhaps my friend needs to trim the rear wings a little more. I put on the Stratus 2.1 and I was happy. Stable and at the same time I had steering.

One of these days, I'll give another go with the Alfa 2.1 since it was given FOC at the SAC race.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

I tried them both and perfer the losi alfa over the protoforms.Losi offered me more stable speeds on straights and corners.
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-110-1054_img.jpg  
Old 01-26-2004, 08:21 PM
Tech Champion

TitaniumR, that's what I noticed too ! Not just the looks but when I tried a friend's Protoform Alfa 2.1 when I did not have a bodyshell on my 710, the car felt REALLY stable and it was kinda difficult to make the car take corners. In short, it was understeering. First impressions, I did not like it. Perhaps my friend needs to trim the rear wings a little more. I put on the Stratus 2.1 and I was happy. Stable and at the same time I had steering.

One of these days, I'll give another go with the Alfa 2.1 since it was given FOC at the SAC race.
funny, with my Protoform Alfa 2.1, as the attachement, i found out steering is too much...but i did trim the wing on top and below and two holes in the middle and with two addn. strips for stability. i haven't tried GP stratus 2.0 on my 710 though.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

I think you followed the main cutting lines on the wing. I suggest you use the smaller line for cutting ... it's marked as "ROAR" if you look closely at the sides of the wing. Follow this line through around the back too.

That's my preference for this body though so you'll need to try it at your own rick.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
I think you followed the main cutting lines on the wing. I suggest you use the smaller line for cutting ... it's marked as "ROAR" if you look closely at the sides of the wing. Follow this line through around the back too.

That's my preference for this body though so you'll need to try it at your own rick.
Yep, thats what i did...i followed the marked "ROAR".

ok, here my 710 kit picture after 14 tanks (RS5 STS=6 tanks, Nova Max P5=8 tanks run-in)
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-710fronts.jpg  
Old 01-26-2004, 08:40 PM
Tech Champion

the two blue countersunk washer is for my personal transponder. nicely fit....
don't ask about the GS sticker...it was on my starterbox...but u may ask about my TRF car
Old 01-26-2004, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Can't stop ......
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-112-1209_img.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.