Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 06:19 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Dark_Horse_Yeah
Hi im from Aussie here we race on very grippy tracks and i always have a problem of traction rolling with the 710 has any1 got any suggestions plz it would be a big help.
After trying out and exhausting harder shore front tires, harder front springs and harder sway bars, try lowering the car and use smaller tires like what ammdrew mentioned. Less camber in the front tires also help. Also minimal droop (i.e. higher positive numbers on the droop gauge) in the front and rear is better if your track is grippy.

You could also try highest front roll center by NOT using any shims under the front upper arms.
Old 11-17-2004, 06:22 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by rcpanama
Thanks for the help I am using the Alfa 2.1
If you have the chance, try Mazda 6 and cut the rear wing smaller (to legal size). More neutral.

How is the rear wing on the Alfa 2.1. Did you cut it down to legal size (small) or did you leave it big?
Old 11-17-2004, 06:25 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Julius, have you experimented with the small holes that you can cut out of some wings? I'm told these are for high-speed also ...
I tried cutting slotted holes in the Mazda 6 rear wing as indicated in the cutouts on the rear wing itself. It gave less rear down force of course and did make the car a little taily but I actually cannot conclusively give a summary on handling as I did not have much time with it until that rear wing self destructed ! It takes a lot of time just to cut those slots in the rear wing.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Other than that, the only other thing that comes into my mind is to claim warranty from Uncle Crash.
I got a spare...will past it to you.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:14 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by crashed_1
I got a spare...will past it to you.
Thanks.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:29 PM
Tech Adept

If you have the chance, try Mazda 6 and cut the rear wing smaller (to legal size). More neutral.

How is the rear wing on the Alfa 2.1. Did you cut it down to legal size (small) or did you leave it big?
I Leave it Big
Old 11-17-2004, 08:28 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by rcpanama
I Leave it Big
Try cutting it small according to the ROAR cut out. Better in the long high speed sweapers.
Old 11-17-2004, 11:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey yeh my car is traction rolling before the corner how do i stop this before the corner and going into the corner its fine mid corner and out of corner
Old 11-17-2004, 11:43 PM

Hey yeh my car is traction rolling before the corner how do i stop this before the corner and going into the corner its fine mid corner and out of corner
Suggestions are already covered above.. All I may add, either driver it harder within entry and corner exits or driver it slower (understeer the car more).
Old 11-18-2004, 12:00 AM
Tech Elite

I tried cutting slotted holes in the Mazda 6 rear wing as indicated in the cutouts on the rear wing itself. It gave less rear down force of course and did make the car a little taily but I actually cannot conclusively give a summary on handling as I did not have much time with it until that rear wing self destructed ! It takes a lot of time just to cut those slots in the rear wing.
Well, it does look fiddly to cut and if you say it wasn't that conclusive then it maybe isn't that useful to cut.

Old 11-18-2004, 12:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Well, it does look fiddly to cut and if you say it wasn't that conclusive then it maybe isn't that useful to cut.

Leave it. It weakens the wings too. A bad flip would break the joints...

Sow, we got a race coming up this 28 @ Titi. Can you convince D to bring his DV?...
Old 11-18-2004, 12:36 AM
Tech Prophet

Leave it. It weakens the wings too. A bad flip would break the joints...
Yeah, you saw how I had to use gum and what not to mend me ugly shell...

Hey, race is coming... I've got an unpainted Mazda 6 bodyshell ready to have your signature paint on it...

One set of NEW ELLEGI foam tires waiting for you... Besides, I think I need the extra weight from the shell.

Sow, we got a race coming up this 28 @ Titi. Can you convince D to bring his DV?...
Then what does D do then during race day? Stand beside the sidelines taping and not race? That is if D has a DV to begin with !
Old 11-18-2004, 12:48 AM
Tech Prophet

For other additional tips, you could refer to the 710 setup bible included with the kit. See chart on page 33 for trouble shooting and fine tuning since you already know that the car traction rolls while entering the corner.
Old 11-18-2004, 12:49 AM
Tech Addict

Default Vids of racing

I have found some vids of the event i just raced at if anyone intrested

http://www.nzrca.co.nz/ go here and click news and you will find a link to the vids

P.S mine is the black/pink car!

there not very long but u get the picture!
Old 11-18-2004, 12:55 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Vids of racing

Originally posted by Brett.w
I have found some vids of the event i just raced at if anyone intrested

http://www.nzrca.co.nz/ go here and click news and you will find a link to the vids

P.S mine is the black/pink car!

there not very long but u get the picture!
Aaah ... good old cark park racing! Can't beat the challenge of ever-changing track for racing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.