Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 06:35 AM
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by rwisejr
I think Glenn is using one on his 710 maybe he will repost his pic.
I was just reading his article on how to wire the switch and charging jack. It is on a 705, whilst it helps me understand what is required i'd like to see if he has a pic of the 710.
Old 05-08-2004, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: New Serpent Owner

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
You're THE man!

I've decided that I'm going to start rebuilding my 710 first instead of my 705. I'll post my progress there as it moves along ... hopefully share some useful tips with everyone.
Sow&Steady, all I can say is 705 GTP! The conversion is coming The temptation of the darkside is strong!
Old 05-08-2004, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Default Saturday surpise!

The surprise being that it is dry!!!

Went to the track to get my 710 through its second run, but it was unfortunately cut short I blew my centax thrust bearing Oh man! Not really sure what I did wrong I'm just taking some bits now from my 705 so I can rebuild the 710's centax. I'll be following Glenn's article to the letter and hopefully this time it'll work ok.

The time wasn't completely wasted as I got my engine running pretty well, so if it is dry tomorrow I'll at least not have to concentrate on engine tuning.

It's been a bad couple of days - the Surikarn took some bad damage last night - I've know idea how, but the underneath of the chassis got damaged whilst I ran a few laps. I have crash or two, but nothing which was so bad And then the camber link worked its way loose and the car flew at full speed against the wall Fortunately no damage, just lost a couple of spacers which where under the camber link.

Hopefully I've got rid of my bad luck and tomorrow will turn out to be a good day

Cheers, Mark.
Old 05-08-2004, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Serpent Owner

Originally posted by markp27
Sow&Steady, all I can say is 705 GTP! The conversion is coming The temptation of the darkside is strong!
Yeap ... when I get to the 705 it'll be re-kitted for GTP.
Old 05-08-2004, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by rwisejr
Marcos Goodluck and bring home the prize.I wanted to try my monos out today but of course some people made other plans for me namely my son who has a basketball game today so I won't make the track.You know mothers Day is tomorrow plus the weather is going to be crappy.
im taking my step-daughter to her soccer game today but will be racing tomorow with some fresh monotuning tires that i got in the mail and the weather down here should be awesome!!!
Old 05-08-2004, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Saturday surpise!

The surprise being that it is dry!!!

Went to the track to get my 710 through its second run, but it was unfortunately cut short I blew my centax thrust bearing Oh man! Not really sure what I did wrong I'm just taking some bits now from my 705 so I can rebuild the 710's centax. I'll be following Glenn's article to the letter and hopefully this time it'll work ok.

The time wasn't completely wasted as I got my engine running pretty well, so if it is dry tomorrow I'll at least not have to concentrate on engine tuning.

It's been a bad couple of days - the Surikarn took some bad damage last night - I've know idea how, but the underneath of the chassis got damaged whilst I ran a few laps. I have crash or two, but nothing which was so bad And then the camber link worked its way loose and the car flew at full speed against the wall Fortunately no damage, just lost a couple of spacers which where under the camber link.

Hopefully I've got rid of my bad luck and tomorrow will turn out to be a good day

Cheers, Mark.
wow! You've had an eventful weekend already!

As for the centax bearing ... I've been lucky. Maybe I'll run the 710 tomorrow if its dry. Only after that start the rebuilding.
Old 05-08-2004, 07:26 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

It is, Marcos - difficult to say as the engine I had in my 705 really didn't perform so well It seems to be reasonably good, but the TP06 is a lot better
thats the pipe that i have on my 710 now(TP04) and it performs very well , i'm going to try the tp06 soon with my new motor thats on its way
Old 05-08-2004, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Saturday surpise!

wow! You've had an eventful weekend already!

As for the centax bearing ... I've been lucky. Maybe I'll run the 710 tomorrow if its dry. Only after that start the rebuilding.
Take a look at the thrust bearing first - mine seemed to have no grease left on it. I should have checked it after my run-in
Old 05-08-2004, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Serpent Owner

Yeap ... when I get to the 705 it'll be re-kitted for GTP.
Koool! My order is already in for my 705 GTP conversion - I've ordered a Lola shell, too.

Maybe we should all turn up at MACH Heemstede and make, like what D says, an impromptu RCTECH-Serpent Worlds - sounds good to me
Old 05-08-2004, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Which Hudy gauges are you referring to?
Hudy setup system gauges only though,
Old 05-08-2004, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Profoxcg
Hudy setup system gauges only though,
I don't think Hudy are modifying the part number for the modified setup system (# 108250) - but it only takes about 5 mins to modify the original system, if you have a dremel.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 05-08-2004, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: New Serpent Owner

Originally posted by B4
Hi All,

I'm going to become a proud Serpent 710 owner in a couple of days. I've pushed the Kyosho V-One-RR Evo as far as it will go and got sick of having to get hop up's that the manufacturer should have thought of.

Is there anything I should pay special attention to during the building of the Serpent. I have ordered the locking pins for the front diff and also the ball diff. I have adapted my driving style to suit a oneway. Any thoughts on what is the best drive configuration for the front. By the way we have a reasonably open track with fast entry and exit to the straight.
Check out the FAQ which is in my signature line at the bottom of this post - there are lots of tips there in getting the building process just right.

If your track is grippy and doesn't have any corners for which you have to brake heavily, then a one-way is the way to go. If the track is slippy or has little grip, then the diff - but it is still questionable whether or not you'd be quicker with the diff - it just makes it easier.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 05-08-2004, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Default Centax

Ok, followed Glens notes to the letter - will be keeping an eye on the grease in the thrust bearing from now on Seem ok after build - left the clutch gap at 0.7mm and about 0.1mm end-play. The clutch bell spins for 5 seconds with everthing in place and greased - seems ok

Cheers, Mark.
Old 05-08-2004, 08:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Marcos.S710
im taking my step-daughter to her soccer game today but will be racing tomorow with some fresh monotuning tires that i got in the mail and the weather down here should be awesome!!!

Great I ordered some more the otherday and they should be here in a day or 2.Hope its nice tomorrow so I can sneak out to get some playtime.
Old 05-08-2004, 09:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by B4
I was just reading his article on how to wire the switch and charging jack. It is on a 705, whilst it helps me understand what is required i'd like to see if he has a pic of the 710.

Hi B4!

Here is the article that shows how/where I mounted the KO Propo Electrical Switch on my 710:
http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publ.asp?pid=9658&ccid=9

IMPORTANT NOTE on the 60224 KO Propo Electrical Switch:
This switch draws current (5mA/6V) from the battery even when the switch is turned off. When turned on the switch draws 7mA/6V. When you are finished racing for the day, unplug the battery from the switch... otherwise the battery will be sucked dry in a few days.

Feel free to browse through my other articles at:
http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publlist.asp?cid=869&ccid=9
Most of the more recent articles are targetted at helping people with various aspects of building the S710, but they can be applied to other cars.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.