R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2004, 12:47 AM   #17281
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: Interesting info

Quote:
Originally posted by B4
Anyone notice how far back the rear wing is positioned.
Also notice the rear wing is split at the side - now it could be due to an accident, but it could also be deliberate to reduce the drag at higher speeds - I've noticed this on a few cars.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 12:51 AM   #17282
Tech Adept
 
Schrijver99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Near Serpent (grrrr)
Posts: 247
Default Re: Friday Pics Frenzy !

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
The spotlight is in BRAZIIIL !

D where (how) did you get the pic?
I looked on the ROAR site but didn't find anything.
Schrijver99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 12:59 AM   #17283
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Friday Pics Frenzy !

Quote:
Originally posted by Schrijver99
D where (how) did you get the pic?
I looked on the ROAR site but didn't find anything.
Starting Grid
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 01:01 AM   #17284
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Interesting info

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Also notice the rear wing is split at the side - now it could be due to an accident, but it could also be deliberate to reduce the drag at higher speeds - I've noticed this on a few cars.
Woow ! That means my shell is really drag free !
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 01:05 AM   #17285
Tech Adept
 
Schrijver99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Near Serpent (grrrr)
Posts: 247
Default Re: Re: Re: Friday Pics Frenzy !

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Starting Grid
Thx, and sorry didn't see the previous post with the link.
Schrijver99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 01:09 AM   #17286
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Interesting info

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Woow ! That means my shell is really drag free !
Just one of the many excuses from my "Oh no, it is supposed to be like that" book
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 01:14 AM   #17287
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Interesting info

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Woow ! That means my shell is really drag free !
Is it my old eyes or in the newer pic of MS's car, is the wing also split, but not as much - this could be an interesting tuning device on fast circuits.
Remember when F1 had flexible wings, i.e. the rear wing post would bend back at high speed, therefore reducing the drag - sometimes it bent so far back that it fell off I think it was Martin Brundle who fell foul of this in testing at Barcelona @ almost 300kph - not nice!!!
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 01:35 AM   #17288
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Interesting info

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Is it my old eyes or in the newer pic of MS's car, is the wing also split, but not as much - this could be an interesting tuning device on fast circuits.
True. Don't know if it's my old eyes too but I think I see a split too.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 01:40 AM   #17289
Tech Fanatic
 
Picard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: "Make it so"
Posts: 759
Default Diff

G'day

I just noticed my rear diff outdrives are stuffed, it seems the pin on the dogbone has been wearing them out for some time.
Looks to me like the pins on the dogbone is not long enough, due to a little wear on the pin, has started eating at the diff outdrives. What dogbones is everyone using? and has anyone else had this problem.
Picard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 01:51 AM   #17290
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Diff

Quote:
Originally posted by Picard
What dogbones is everyone using? and has anyone else had this problem.
I'm using same stock dogbones. I think if you're using the Hudy springsteel Impact dogbones, you'd also have this problem. I believe a few already had this problem.

Per-Ola mentioned that the steel pins should be longer. Stock is 9.7 mm and longer by 2 mm is better.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 01:56 AM   #17291
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default New Pipes !

Has anyone noticed that mytsn released two new NovaMega inline pipes?

2176 - Pipe-set M12 Inline-poli E-2602
2178 - Pipe-set M12 Inline-polished Outlaw

What are their differences compared to the TP06? Anyone tried them already? They looked the same as the one NovaMax has.

InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 02:05 AM   #17292
Tech Fanatic
 
Picard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: "Make it so"
Posts: 759
Default Re: Re: Diff

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
I'm using same stock dogbones. I think if you're using the Hudy springsteel Impact dogbones, you'd also have this problem. I believe a few already had this problem.

Per-Ola mentioned that the steel pins should be longer. Stock is 9.7 mm and longer by 2 mm is better.
yeah just read it on mytsn

Looks like I will have to install longer pins

I hope serepnt release the hardened outdrives for the diff
Picard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 02:06 AM   #17293
Tech Fanatic
 
Picard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: "Make it so"
Posts: 759
Default Re: New Pipes !

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Has anyone noticed that mytsn released two new NovaMega inline pipes?

2176 - Pipe-set M12 Inline-poli E-2602
2178 - Pipe-set M12 Inline-polished Outlaw

What are their differences compared to the TP06? Anyone tried them already? They looked the same as the one NovaMax has.

yep saw them last night, not sure what the difference is, but I am now running a max pipe not the TP06.
Picard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 02:26 AM   #17294
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: New Pipes !

Quote:
Originally posted by Picard
yep saw them last night, not sure what the difference is, but I am now running a max pipe not the TP06.
How is the performance of the Max pipe? What were you using before this?
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 03:25 AM   #17295
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Interesting info

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
True. Don't know if it's my old eyes too but I think I see a split too.
Better ask Sow....his eyes are definately old, so he would know best
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Serpent 835 JFCJ R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-20-2005 09:29 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:21 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net