New XRAY 808

Old 11-02-2008, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Well, the more i drive my xray the less i like it.

Turning isnt feeling consistant, and the buggy feels really light on the front wheels. Some corners it will push really bad, others it spins the rear out.

Shocks are
600f/400r
diffs
5/7/3
-2 degrees camber all the way around, 1 degree toe out
Old 11-02-2008, 07:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Check your front arms.

Mine car was DIALED early on this season and lately I have been fightling it a bit. I tore it down for an overhaul and found the front arms were wraped. The right front was worse than the left front. I have not run my car yet but I am guessing new arms will really help!

Might be worth looking into
Old 11-02-2008, 09:00 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmargiotta
If you need power:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/29794

If you like a smooth motor:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/29796

And they last longer than an OS...
Thanks Rocco, but I'm a Picco guy! got one in my Truggy and I cant say enough good things about it.

Here are the race notes from round 1 of AZ State Champ Series.

1st qual. broke a shock after 1 lap because the silly shock cover came loos, and got hung up in something, which ripped the shock out of the ball end. By the time I got it fixed qual was over. So I'm sitting in 30Th place out of 30 racers after the first qual.

2nd- qual- The 808 is in a rage! She's so pissed she didn't finish the 1st qual, she's flying and roosting all over the track. Passing other inferior buggies like they are standing still, the crowd is going wild, everyone's screaming X-Ray, X-ray, (not really, but it sounds good) I come all the way from 30th to Qualify 5th overall, and My 808 and I are feeling much better.

(keep in mind that there are 150 drivers and cars here so even though there was racing all day-Drivers waited about 2.5 hours between races. which gives plenty of time for a complete checklist)

Race 3- Novice A-main- Starting 5th- I got 2 of the most experienced drivers/wrenchmen/pitmen in AZ pittin for me. I pull out from the 5th spot, move all the way up to second, getting poised for my domination, and my crappy practice engine flames out! One of my Pit men, (Don, you rock!) Runs full speed to get my car, get her started, and back on the track. Now I'm last again, so Little Ms. 808 is indeed again pissed. Look out F#@#ckers here she comes! Pullin past other buggies in a blur, movin all the way back up to 3rd, then! Oh crap! another flameout! How can this precious little buggy overcome all this adversity? Don gets me back out there in seconds, but I've fallen to last again, with only 2 minutes left in the race, which at the Nitro Pit (it's huge) is about 2 laps for us Novice people. In two laps, My 808 goes on another rampage, and gets all the way up to 7th, out of 15 drivers, and I am securely planted in a Great position for the next 6 races of the AZ state championships! What an awesome buggy! Wish I could drive her better

Special thanks to Don, Tony , and Kenny Brosch for the most fun I've ever had with a remote control in my hands.

Super shout out to the entire crew at the "Nitro Pit" for giving us the best track in the country to race on.

Round 2 is November 22nd, at Hobby Town in Tuscon

Last edited by Jaz240; 11-02-2008 at 09:37 AM.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Biged seing your post after fixing my car last night I have to say check your rear chassis brace.I was fighting the same problem for a while now about 3 weeks. I went as far as buying x-rays rear pin holder & am happy I did but it didnt fix my problem enough. I found the bolt holding the rear brace to the rear tower missing & that got my car back in shape. I just cant believe I missed something so simple for so long. I do run odd diff oils though,7,5,1. Heres a link to the back & forth.After fixing this I noticed traction out of corners got more consistant.Maybe you got something similar.

http://forum.teamxray.com/viewtopic....r=asc&start=20
Old 11-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigedmond
Well, the more i drive my xray the less i like it.

Turning isnt feeling consistant, and the buggy feels really light on the front wheels. Some corners it will push really bad, others it spins the rear out.

Shocks are
600f/400r
diffs
5/7/3
-2 degrees camber all the way around, 1 degree toe out
Which shock pistons are you running?

Which tires are the fastest guys there (not saying it isn't you) running?
Which tires do you run?

Where is your droop set?

What about your brake bias?

I'm not sure what that BCE chassis does to the car, I've never run one.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:24 AM
CAR
Tech Addict

Rocco,have you received any Active Diffs for the 808 yet? Thanks
Old 11-02-2008, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

i am running the kit pistons.

As for tires, the fastest guy is Saxton by far. I beleive he was running m3 crimefighters.

I was running City Blocks, but tried Ibeams and crimefighters with the same result.

The BCE chassis isnt on the car, so i am using the stock chassis.

I did check the rear chassis brace, and its tight. The hinge Pins holders are the stock plastic. as for droop, i have 26mm front, 24mm rear.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Bigedmond
i am running the kit pistons.

As for tires, the fastest guy is Saxton by far. I beleive he was running m3 crimefighters.

I was running City Blocks, but tried Ibeams and crimefighters with the same result.

The BCE chassis isnt on the car, so i am using the stock chassis.

I did check the rear chassis brace, and its tight. The hinge Pins holders are the stock plastic. as for droop, i have 26mm front, 24mm rear.

I think he meant which thickness. The pistons are 3 sizes, which ones are you using?
Old 11-02-2008, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Got to run my 808 for the first time today. I found it to be very bouncy, losing control after landing jumps. A simple fix with a setup change. I like the buggy on the track. Feels like it's always driving on a flat surface.

I had engine trouble all day. The temperature outside at the track was about 6C at most. I think it was just too cold for the plug I was using. Kept flaming out no matter what I did, couldn't keep heat in the engine.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
I think he meant which thickness. The pistons are 3 sizes, which ones are you using?
james
You looked good last night. I wish I had the same luck nothing like having a fast car and the damn 2.4 faast glitch I had going on the first heat. No big deal had a blast.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

1.3,1.4,& 1.5 come in the kit box.Look at the #s molded on top of your spare pistons & you'll know whats in the car if not wich end their in.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Anyone know what front kick and rear anti squat Josh Wheeler was running a the Worlds? I want to start with his setup (with 12* composite blocks) but the kickup and A.S fields are blank on his sheet.

I searched for "Wheeler" but couldn't find the answer.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 11-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by diamondracing
james
You looked good last night. I wish I had the same luck nothing like having a fast car and the damn 2.4 faast glitch I had going on the first heat. No big deal had a blast.
You were awesome in the main though, no problems just some minor setbacks, your still in the big picture. Thanks again for all your help and advice. E mail me your contact info @ [email protected]
Old 11-02-2008, 05:20 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rmargiotta
Which shock pistons are you running?

Which tires are the fastest guys there (not saying it isn't you) running?
Which tires do you run?

Where is your droop set?

What about your brake bias?

I'm not sure what that BCE chassis does to the car, I've never run one.
Also how long has it been since you changed the diff oils? When the oils get baked, or the diff oil runs low it can feel inconstant. Also for most drivers 7k in the center is too thick, try 5k 6k 2k in your diffs. M3 or M2 Bowties seem to be a very good combo with the 808 at most tracks, have you tried those?

?
Old 11-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

When i said kit, i guess i should have said they are setup like the stock setup.

The diff have 2.5 races on them. I dont always race my main when trying to help other out. It sucks, but since i am 1 or 3 that run our track, i do what i can to make sure everyone has a fun time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.