Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 12:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Yeah. There's been a power tussle with Onkel Sow and myself and as such that Mark comes in now and then to try and take advantage and swoosh it from us too.
oh no, the dark lord has seen through my plan
Old 10-25-2004, 12:19 AM
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by markp27
oh no, the dark lord has seen through my plan
Ah I see the ring is working then.
Old 10-25-2004, 12:20 AM
Tech Elite

Crashed_1 is a woozie. So he ALWAYS uses a front ball diff.

Well wozzies apart, crashes car is one of the most stable and FASTEST on the track !
Very interesting - certainly from my experience of the solid, I would say my car was quicker on my track with the soild

I'm currently using it also with the 2.5 mm rear sway bar.
Is the "it" a diff? If so, is it set tight?
Old 10-25-2004, 12:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by B4
Ah I see the ring is working then.
Also D sometimes "drops" a false ring - gets Sow and myself into lots of trouble when we try to use it
Old 10-25-2004, 12:25 AM
Tech Prophet

Also D sometimes "drops" a false ring - gets Sow and myself into lots of trouble when we try to use it
Decoys ! The problem is I sometimes get them mixed up ! Must be an age thingy...
Old 10-25-2004, 12:29 AM
Tech Prophet

Very interesting - certainly from my experience of the solid, I would say my car was quicker on my track with the soild
Yeah. Especially on your track, a car equipped with a JP FX engine and a good braking would be advantages. You can swoosh here and there very quickly with late braking.

Is the "it" a diff? If so, is it set tight?
No. "It" was referring to the solid front axle.

The rear diff is set reasonably tight. Slightly tighter than I would with a oneway.
Old 10-25-2004, 12:36 AM
Tech Prophet

I was also using the thickest rear anti-roll bar, no front, red springs all round, front shock lain down and rears stood up.
Is that the 3 mm roll bar you were using?

I tried playing about with the diff tightness and I seemed to get even more steering on and off power (which doesn't really concur with the bible!?!?)
I may need to test out the rear diff and tighten them to see if my findings are the same as yours with the solid front.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:19 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah. Especially on your track, a car equipped with a JP FX engine and a good braking would be advantages. You can swoosh here and there very quickly with late braking.
Yeah, even the Moogies were commenting on my swooshing - eat dust man

No. "It" was referring to the solid front axle.

The rear diff is set reasonably tight. Slightly tighter than I would with a oneway.
I would be interested to hear if your findings with the tightened rear diff are the same as mine - it seemed to make a big difference for me
Old 10-25-2004, 01:20 AM
Tech Elite

Is that the 3 mm roll bar you were using?

I may need to test out the rear diff and tighten them to see if my findings are the same as yours with the solid front.
Yep, the 3mm Yeah, let me know what you find.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:49 AM
Tech Elite

Do you run a solid front or the diff, crashed? If so, how do they compare...better off power turn in and worse on power, with the diff?
On the kind of tracks we run on, the choices are either the solid or diff....I've run the solid on several occasions and find them really nice, but I suffer off power steering badly on medium speed to high speed corners. On power is NICE though. Very stable and the car straightens out really quickly. The diffs are the ones I'm most comfortable with as they give me very nice and neutral handling on most of the corners we have on our local track. Unlike the solids, off power steering is very easily managed and clipping the apex is much easier...on power the car tends to slide out a little though, but i'm trying a stiffer rear roll bar setup which helps a little plus a very stiff front diff. One ways are a NO NO for me now...not on the kinda circuits we run on. I'm using Rene's PreWorlds setup on my car and i find it to be very neutral...which kinda suit my driving style at the moment...
Old 10-25-2004, 01:52 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by crashed_1
One ways are a NO NO for me now...not on the kinda circuits we run on.
Woozie !
Old 10-25-2004, 01:53 AM
Tech Elite

Woozie !
Old 10-25-2004, 01:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by crashed_1
On the kind of tracks we run on, the choices are either the solid or diff....I've run the solid on several occasions and find them really nice, but I suffer off power steering badly on medium speed to high speed corners. On power is NICE though. Very stable and the car straightens out really quickly. The diffs are the ones I'm most comfortable with as they give me very nice and neutral handling on most of the corners we have on our local track. Unlike the solids, off power steering is very easily managed and clipping the apex is much easier...on power the car tends to slide out a little though, but i'm trying a stiffer rear roll bar setup which helps a little plus a very stiff front diff. One ways are a NO NO for me now...not on the kinda circuits we run on. I'm using Rene's PreWorlds setup on my car and i find it to be very neutral...which kinda suit my driving style at the moment...
Thanks for the info. I'm more consistant with the soild versus the one-way. My track only has two braking points, but one is from 70kph down to almost 0 and it is very easy to loose control under braking - no such problems with the solid.

I'd be interested if you would try stiffening the rear diiff, what difference it would make to off power steering - seemed to work for me.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:58 AM
Tech Elite

Woozie !
I will have to do some timed laps to compare the solid with the one-way, as I fear that with the solid, it may appear faster, but may turn out to be slower
Old 10-25-2004, 02:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Woozie !
you running one-way this saturday?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.