Search
Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lochii
I got to receive my MBX6 today. It looks fiiiine!
The guy told me to check my diffs after I ran around 1/4th to half a gallon through it. He said I might have to place a shim on the other side. Is this correct? The buggy has only ran three tanks. According to him, it's a common thing on mugens. Can someone enlighten me?

He also set it up the same way as a local racer, which has won several races lately. Diffs 10.000 / 10.000 / 5.000 and shocks 450 front and 400 rear.
Isn't the diff oil a little thick? The setup seems to be for high traction surfaces; but I race on a low traction surface.

I'm gonna try out tomorrow. If it doesn't suit me, I'm definately going M-spec.
i check my shiming and play after every time i run it. Just hold the center universal cups with one finger and move the outdrives back and forth with the other hand. It should have a small tick. The smaller the better. If it has no play, you will have to take the center diff out and turn the center shafts to see if it's binding.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by neil73
where is the best place to get Mugen MBX6 spares on line??? is it amain???
mugen translated to english means no spares needed.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

hahahahah u havent seen my driving...
Old 06-19-2010, 09:42 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Guys i just traded for a Mugen MBX6 buggy that has the Overdrive Mod done to it how many guys have tryed the Overdrive and Liked it?

I have a Mugen MBX6 with out the Overdrive done to it and LOVE the buggy and it will be Monday be for i can get to the track and run the new buggy and i would just like to know what you guy think about the Overdrive Mod.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Almost Done with Mugen

I have broken more arms on my MBX6 and 6T than I ever did on my Associated or Xray. The mugen definately performs, but if I can't finish a race, what's the point? I marshalled the Novice class , and watched them crash their cars and everytime I was thinking "Oh, that's broke" but they would drive away. I broke the front arm on my MBX6 twice last night. one time clipping a pipe and the other time was on a small, slow speed double. The jump is right in front of the driver stand, so several people saw it and asked me "did it really break when you landed right there?" It is frustrating! I ever started boiling all arms. Is mugen working on any revised A-arms? They need to! My friend has a 8 2.0 and 8T 2.0 and he has broken one arm in 4 months.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The lid that comes with the mspec? Is this the 1.0 mm lid or is it the stock thinner one.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Hate to agree

I hate to agree with you, when my son first got his MBX6, he had 2 good races, podium finishes, and then he started to run into breaking arms. This happened 6 times in a row, it would be either an upper or lower arm. We'd even take 2 sets of vevrything for a club race, I even sent Mugen pics of the arms with air bubbles that you could see in the i the breaks, they would send a replacement, but like you said you can't wind if you can't finish. I got so pissed the last time it broke I sold the broken car as is at the track for 100 bucks, we're now out of commission until I can buy another Losi
Old 06-19-2010, 10:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by akiyama77
I hate to agree with you, when my son first got his MBX6, he had 2 good races, podium finishes, and then he started to run into breaking arms. This happened 6 times in a row, it would be either an upper or lower arm. We'd even take 2 sets of vevrything for a club race, I even sent Mugen pics of the arms with air bubbles that you could see in the i the breaks, they would send a replacement, but like you said you can't wind if you can't finish. I got so pissed the last time it broke I sold the broken car as is at the track for 100 bucks, we're now out of commission until I can buy another Losi
Well, we race at the same track, Sunlakes. There was 8-9 mugen driver there a month ago, now there is 3. Everyone is selling them because they all say they break. Even Ernest, who is won one of the smoothest drivers you will ever see, sold his cuz he kept breaking arms. I guess I'll call mugen on Monday and see if they are updating the arms, if not, I am buying some Losi's.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billetboy
Well, we race at the same track, Sunlakes. There was 8-9 mugen driver there a month ago, now there is 3. Everyone is selling them because they all say they break. Even Ernest, who is won one of the smoothest drivers you will ever see, sold his cuz he kept breaking arms. I guess I'll call mugen on Monday and see if they are updating the arms, if not, I am buying some Losi's.
We race sun lakes. The only thing broke on 2 mugens was a very small cracked rear arm. Not sure why everyone is saying that they break easy. In our experience its been the most durable car I have seen.

We were only a few to even finish the 45 main with no problems. Raced all night last night at sun lakes not one broken part.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:52 AM
Tech Adept

I broke front arm too, and front tower shock. But I don't sell my mbx6 because it's the best buggy I ever drove!
Old 06-20-2010, 03:36 AM
Tech Initiate

I have had the same arms on my MBX6 for the last year and half and only the left rear has a small crack in the webbing that i have been running on the car for the last two months. I am no expert driver but my arms dont even have slop in them after this period of time. Not to be mean but it sounds more like something is over tightened or bound up or something else is wore out that needs to be replaced and is causing extra stress on the arms. Either that or just a couple of losi drivers bashing the mugen. LOL JK
Old 06-20-2010, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

not defending the car blindly, but I have broken one lower front arm (on a HARD crash), one rear arm (fatigue breakage), two front shock towers, one rear tower, two -1/2.75 rear blocks since I started running the car... in April 2009

no durability concerns afai'm concerned... honestly if you keep breaking arms like this with the mbx6, you will break pretty much any car just the same. Don't follow the hype at the track

Paul
Old 06-20-2010, 05:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

had mine for almost 2 years and never broke an arm. Actually the only plastics i have broke is a tie rod end and the rear brace on the bulkhead, and those were unbelievably bad crashes. I only replace arms when they sag. If you are breaking arms like that, something is wrong. You sure they are on the right side of the car?

Sounds like setup problem to me. OR, there is a bad batch of platic going around.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I must agree. I have a 6 and 6t althou im not that bad of a driver, I have had my fair shares of bad crashes and both of mine just drive away in one piece
Old 06-20-2010, 05:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billetboy
Bill, if you decide to sell your mugens give me a PM they are the hottest at the track around me. Plus I have been looking for a truggy

Scott

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.