R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree6Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-11-2008, 12:51 PM   #3106
GK
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboy View Post
Has anyone tried the lowest position on the rear roll center piston insert?

I understand the lower CG the better, so if this is the case, would it be best to have set the lowest position as default and change rear link holes and shim for the upright as a secondary change?
CG won't change much by using the lowest pivot pin inserts, roll center will...
GK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:06 PM   #3107
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboy View Post
I thought removing shims on the camber links will add more rear side grip, is this not true?
No,

initially more shims = more side grip ( more stability for rear wheels ).

too much shims ( up to certain point ), the rear become loose again.
__________________
On Road : Xray NT1 , RX8 , T4 || Mugen Seiki MRX4-R , MTX4 , MTX3 prospec || Tamiya M03 , M04 || Top Racing Sabre FD2
Off Road : Xray XT8 || Hobao Hyper 8
Radio : Futaba 3PKS || KO propo EX-10 eurus
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:24 PM   #3108
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboy View Post
Has anyone tried the lowest position on the rear roll center piston insert?

I understand the lower CG the better, so if this is the case, would it be best to have set the lowest position as default and change rear link holes and shim for the upright as a secondary change?
Those pin(s) position got nothing to do with lower CG.

Those pin(s) have something to do with roll center >> how the chassis roll.

Lowest position means more body roll, preferably suitable for dusty track or track which have big corners, sweepers ( involving high speed corner ).

Highest position means less body roll, preferably suitable for grippy track, or track which have tight corners, chicanes, S corners.

Don't think too much about this subject..... trust me.

Copy one or two setup from xray forum which you think suitable for your home track, and learn it well.
__________________
On Road : Xray NT1 , RX8 , T4 || Mugen Seiki MRX4-R , MTX4 , MTX3 prospec || Tamiya M03 , M04 || Top Racing Sabre FD2
Off Road : Xray XT8 || Hobao Hyper 8
Radio : Futaba 3PKS || KO propo EX-10 eurus
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 02:18 PM   #3109
Tech Elite
 
teamgp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Hampton/VA Beach USA
Posts: 2,089
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboy View Post
I thought removing shims on the camber links will add more rear side grip, is this not true?
Removing shims lowers the rear roll center, which in theory would create more rear grip. However, it also decreases camber gain, which in theory would provide less side bite for the rear tires. From what myself and other team drivers have observed with the NT1, the camber gain effect is what you notice the most.

Hence, more shims provides more camber gain and therefore more rear side-bite (cornering grip/control), and vice versa.

If you're going to use the lower rear arm pin position, then you'll probably want to use a lot of shims on the outer camber links, like 4.0mm+. If I remember correctly, Paul L used this type of rear end setup with 4.0mm shims at one time last year.
__________________
Guy Hood
Sponsored by: Team XRAY / Team RC America / RB Products USA
/ Twister Tires USA / Maxy's Mods & Fuel / Parma PSE / Zubaks
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:10 PM   #3110
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Pole Position
Posts: 3,173
Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default nt1 weight

Hi guys
why is my car so heavy?

i have a stock nt1 with the top screws all changed to titanium, nova plus 12 3ct and 2630 pipe, 2 x futabs s9451 servos and an intellect 1400mah battery.minus body and the thinest tires i could find it weighs 1690 so plus body its almost 1800. how can i get the cars weight down?

not interested in lipos at t his stage.
__________________
Serpent 748 TQ | GIMAR Engines
Walter RC HObby | www.walterrchobby.com.au
BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:20 PM   #3111
Tech Fanatic
 
D-nicest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NY, New York
Posts: 872
Default

Thats really not heavy at all, legal limit is 1750 my car weighs 1800 with the stiff bumper, some lightweight transmission parts and the aluminum swaybar. If your not racing and you want your car to be as light as possible, then the lipo battery might be the way to go with the light weight options and titanium screw kit.
__________________
Diatta Collymore [email protected]([email protected])(www.fordhamhobbies.com) (Wallacemotorsports.net) Fordham Hobbies, Wallace Motorsports, WRC Racing, Hot Race Tyres, Ielasi Tuned Engines, VP Power Master fuel, KO Propo America, Paint By Mikey Mike
D-nicest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:34 PM   #3112
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Pole Position
Posts: 3,173
Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default

here in australia our limit is 1725 minimum
__________________
Serpent 748 TQ | GIMAR Engines
Walter RC HObby | www.walterrchobby.com.au
BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:41 PM   #3113
Tech Fanatic
 
D-nicest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NY, New York
Posts: 872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgsr View Post
here in australia our limit is 1725 minimum
So if you want it to be exactly the limit then i guess you'd have to buy the lipo and the lightweight parts. But just because your car is 75g over the legal limit doesn't mean it's not going to perform, if you ask me the loss of weight is not worth the money spent and actual improvements noticed Most of the cars you're running against will also be overweight.
__________________
Diatta Collymore [email protected]([email protected])(www.fordhamhobbies.com) (Wallacemotorsports.net) Fordham Hobbies, Wallace Motorsports, WRC Racing, Hot Race Tyres, Ielasi Tuned Engines, VP Power Master fuel, KO Propo America, Paint By Mikey Mike
D-nicest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:48 PM   #3114
Tech Elite
 
THeGame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,012
Send a message via AIM to THeGame
Default

D-nicest and Guy thanks for the help at the Classic. See you guys at the Great Lakes race... D-nicest you going ?

