R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2004, 09:16 AM   #17311
Tech Fanatic
 
Julius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Amsterdam Netherlands
Posts: 978
Default Re: Re: Diff

Quote:
Originally posted by pelos
Did you already try longer pins? How did you manage to mount them on 10x15 steering block bearings?
You can only use longer pins on the inside. Even when running a one way front I don't reccomend using longer pins.
__________________
Team Serpent, Xceed, Sanwa, LRP
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 09:17 AM   #17312
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: New Pipes !

Quote:
Originally posted by Picard
Sow I get 6 mins with the max pipe
6 should be good enough.
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 11:27 AM   #17313
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 251
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Pipes !

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
6 should be good enough.
Hi,

I run 6,5 min with the Max engine and pipe.

For modified engines runtime between 5 and 6,5 mins is normal.
When itīs over tuned you wonīt make 5 min on one tank. When the engine isnīt modified you mostly have runtime between 6 and 8 mins.

When you modify the engine yourself try to make the engine capable of driving between 5,5 and 6,5 mins, unless you modify it for a special track.

During the last two races of the Dutch national championship there were Serpent team drivers using the new Mega's.
It had enough power and runtime was impressive, 7,5 min!
They ran it right out of the box.
When they modify this engine you will have an atomic bomb. Itīs a bomb allready

Bye Thomas
840918001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 11:32 AM   #17314
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: HOUSTON,TEXAS
Posts: 589
Default NEW PRODUCTS

SERPENT USA IS THE CARRIER OF 3RACINGS PRODUCTS AND PMB PRODUCTS.......CHOCO
SERPENTFREAK69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 08:27 PM   #17315
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Michael Salven's Car in Brazil !

Did anybody notice the new orange part on the front of his car? I guess it's to make the car heavier.

InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 08:36 PM   #17316
Tech Fanatic
 
Picard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: "Make it so"
Posts: 759
Default Re: Michael Salven's Car in Brazil !

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Did anybody notice the new orange part on the front of his car? I guess it's to make the car heavier.

WOW...

How good does that car look

I have not seen those oarts as yet?

Julius are they going to be released as an optional part?
Picard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 08:39 PM   #17317
Tech Fanatic
 
Picard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: "Make it so"
Posts: 759
Default Re: Re: Diff

Quote:
Originally posted by pelos
Did you already try longer pins? How did you manage to mount them on 10x15 steering block bearings?




Exactly...I just read it on mytsn and I have got my hands on some today to use on the weekend.

I am only using the longer pins for the rear, on the diff outdrive sides (left and Right). Will let you know how it goes for wear
Picard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 10:23 PM   #17318
Tech Fanatic
 
redsand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Chicane.
Posts: 855
Send a message via Yahoo to redsand
Default

I think the orange part is a reactive caster adjustment. So the hinge pin can be positioned flat (normal), tilted forward (less caster when turning) and tilted backward. (correct me if im wrong).
redsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 10:27 PM   #17319
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by redsand
I think the orange part is a reactive caster adjustment. So the hinge pin can be positioned flat (normal), tilted forward (less caster when turning) and tilted backward. (correct me if im wrong).
Reactive caster? Hope Julius can enlighten us more on this if it's true indeed.

But looking at the caster setup, he has used very little with the smallest shim (1 mm) in the front of the upper front arm. Obviously to get more turn in.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 10:36 PM   #17320
Tech Fanatic
 
redsand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Chicane.
Posts: 855
Send a message via Yahoo to redsand
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Reactive caster? Hope Julius can enlighten us more on this if it's true indeed.

But looking at the caster setup, he has used very little with the smallest shim (1 mm) in the front of the upper front arm. Obviously to get more turn in.
that might not be a reactive caster adjustment. i've looked more closely and there isnt any adjustment hole visible.

the hinge pin does look tilted forward though.

btw, i'm sure it isnt some eye candy option part. there must be a good reason for using that stuff.
redsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 11:29 PM   #17321
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: TEXAS. USA
Posts: 1,219
Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default Re: Michael Salven's Car in Brazil !

Helloooooooo


Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Did anybody notice the new orange part on the front of his car? I guess it's to make the car heavier.

Hehehehe........probably

Also whats with the rear body post??
PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 11:39 PM   #17322
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Michael Salven's Car in Brazil !

Quote:
Originally posted by PUNISHER
Helloooooooo




Hehehehe........probably

Also whats with the rear body post??
I think Julius said it was to help support the rear body during refuling.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 11:57 PM   #17323
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Michael Salven's Car in Brazil !

Quote:
Originally posted by PUNISHER
Also whats with the rear body post??
Hey Punisher, what's cooking? Where have you been missing?

Yeah, Mark is correct about the rear additional post. The way they refuel is to grab the cable tie from behind the car through the rear opening of the rear windscreen of the bodyshell with one hand while the other hand refuels with a fuel bottle or fuel gun.

When you grab the car with one hand by picking up the cable tie that connects to the fuel cap, the bottom part of the arm will bend the rear part of the bodyshell. The additional rear post helps the rear part of the bodyshell remain in shape. I think it will also be helpful if you ever get accidently rear ended by somebody else. Prevents the bodyshell from getting stuck under the wheels.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 11:59 PM   #17324
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by redsand
btw, i'm sure it isnt some eye candy option part. there must be a good reason for using that stuff.
Weight addition is a good enough reason I think... (j/k)
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 12:06 AM   #17325
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: TEXAS. USA
Posts: 1,219
Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Michael Salven's Car in Brazil !

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Hey Punisher, what's cooking? Where have you been missing?
Hey D,
Been around just been quite and busy until now.
Also enjoying my new r/c car...HPI Pro4.


Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD

Yeah, Mark is correct about the rear additional post. The way they refuel is to grab the cable tie from behind the car through the rear opening of the rear windscreen of the bodyshell with one hand while the other hand refuels with a fuel bottle or fuel gun.

When you grab the car with one hand by picking up the cable tie that connects to the fuel cap, the bottom part of the arm will bend the rear part of the bodyshell. The additional rear post helps the rear part of the bodyshell remain in shape. I think it will also be helpful if you ever get accidently rear ended by somebody else. Prevents the bodyshell from getting stuck under the wheels.
Aahh...I.C
I thought it would be for more weight.

Also just notice the front ball diff.......cool.
PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Serpent 835 JFCJ R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-20-2005 09:29 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:31 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net