R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree6Likes

Old 10-25-2009, 09:24 AM   #4606
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra zz View Post
After some tanks running perfectly, my clutch developed a strange behavior like engaging and disengaging fastly when out corners in mid acceleration.
With full throttle the problem disapears.

The clutch was rebuilt and the gaps are ok.
Could it be just spring preload ? Or something related to low end engine tuning ?

Thanks for your advice.
check the pins in the flywheel.sometimes they fall out.
also check the shoe,maybe the holes has seized.
GREGORY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 01:07 PM   #4607
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra zz View Post
After some tanks running perfectly, my clutch developed a strange behavior like engaging and disengaging fastly when out corners in mid acceleration.
With full throttle the problem disapears.

The clutch was rebuilt and the gaps are ok.
Could it be just spring preload ? Or something related to low end engine tuning ?

Thanks for your advice.
One of two things:

1. The clutch nut is loosening itself. (Put alittle locktite on the threads). Check the distance before and after your race, as the heavier springs do put more pressure.

2. The flyweights could be damaged. My 1 club day old 09 had minor cracks around the pin holes on the flyweights. I now run white Kyosho weights drilled out which seem to work alot better and don't mount onto the pins.

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:16 AM   #4608
Tech Apprentice

Thank you guys. I'll check it tonight, but probably you hit the point.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:02 AM   #4609
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novarossi View Post
One of two things:

1. The clutch nut is loosening itself. (Put alittle locktite on the threads). Check the distance before and after your race, as the heavier springs do put more pressure.

2. The flyweights could be damaged. My 1 club day old 09 had minor cracks around the pin holes on the flyweights. I now run white Kyosho weights drilled out which seem to work alot better and don't mount onto the pins.

I have the same problem at the moment aswell. I haven't checked to see if the clutch nut is un-winding itself yet but all my flywheel pins and fly weights seem ok with a gap of .6mm, endplay .01mm with 1.2mm pre load.
With my flywheel/clutch fully assembled on my crankshaft it seems to have a bit of lateral play so i thought when i transfer weight to that side of the car it's putting that weight behind the flyweights there for making inconsistent clutch engagement.

Also when you say you drill out the kyosho flyweights what size drill bit do you use and how many holes and where do you drill them??

Cheers
Old 10-27-2009, 04:51 AM   #4610
Tech Apprentice

You were absolutely right.
The clutch nut is unwinding itself in a few tanks, leaving the preload at almost zero.
Probably some blue loctite will fix it.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:21 AM   #4611
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

yes for the first time my clutch spring nut came loose after my 3rd 5min race, self engaging itself, also I found that the flat plate that the ufo shoe fits on does not fit perfectly down on the 3 flywheel pins its strange as this was the one that came in my 09 kitlucky I had a spare which moves up and down freely. freestyles how are ya mate how is the NT1 going, you been doing anything at moorebank?
cheers
XRAY*****PRO-LINE*****HUDY*****
-----FUTABA-----NOVAROSSI-----
aussies1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 06:11 AM   #4612
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussies1129 View Post
yes for the first time my clutch spring nut came loose after my 3rd 5min race, self engaging itself, also I found that the flat plate that the ufo shoe fits on does not fit perfectly down on the 3 flywheel pins its strange as this was the one that came in my 09 kitlucky I had a spare which moves up and down freely. freestyles how are ya mate how is the NT1 going, you been doing anything at moorebank?
cheers

I'm good thanks Aussies how have you been mate, long time no talk. Sorry i've been so busy. My last race was the nats at moorebank and i finished qualifying in 59th spot. I thought i had a good chance of bumping up a spot untill the rain came and turned my final into a big drift session And seems as though no real final was ran results went back to quals so i finished in 59th. I got a lot out of that meet and beat my best lap time by 2 secs so i'm not totally dissapointed. I hope to make next years in SA. How about yourself mate, keen to make a trip?

Last edited by freestyles; 10-31-2009 at 03:40 PM.
freestyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 06:21 AM   #4613
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyles View Post
I'm good thanks Aussies how have you been mate, long time no talk. Sorry i've been so busy. My last race was the nats at moorebank and i finished qualifying in 59th spot. I thought i had a good chance of bumping up untill the rain came and turned my final into a big drift session And seems as though no real final was ran results went back to quals so i finished in 59th. I got a lot out of that meet and beat my best lap time by 2 secs so i'm not totally dissapointed. I hope to make next years in SA. How about yourself mate, keen to make a trip?
ah back to my home state, now that would be a fun trip! expensive but alot of fun what are the dates? I should be able to get free accom that might help the wallet? but am thinking of qld titles instead?
cheers
XRAY*****PRO-LINE*****HUDY*****
-----FUTABA-----NOVAROSSI-----

Last edited by aussies1129; 11-08-2009 at 05:09 PM.
aussies1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:53 AM   #4614
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

I just finished building my EC... With body and everything mounted, tires are around 58mm. And its weighing at 1635g! Thats pretty darn impressive. I have already the lipo battery tray and the 30g C weight to see if I can reach minimum weight.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:10 AM   #4615
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Nice, it's a cool winter project trying to get the weight down and centered as much as possible.

At the start of this year i had my car down to 1595 but i wasn't able to get it up to the mandatory 1700 so i had to loose some titanium and put a normal size steering servo in the car.

For this winter my goal is to reach the 1550 mark.
But still have a reliable car, because this year i had aluminum driveshafts in the rear who of one snapped when i was leading a race.

To get it back up to 1700 i am designing a huge brass weight which will incorporate the battery tray, the little battery tray mounts and the 30 gram weight behind the tank, all made out of one piece of brass.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:44 AM   #4616
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
Nice, it's a cool winter project trying to get the weight down and centered as much as possible.

At the start of this year i had my car down to 1595 but i wasn't able to get it up to the mandatory 1700 so i had to loose some titanium and put a normal size steering servo in the car.

For this winter my goal is to reach the 1550 mark.
But still have a reliable car, because this year i had aluminum driveshafts in the rear who of one snapped when i was leading a race.

To get it back up to 1700 i am designing a huge brass weight which will incorporate the battery tray, the little battery tray mounts and the 30 gram weight behind the tank, all made out of one piece of brass.
Nice, how big were your tires when you reached 1595?
Old 11-07-2009, 07:23 PM   #4617
Tech Regular

Does any think there is a new touring car coming from XRAY? I find it a little suspect haveing the EC edition come with all the option parts for very little extra money. Maybe clearing the shelfs at the wharehouse before introducing a new car. The EC is such a good deal its almost hard to believe.
wizby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 08:00 PM   #4618
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizby View Post
Does any think there is a new touring car coming from XRAY? I find it a little suspect haveing the EC edition come with all the option parts for very little extra money. Maybe clearing the shelfs at the wharehouse before introducing a new car. The EC is such a good deal its almost hard to believe.
Little extra money? Car retail is like $630+tax....
Old 11-07-2009, 08:29 PM   #4619
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu View Post
Little extra money? Car retail is like $630+tax....
RCMARKET $540 hong kong A few places in US its $609

I think its a deal for all those option parts.
wizby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:37 AM   #4620
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizby View Post
Yes, i believe xray will release a NT2 in about march 2010. It's a basic marketing rule to come up with a special edition when a current product is going to be replaced in the near future.
A shop over here is already lowering the price of the EC and 09 by 40 euros.
So Xray is clearly aiming for a sale boost to cover some of the development costs of the new car.

But right now they are also really busy with 1/8 scale onroad car, and this will have priority over the 1/10. but i think Xray has the capacity to develop two new cars side by side.