R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree6Likes

Old 06-11-2008, 12:51 PM   #3106
GK
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboy View Post
Has anyone tried the lowest position on the rear roll center piston insert?

I understand the lower CG the better, so if this is the case, would it be best to have set the lowest position as default and change rear link holes and shim for the upright as a secondary change?
CG won't change much by using the lowest pivot pin inserts, roll center will...
GK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:06 PM   #3107
Tech Champion

Quote:
I thought removing shims on the camber links will add more rear side grip, is this not true?
No,

initially more shims = more side grip ( more stability for rear wheels ).

too much shims ( up to certain point ), the rear become loose again.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:24 PM   #3108
Tech Champion

Quote:
Has anyone tried the lowest position on the rear roll center piston insert?

I understand the lower CG the better, so if this is the case, would it be best to have set the lowest position as default and change rear link holes and shim for the upright as a secondary change?
Those pin(s) position got nothing to do with lower CG.

Those pin(s) have something to do with roll center >> how the chassis roll.

Lowest position means more body roll, preferably suitable for dusty track or track which have big corners, sweepers ( involving high speed corner ).

Highest position means less body roll, preferably suitable for grippy track, or track which have tight corners, chicanes, S corners.

Don't think too much about this subject..... trust me.

Copy one or two setup from xray forum which you think suitable for your home track, and learn it well.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 02:18 PM   #3109
Tech Elite

Quote:
I thought removing shims on the camber links will add more rear side grip, is this not true?
Removing shims lowers the rear roll center, which in theory would create more rear grip. However, it also decreases camber gain, which in theory would provide less side bite for the rear tires. From what myself and other team drivers have observed with the NT1, the camber gain effect is what you notice the most.

Hence, more shims provides more camber gain and therefore more rear side-bite (cornering grip/control), and vice versa.

If you're going to use the lower rear arm pin position, then you'll probably want to use a lot of shims on the outer camber links, like 4.0mm+. If I remember correctly, Paul L used this type of rear end setup with 4.0mm shims at one time last year.
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:10 PM   #3110
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default nt1 weight

Hi guys
why is my car so heavy?

i have a stock nt1 with the top screws all changed to titanium, nova plus 12 3ct and 2630 pipe, 2 x futabs s9451 servos and an intellect 1400mah battery.minus body and the thinest tires i could find it weighs 1690 so plus body its almost 1800. how can i get the cars weight down?

not interested in lipos at t his stage.
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:20 PM   #3111
Tech Fanatic

Thats really not heavy at all, legal limit is 1750 my car weighs 1800 with the stiff bumper, some lightweight transmission parts and the aluminum swaybar. If your not racing and you want your car to be as light as possible, then the lipo battery might be the way to go with the light weight options and titanium screw kit.
Diatta Collymore [email protected]([email protected])(www.fordhamhobbies.com) (Wallacemotorsports.net) Fordham Hobbies, Wallace Motorsports, WRC Racing, Hot Race Tyres, Ielasi Tuned Engines, VP Power Master fuel, KO Propo America, Paint By Mikey Mike
D-nicest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:34 PM   #3112
Tech Elite

here in australia our limit is 1725 minimum
Old 06-11-2008, 06:41 PM   #3113
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgsr View Post
here in australia our limit is 1725 minimum
So if you want it to be exactly the limit then i guess you'd have to buy the lipo and the lightweight parts. But just because your car is 75g over the legal limit doesn't mean it's not going to perform, if you ask me the loss of weight is not worth the money spent and actual improvements noticed Most of the cars you're running against will also be overweight.
Diatta Collymore [email protected]([email protected])(www.fordhamhobbies.com) (Wallacemotorsports.net) Fordham Hobbies, Wallace Motorsports, WRC Racing, Hot Race Tyres, Ielasi Tuned Engines, VP Power Master fuel, KO Propo America, Paint By Mikey Mike
Old 06-11-2008, 06:48 PM   #3114
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to THeGame

D-nicest and Guy thanks for the help at the Classic. See you guys at the Great Lakes race... D-nicest you going ?

Here is my setup from the CAPITOL CLASSIC.

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...=680&setup=nt1
Old 06-11-2008, 07:17 PM   #3115
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by THeGame View Post
D-nicest and Guy thanks for the help at the Classic. See you guys at the Great Lakes race... D-nicest you going ?

Here is my setup from the CAPITOL CLASSIC.

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...=680&setup=nt1
Anytime, yeah I am trying to get there for the GLC. Chances are I will be there. Sending out my form in the coming week.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:25 PM   #3116
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-nicest View Post
So if you want it to be exactly the limit then i guess you'd have to buy the lipo and the lightweight parts. But just because your car is 75g over the legal limit doesn't mean it's not going to perform, if you ask me the loss of weight is not worth the money spent and actual improvements noticed Most of the cars you're running against will also be overweight.
Yes i know. Since movinmg from the rrr my times have improved and also consistency

i was just loking to see what o ther cars weigh etc
Old 06-12-2008, 01:21 AM   #3117
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to barg

Quote:
Yes i know. Since movinmg from the rrr my times have improved and also consistency

i was just loking to see what o ther cars weigh etc
Go on a diet......

HEI International | www.hobbyexpress.com.au
www.nswrcrcc.com
barg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:33 AM   #3118
Tech Elite

What are you doing on here mr rrr?

are you converting to nt1 ? you will upset some people
Old 06-12-2008, 01:59 AM   #3119
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
What are you doing on here mr rrr?

are you converting to nt1 ? you will upset some people
john get a lipo dude, lower the tank and get either the brass battery tray from YBslow or speak to twiggy and buy his tray of him.

i've installed lightweight front shaft, and spur gear holders, and i also took out the xray reciever box and modified a mugen reciever cover and mount to fit the nt1. i used the optional nt1 graphite reciever holder as a mount for the mugen stuff i used.

you can also get the lightweight 2 speed shaft that xray makes.

also john, active racing makes a lightweight heatsink for the novas and OS which is half the weight of the standard heatsink. it will chop of 20grams and lower your CG.

heatsink, plus going tot he lightweight shafts plus spur gear holders will chop of around 35 grams. if you go to a lipo you will chop of another 50grams. you can use the battery tray to place the excess reduced weight as low as possible.

all this with the fuel tank lowered will equal a very nice handling car with all the weight nice and low, will allow a bit more corner speed, and exit punch due to the reduction in weight overall and the lightened drivetrain.
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 05:45 AM   #3120
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB View Post
john get a lipo dude, lower the tank and get either the brass battery tray from YBslow or speak to twiggy and buy his tray of him.

i've installed lightweight front shaft, and spur gear holders, and i also took out the xray reciever box and modified a mugen reciever cover and mount to fit the nt1. i used the optional nt1 graphite reciever holder as a mount for the mugen stuff i used.

you can also get the lightweight 2 speed shaft that xray makes.

also john, active racing makes a lightweight heatsink for the novas and OS which is half the weight of the standard heatsink. it will chop of 20grams and lower your CG.

heatsink, plus going tot he lightweight shafts plus spur gear holders will chop of around 35 grams. if you go to a lipo you will chop of another 50grams. you can use the battery tray to place the excess reduced weight as low as possible.

all this with the fuel tank lowered will equal a very nice handling car with all the weight nice and low, will allow a bit more corner speed, and exit punch due to the reduction in weight overall and the lightened drivetrain.
Where i can get those active racing lightweight heatsink online?