New XRAY 808

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc_pro
Someone had burned servo problem?
I burned 2 SERVO Why?
could be any# of reasons. we need to know the servos your using,lipo? regulator? burning up servos sounds like lipo battery no regulator. Or to weak servo trying to move steering.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What tires do you guys recommend on the 808 for muddy conditions? I'm using soft I-Beams for our dusty, loamy track and the work well with the basic setup but need something for mud as well.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroKiwi
What tires do you guys recommend on the 808 for muddy conditions? I'm using soft I-Beams for our dusty, loamy track and the work well with the basic setup but need something for mud as well.
You could try some Crossbraces
Old 04-03-2011, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Well in mud you might think to use a big pin tire but that is just not the case I would run a small pin tire like a Holeshot because the mud wont stick it will fly off. And on a dusty track I would try Proline Snipers. I haven't seen anyone run I-Beams in a long time because of all the new tires out but I still run them in the rear every once in a while. This is just my opinion I am shure everyone has there own.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:04 PM
Tech Adept

Default 2011 Xray 808

I raced my 2011 for the first time this weekend. It was just a little club race and I got there late because of my sisters softball game and missed the 1st qualifier. In the second qualifier I just threw the car on the track not knowing what was going to happen. I got on the track which I didnt even practice on and to add to that, we were running the track backwards lol I had the wrong tires on it, and the track was very loose. So I didnt get a very good qualifier in. I was able to practice with some different tires on my car when they were setting up the mains, for about 25 minutes, and the car was AWESOME!!!! I was ready to go for the A main and as my dad first put it on the track I knew something was wrong, we brought it in and shut it off and noticed that when I spun the tires the front diff would freeze for a second then go on. I didnt want to put it on the track so I sat out the main. I took it apart today and nothing seemed to be wrong, very weird . But overall the car was awesome and hofily I wont have problems next time and put this beast on the top of the podium!!!! Cant wait till next time!!!!

Cade
Old 04-03-2011, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Almost finished I work on it a after work and the first time on the track will be Q1 at Silver State Nitro Challenge next Friday I am going to try the Picco 3 port because I know the track in Boulder City will be tech and blown out, if I dont like it I will go with the +4. PS the one color wonder is just until I get a wrap from Chad!!
Old 04-03-2011, 07:19 PM
Tech Adept

Default Nice!

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie

Almost finished I work on it a after work and the first time on the track will be Q1 at Silver State Nitro Challenge next Friday I am going to try the Picco 3 port because I know the track in Boulder City will be tech and blown out, if I dont like it I will go with the +4. PS the one color wonder is just until I get a wrap from Chad!!
Nice! That flo yellow is AWESOME!!!! Ill be posting pics of mine whenever I get my body back from painting!
Old 04-03-2011, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Marcus. How long was the build.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dishsoap
Marcus. How long was the build.
So far 4 hours, I need to finish the center diff, shocks, and radio stuff. The Xray is of superior quality to anything I have had and you know I have had them all. And comming from my last CAR you know the parts are alot better just by building it.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:20 PM
Tech Addict

For really muddy tracks after a good rain shower. Like Marcus said small pin tires. The smaller the better, after a lap no matter what tires your running they will be cover with mud. So you'll have a mud tire. :P So the less mud the pins hold the better. AKA wishbones have the smallest pins. Those might work even better.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie
So far 4 hours, I need to finish the center diff, shocks, and radio stuff. The Xray is of superior quality to anything I have had and you know I have had them all. And comming from my last CAR you know the parts are alot better just by building it.
WARNING! XRAY's quality is addictive, once tasted and there will be no turning back!

They even put in a disclaimer on page 3 of the manual: "XRAY MODEL RACING CARS assumes no responsibility for any injury...*snip*... NOR ANY ADDICTIONS that may arise from the use of this product."

Enjoy your new ride!
Old 04-04-2011, 12:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

just asking xray factory about lightweight outdrives is come with kit or not,now they answer me already,here is answer

Thank you for your email and your interest in XRAY products. The XB808 2011 kits include from the begining the standard outdrives so you get the correct parts however kits from next batch include the lightweight outdrives. In line with XRAY policy of continuous product development, the exact specifications of the kit may vary. XRAY do reserve all rights to change any specification without prior notice.

If we can help you in any other way, please let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you or help you out.

XRAY MODEL RACING CARS
Old 04-04-2011, 01:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnhsp
just asking xray factory about lightweight outdrives is come with kit or not,now they answer me already,here is answer

Thank you for your email and your interest in XRAY products. The XB808 2011 kits include from the begining the standard outdrives so you get the correct parts however kits from next batch include the lightweight outdrives. In line with XRAY policy of continuous product development, the exact specifications of the kit may vary. XRAY do reserve all rights to change any specification without prior notice.

If we can help you in any other way, please let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you or help you out.

XRAY MODEL RACING CARS
some bad luck to the guys who got dupped its just like my 58inch 3d tv I paid $2700 5 months ago now they are selling for $1900 some you win some you lose
Old 04-04-2011, 01:47 AM
Tech Elite

Default got my can

converted today
Attached Thumbnails New XRAY 808-007.jpg   New XRAY 808-008.jpg   New XRAY 808-009.jpg   New XRAY 808-010.jpg  
Old 04-04-2011, 02:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Customworksking
converted today
oh no isnt there suppose to be a nitro engine in there somewhere

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.