R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree6Likes

Old 02-03-2011, 02:11 PM   #5806
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvoltz View Post
Hey, its a Bvoltz sighting!!! I saw that the weather was worse there than it was here in Dallas. I was up in Joliet, IL last Labor Day weekend racing GT cars at Leisure Hours. Did fairly well and love the track (with cornfields as a backdrop). Hope to make it up there again to race soon.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:44 AM   #5807
Tech Addict

Does anybody know when the 2011 nt1 chassis plate will be out? I want it I lime that you can add plates under the chassis to the front and rear now.
HoboShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:11 PM   #5808
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboShop View Post
Does anybody know when the 2011 nt1 chassis plate will be out? I want it I lime that you can add plates under the chassis to the front and rear now.
Yess... this new chassis is the best choice if you have a light car!
I hope it will be released very soon ...I want one!
Old 02-07-2011, 08:21 AM   #5809
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jeff whiting

Hey everyone, we just got back from the WinterNats last night. This was our first race with our new NT1's. In no way am I bashing the MTX-4R because we had a lot of success with it, but Loran and I were 2 laps quicker this year and Emily was a whopping 3 laps quicker. We used a very basic setup and the cars were very good. Loran qualified 9th just missing the A. We are really looking forward to this season.

I would like to thank Ralph, Drew and the whole Xray/RCAmerica Team for all the support they have given us.

Jeff
Old 02-07-2011, 10:54 AM   #5810
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff whiting View Post
Hey everyone, we just got back from the WinterNats last night. This was our first race with our new NT1's. In no way am I bashing the MTX-4R because we had a lot of success with it, but Loran and I were 2 laps quicker this year and Emily was a whopping 3 laps quicker. We used a very basic setup and the cars were very good. Loran qualified 9th just missing the A. We are really looking forward to this season.

I would like to thank Ralph, Drew and the whole Xray/RCAmerica Team for all the support they have given us.

Jeff
Seeing the light, sir grasshopper!!! I had one when we met at the Fall Brawl in Memphis back in October but it wasn't 100% ready to roll. Mine NT1 should be ready by the time we meet at BTH '11. I like mine (the Raycer Kit) and with my CVD upgrade (just bought and about to install), it will be ready to roll for 2011.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:24 PM   #5811
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff whiting View Post

Jeff
What setup was you and Loran running we was in the same main.. I dont have a NT1 yet but Loran car was smooth. I have one on order, I would like to see the difference in Loran, Paul, Mike also ralph setup
younghovaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:48 PM   #5812
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jeff whiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by younghovaa View Post
What setup was you and Loran running we was in the same main.. I dont have a NT1 yet but Loran car was smooth. I have one on order, I would like to see the difference in Loran, Paul, Mike also ralph setup
We are pretty new to the Xray team so I will check and see how we are to post setups and where. I can tell you that Loran's car has a surprisingly simple set up on it. Heck Emily was running a NT1R with just a front diff I built at the track and her car was good too.

JEFF
Old 02-10-2011, 08:10 AM   #5813
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default foam tires

Hello everyone! I'm looking for foam tires for the season coming up. Where do you guys buy your tires from? I'd like to get from 15 to 20 sets, black rims even better.

Thanks!
Xray NT1 '08 /'09 EC LRP12R / Serpent 720 '08 RB Concept V12, R3 RB mods, V12 Rody, Matrix RW / Serpent 733, 733TE RB T9 / EA RC8T OS .21 Vspec speed tuned / Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 / EA SC10 / Serpent Cobra GT coming soon!
Gonzo RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:29 AM   #5814
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo RR View Post
Hello everyone! I'm looking for foam tires for the season coming up. Where do you guys buy your tires from? I'd like to get from 15 to 20 sets, black rims even better.

Thanks!

High quality foam here...
http://www.teammarketingamerica.com/...0th_tires.html
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:16 AM   #5815
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo RR View Post

Thanks!
I get mine from Serpent America. Doug will hook you up.

http://www.serpentamerica.com/shop/home.php?cat=72
bfong13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:49 PM   #5816
Tech Addict

Hey drew!!! Do you know when the new maxpower xxl3 wc 2011 engines will be out? I notice that it has the new low profile head and the 11.5 crankshaft instead of the 11.9 Will it have 2 balancing weights on the crankbell like the new novarossi motors have. Is there a reason why massimo choose the 11.5 crank over the 11.9 crank like what the newer novarossi and jp motors have?
HoboShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:59 PM   #5817
Tech Addict

motor s are available right now check with your local hobby shop. motor is sweet.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:34 PM   #5818
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfong13 View Post
I get mine from Serpent America. Doug will hook you up.

http://www.serpentamerica.com/shop/home.php?cat=72
Cool thanks!
Xray NT1 '08 /'09 EC LRP12R / Serpent 720 '08 RB Concept V12, R3 RB mods, V12 Rody, Matrix RW / Serpent 733, 733TE RB T9 / EA RC8T OS .21 Vspec speed tuned / Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 / EA SC10 / Serpent Cobra GT coming soon!
Gonzo RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:14 AM   #5819
Tech Master

Quote:
Hey drew!!! Do you know when the new maxpower xxl3 wc 2011 engines will be out? I notice that it has the new low profile head and the 11.5 crankshaft instead of the 11.9 Will it have 2 balancing weights on the crankbell like the new novarossi motors have. Is there a reason why massimo choose the 11.5 crank over the 11.9 crank like what the newer novarossi and jp motors have?
We have the engines in stock now. But it has a different head on it. Still has the WC and Texas logo just is not low profile. The new ones that just have the new head on them will be shipping soon. But the engines that we have are the same. Not sure way Massimo does what he does. All I can say is: the engines are fast. I saw a couple of guys run them at the winternats and they made a lot of power. I'm sure it will have the weights like the Nova. From theory smaller the crank more top bigger the crank more bottom. Think it just came down to what Massimo thought was best.

Thanks Drew
Old 02-11-2011, 10:44 AM   #5820
Tech Adept

Quote:
Wow! A new engine from Max Power?? My XXL3 WC is on his best now! It's really impressive!
..but I think I really need a new engine for summer...
Any photos about the 2011 one?

PS: max engines have all 11.5mm cranckshaft...and they are almost perfect..I think there's no reasons to change