Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by Lonestar
no buggy does.

there are 57 ways to clean a buggy... the one I've come to is "dry" cleaning. Every time I use any fluid (wd40 or other) available around here (WE) I run into issues like squeak and friction. Now, I just brush dust off first (10mn at least, as much as I can), clean the tank with alcohol, clean the radio tray with WD40 (only place where I use it) and the suspension/transmission gets cleaned part-by-part.

Hosing cars with water I still can't think it won't hurt it... I'm amazed some people actually do it at all.

Paul
I hose my car down

but im fairly anal how i do it

i remove all bearings, diffs, electrics and engine.

Then i take the front and rear end off and hose them down along with chassis, i then spray on muck off and hose it down again

violla clean car

This is then sprayed with gt85 and then dried with her hairdryer

i clean the front and rear hubs by hand and apply that oddonnel stuff to the joints.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Megacrash
I hose my car down

but im fairly anal how i do it

i remove all bearings, diffs, electrics and engine.

Then i take the front and rear end off and hose them down along with chassis, i then spray on muck off and hose it down again

violla clean car

This is then sprayed with gt85 and then dried with her hairdryer

i clean the front and rear hubs by hand and apply that oddonnel stuff to the joints.
You're cheating you take stuff like bearings and diffs off the car... the "hosing" method I was referring to is more brute force, ie take (at best) the mill of the car and reel out the garden hose

Paul

PS: http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/voila.html
Old 08-09-2010, 04:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I take the tray, and engine out and hose it down.

Before hand I spray the bearings with wd 40 then again after I hose it. Then I just take the air hose to and it spend extra time blowing the bearings out.

No issues so far this year.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

I've got an issue with my Mbx6 and hoped you all had the same so we could get it iron'd out......

The plastic binds where it touches a ballstud or eyelet in 2 places I've narrowed down. It's pretty bad.

First is the steering linkage turnbuckles. I have to constantly be after these. I apply lube or who knows what to the ball stud on the steering knuckle, and also by the ackerman. I've tried it dry too. It's worse. The rear camberlink never has an issue. Not sure why.

Second is the bottom shock eyelets for front and rear shocks.

Both of these get sqeeky real fast, then turns into a bind. It still goes up and down, but there is definite resistance here. The solution I thought of was to use a different brand's ballstuds/ends and eyelet/shockends.

Anyone swap these out? It's obviously not the metal, but the crappy Mugen plastic.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by markhat250
[B]

Anyone swap these out? It's obviously not the metal, but the crappy Mugen plastic.

or the loose nut behind the wheel

never heard of that issue before... mugen assemblies have been the best in the business since the Seven in the late 80's... stop greasing and lubing these eyelets, keep'em dry and clean and voila, no squeaking/binding any more...

Paul
Old 08-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Regular

[B]
Heard lots of BS statements in here, but this is probably the lamest...
You dont need to grease down a Mugen, keep it clean and dry.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Heard lots of BS statements in here, but this is probably the lamest...
You dont need to grease down a Mugen, keep it clean and dry.
BS statement? Wow. Sensitive Mugen lover boy eh? Sorry to offend you so easily. Your car is perfect and Mugen is the best. How's that make you feel?

Anyhoo....anyone else that can help me out?
Old 08-09-2010, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Lonestar
or the loose nut behind the wheel

never heard of that issue before... mugen assemblies have been the best in the business since the Seven in the late 80's... stop greasing and lubing these eyelets, keep'em dry and clean and voila, no squeaking/binding any more...

Paul
Glad to hear you arn't having this issue. I did try them dry with no luck. My conditions are a little dusty, but the Mugen is the only car that takes it really bad. Maybe I just need some new plastic pieces and mine are trashed from all the lube.

I was just wondering if anyone had this issue. Maybe someone else can pipe up. Thanks for your reply.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

We almost all have that problem here at the East Coast (sqeekying) that is an another reason why I asked earlyer how other guys clean this buggy . Specially after a few qual the whole buggy making that noise ... I have been run the mbx5r for two years I had no problem with that neder with other brands... Absolutely not bushings Mugen I (we)just looking for solution how to keep it in good shape!please don't take it the wrong way!mbx6 is the best buggy on the market in my book that is why I came back to Mugen ....
Old 08-09-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gabor szilagyi
please don't take it the wrong way!mbx6 is the best buggy on the market in my book that is why I came back to Mugen ....
Ha ha....these Mugen lovers can't hear any wrong and have got you tip toe'ing around them too!!! Yeh....they snap if you talk trash.

Anyhoo, the car has issues. You call it squeekying, I call it binding. it is what it is. I'm glad you piped up.

I just want to know how to fix it, and hope some rational Mugen owners can come forward. The freak wanna be Mugen employees stay away. We're just lookng for some help with our cars.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:23 PM

Ha ha....these Mugen lovers can't hear any wrong and have got you tip toe'ing around them too!!! Yeh....they snap if you talk trash.

Anyhoo, the car has issues. You call it squeekying, I call it binding. it is what it is. I'm glad you piped up.

I just want to know how to fix it, and hope some rational Mugen owners can come forward. The freak wanna be Mugen employees stay away. We're just lookng for some help with our cars.
I think i know what you are refering too mine did it when it was new until about 1/2 gallon went through the car then it was nice and smooth again

all i did was lightly sand the plastic in the linkages to get it moving freely

i hope im thinking of the same bit as you

sadly not had that with rear shocks so cant really help there Sorry

stick with the car though its a great machine and will improve you and your times
Old 08-09-2010, 02:25 PM

New shell!!

Just got this mounted up have to say massively pleased with it, nice and bright and its got my favourite cartoon character on it wootwoot

Massive thanks to Kifo for this

Unstickered

Stickered up cool[1]

Old 08-09-2010, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

I'll look at mine tomorrow. You have binding?? Doesn't it go away when you just keep running it until it wears a bit? Somethings on my buggy were binding a little bit too when it was new. I just ran it like that and now it moves almost freely. Not as much as my last Losi tho, but that car was just really sloppy.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by morgoth
I'll look at mine tomorrow. You have binding?? Doesn't it go away when you just keep running it until it wears a bit? Somethings on my buggy were binding a little bit too when it was new. I just ran it like that and now it moves almost freely. Not as much as my last Losi tho, but that car was just really sloppy.
The Losi gets sloppy. It's the opposite of what mine is doing. When I first clean it up it's good. Then about 20 min in when I come of the track it is squeeky as all hell. Like I said, I've narrowed it down to the Shock eyelets on the bottom and the steering links get crazy tight.

That sanding thing sounds like a good idea. My car does have at least a half gallon on it now.

Awesome car if I could figure this out. I'm not the only one which is why I came here.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

The Losi gets sloppy. It's the opposite of what mine is doing. When I first clean it up it's good. Then about 20 min in when I come of the track it is squeeky as all hell. Like I said, I've narrowed it down to the Shock eyelets on the bottom and the steering links get crazy tight.

That sanding thing sounds like a good idea. My car does have at least a half gallon on it now.

Awesome car if I could figure this out. I'm not the only one which is why I came here.
Are you running full droop? Because it's normal that they are binding a bit a full droop. I'll check mine tomorrow. I don't have full droop anymore because I run on astroturf mainly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.