Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree6Likes

Old 11-08-2009, 05:02 PM   #4621
occ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
But right now they are also really busy with 1/8 scale onroad car, and this will have priority over the 1/10. but i think Xray has the capacity to develop two new cars side by side.
Are they doing a 1/8th car or is this just a rumour?
occ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:29 PM   #4622
Tech Apprentice

Default Drag brakes

Anybody using drag brakes in the NT1 with sucess ?
What is the best method ? Set it through the brake linkage or adjusting the radio ?

Thanks.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:53 PM   #4623
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra zz View Post
Anybody using drag brakes in the NT1 with sucess ?
What is the best method ? Set it through the brake linkage or adjusting the radio ?

Thanks.
I recently switched to drag brakes, and whilst my driving felt alot smoother, there were no gains in lap times. I had it adjusted on the brake linkage. I tend to throw the car around and brake fairly deep and hard, so I think alittle more persistance could see improvement whilst my driving style adjusts to it.

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:26 PM   #4624
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussies1129 View Post
ah back to my home state, now that would be a fun trip! expensive but alot of fun what are the dates? I should be able to get free accom that might help the wallet? but am thinking of qld titles instead?
cheers
Yeah cool either way i just want to drive on a different track, any dates yet?

Novarossi - when you use drag brakes using the linkage method do you find you get any brake fade from your brakes heating up?
Old 11-09-2009, 06:04 PM   #4625
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyles View Post

Novarossi - when you use drag brakes using the linkage method do you find you get any brake fade from your brakes heating up?
No, because I use the KM pads and disc

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:22 PM   #4626
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novarossi View Post
I recently switched to drag brakes, and whilst my driving felt alot smoother, there were no gains in lap times. I had it adjusted on the brake linkage. I tend to throw the car around and brake fairly deep and hard, so I think alittle more persistance could see improvement whilst my driving style adjusts to it.
Are you saying you threw your car around into mine? haha
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:33 PM   #4627
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
Yes, i believe xray will release a NT2 in about march 2010. It's a basic marketing rule to come up with a special edition when a current product is going to be replaced in the near future.
A shop over here is already lowering the price of the EC and 09 by 40 euros.
So Xray is clearly aiming for a sale boost to cover some of the development costs of the new car.

But right now they are also really busy with 1/8 scale onroad car, and this will have priority over the 1/10. but i think Xray has the capacity to develop two new cars side by side.
I don't think Xray is going to do that. More than 60% of drivers are running NT1s from what I have seen. Why make a new car when yours is on top? There is a saying that goes "If it aint broken, dont fix it". I wouldn't be surprised to see a '10 model with other updates done to the car but without the quantity of hopups the EC brought.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:14 AM   #4628
Tech Regular

I also feel that xray is working on a new nitro touring, maybe some new ideas like wire type front sway bar, or some aluminum bulkheads, but the next car they will sell wouldnt be a 2010 car. They also done that in the buggy class, they had released an XB8-EC and soon after that, 808 came.

http://www.aytemizhobi.com
Turkish shop for: Serpent, Xceed, Sweep Racing, MyLaps
musti72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:35 AM   #4629
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So are you guys saying the EC models in both Offroad and Onroad does not signify winning the European Championship.
jelayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:47 AM   #4630
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ToysRUsKid

I don't think you'll see another significant change in the car until after the worlds. I doubt if they will take a new car to the worlds with all the knowledge they have in the car now.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:36 AM   #4631
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid View Post
I don't think you'll see another significant change in the car until after the worlds. I doubt if they will take a new car to the worlds with all the knowledge they have in the car now.
+1
Old 11-10-2009, 08:52 AM   #4632
Tech Regular

Default Slugish Acceleration

Hi Guys, I have been fighting with an acceleration issue for a while now can anyone give some assistance. My car is very slugish coming out of turns and at initial start of race.

These are all the things I have tried -

- Rebuilt my Original clutch
- Tried White shoe
- Tried Yellow show
- Bought and built the New High Dynamic
- Changed Fuel tank to V2
- Changed from Maxy Fuel 25% to Byron Gen 2 20%
- Changed from LRP Spec3 to Picco JL3 Engines
- Changed Collets

Each change on different days to ensure accuracy if a solution was found, but all the above attempts failed with the same result slugish out of corners.

Any Ideas ?
Old 11-10-2009, 08:59 AM   #4633
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ToysRUsKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelayne View Post
Hi Guys, I have been fighting with an acceleration issue for a while now can anyone give some assistance. My car is very slugish coming out of turns and at initial start of race.

These are all the things I have tried -

- Rebuilt my Original clutch
- Tried White shoe
- Tried Yellow show
- Bought and built the New High Dynamic
- Changed Fuel tank to V2
- Changed from Maxy Fuel 25% to Byron Gen 2 20%
- Changed from LRP Spec3 to Picco JL3 Engines
- Changed Collets

Each change on different days to ensure accuracy if a solution was found, but all the above attempts failed with the same result slugish out of corners.

Any Ideas ?
To me it sounds more like a motor tuning problem.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:06 AM   #4634
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu View Post
I don't think Xray is going to do that. More than 60% of drivers are running NT1s from what I have seen. Why make a new car when yours is on top? There is a saying that goes "If it aint broken, dont fix it". I wouldn't be surprised to see a '10 model with other updates done to the car but without the quantity of hopups the EC brought.
When you are on top you have to work harder to stay on top.
The saying "If it aint broken, dont fix it" doesn't work in motorsport.
You need to keep innovating to keep that top spot.

Some other companies (Serpent, Shepherd) have lately introduced cars which i would describe as 'the new generation tourer'.
Serpent for instance has a new layout for the electronics, wire swaybar in front and aluminum bulkheads. Shepherd has the best braking system.

If Xray wants to stay on top they have to release a car with at least the aluminum bulkheads. There are a lot of extra possibilities when using aluminum instead of plastic. And just take a look at the 733, it looks absolutely stunning!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid View Post
With all the knowledge they currently posses i think they can make a car which is even better than the NT1, remember it was their first nitro tourer.
Off course i don't think it will be completely different to the NT1.
They can keep the entire drivetrain and clutch-gearbox, because that's perfect.
But i would like to see aluminum bulkheads with a wire type swaybar in the front.
Wheelbase adjustment in the front and rear
More focus on centering of mass and low CG, this will do a lot to a car as i noticed with my own heavily modified NT1.
Less flex in suspension parts and bulkheads, flex adjustment in chassis through different inserts.

But if Xray doesn't release a NT2, i will have my own version. Hope to post some CAD renders at the end of this week.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:08 AM   #4635
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu View Post
I just finished building my EC... With body and everything mounted, tires are around 58mm. And its weighing at 1635g! Thats pretty darn impressive. I have already the lipo battery tray and the 30g C weight to see if I can reach minimum weight.
Riketsu did you used the aluminium body shocks or the plastic bodies?

I had a really hard time building the diffs. and once I finished they were leaking. I used gasket sealant from auto parts store hope it will solve the problem, is there any tips on how to bouild the diffs?

Thanks!
Xray NT1 '08 /'09 EC LRP12R / Serpent 720 '08 RB Concept V12, R3 RB mods, V12 Rody, Matrix RW / Serpent 733, 733TE RB T9 / EA RC8T OS .21 Vspec speed tuned / Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 / EA SC10 / Serpent Cobra GT coming soon!
Gonzo RR is offline   Reply With Quote