Here is my setup from the CAPITOL CLASSIC.

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...=680&setup=nt1
__________________
Team Gravity Rc - G's R/C Raceway and Hobbies - Waldorf RC - TheTrack
THeGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:17 PM   #3115
Tech Fanatic
 
D-nicest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NY, New York
Posts: 872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THeGame View Post
D-nicest and Guy thanks for the help at the Classic. See you guys at the Great Lakes race... D-nicest you going ?

Here is my setup from the CAPITOL CLASSIC.

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...=680&setup=nt1
Anytime, yeah I am trying to get there for the GLC. Chances are I will be there. Sending out my form in the coming week.
__________________
Diatta Collymore [email protected]([email protected])(www.fordhamhobbies.com) (Wallacemotorsports.net) Fordham Hobbies, Wallace Motorsports, WRC Racing, Hot Race Tyres, Ielasi Tuned Engines, VP Power Master fuel, KO Propo America, Paint By Mikey Mike
D-nicest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:25 PM   #3116
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Pole Position
Posts: 3,173
Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-nicest View Post
So if you want it to be exactly the limit then i guess you'd have to buy the lipo and the lightweight parts. But just because your car is 75g over the legal limit doesn't mean it's not going to perform, if you ask me the loss of weight is not worth the money spent and actual improvements noticed Most of the cars you're running against will also be overweight.
Yes i know. Since movinmg from the rrr my times have improved and also consistency

i was just loking to see what o ther cars weigh etc
__________________
Serpent 748 TQ | GIMAR Engines
Walter RC HObby | www.walterrchobby.com.au
BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:21 AM   #3117
Tech Master
 
barg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,205
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to barg
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgsr View Post
Yes i know. Since movinmg from the rrr my times have improved and also consistency

i was just loking to see what o ther cars weigh etc
Go on a diet......
__________________
XRAY NT1-2015 Spec | Max Power Engines | KO KIY EX10 | Protoform | Matrix Tires | XRAY X12-16

HEI International | www.hobbyexpress.com.au
www.nswrcrcc.com
barg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:33 AM   #3118
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Pole Position
Posts: 3,173
Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default

What are you doing on here mr rrr?

are you converting to nt1 ? you will upset some people
__________________
Serpent 748 TQ | GIMAR Engines
Walter RC HObby | www.walterrchobby.com.au
BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:59 AM   #3119
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: www.moorebankraceway.com
Posts: 5,119
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgsr View Post
What are you doing on here mr rrr?

are you converting to nt1 ? you will upset some people
john get a lipo dude, lower the tank and get either the brass battery tray from YBslow or speak to twiggy and buy his tray of him.

i've installed lightweight front shaft, and spur gear holders, and i also took out the xray reciever box and modified a mugen reciever cover and mount to fit the nt1. i used the optional nt1 graphite reciever holder as a mount for the mugen stuff i used.

you can also get the lightweight 2 speed shaft that xray makes.

also john, active racing makes a lightweight heatsink for the novas and OS which is half the weight of the standard heatsink. it will chop of 20grams and lower your CG.

heatsink, plus going tot he lightweight shafts plus spur gear holders will chop of around 35 grams. if you go to a lipo you will chop of another 50grams. you can use the battery tray to place the excess reduced weight as low as possible.

all this with the fuel tank lowered will equal a very nice handling car with all the weight nice and low, will allow a bit more corner speed, and exit punch due to the reduction in weight overall and the lightened drivetrain.
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 05:45 AM   #3120
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Brazil
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB View Post
john get a lipo dude, lower the tank and get either the brass battery tray from YBslow or speak to twiggy and buy his tray of him.

i've installed lightweight front shaft, and spur gear holders, and i also took out the xray reciever box and modified a mugen reciever cover and mount to fit the nt1. i used the optional nt1 graphite reciever holder as a mount for the mugen stuff i used.

you can also get the lightweight 2 speed shaft that xray makes.

also john, active racing makes a lightweight heatsink for the novas and OS which is half the weight of the standard heatsink. it will chop of 20grams and lower your CG.

heatsink, plus going tot he lightweight shafts plus spur gear holders will chop of around 35 grams. if you go to a lipo you will chop of another 50grams. you can use the battery tray to place the excess reduced weight as low as possible.

all this with the fuel tank lowered will equal a very nice handling car with all the weight nice and low, will allow a bit more corner speed, and exit punch due to the reduction in weight overall and the lightened drivetrain.
Where i can get those active racing lightweight heatsink online?
__________________
V1RRR Evo WCTE - Sirio STI/NR 353 MM - Futaba 3PM FASST
FW05TRR - GXR15 Tunned - Futaba 3PM FS Pro
Ramiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS - NEW !!!! XRAY NT18T and XRAY NT18 plus HUDY micro truck starter box w/ battery Omarko Australia For Sale/Trade 2 06-25-2008 08:47 PM
Xray T2, Brushed Motor Combo, Setup Tools, Xray Springs, Bodies etc... GroffBall R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 09-23-2007 08:53 PM
WTB: NIB Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A Australia Wanted to Buy 4 01-02-2007 03:30 PM
WTB: Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 12-30-2006 03:26 PM
XRAY sedan spring kit / XRAY multi-diff / PRS 114t spur / RR 64p pinions / Stratus evostyle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 12-19-2006 09:33 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:41 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net