Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6

Old 08-09-2010, 01:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

We almost all have that problem here at the East Coast (sqeekying) that is an another reason why I asked earlyer how other guys clean this buggy . Specially after a few qual the whole buggy making that noise ... I have been run the mbx5r for two years I had no problem with that neder with other brands... Absolutely not bushings Mugen I (we)just looking for solution how to keep it in good shape!please don't take it the wrong way!mbx6 is the best buggy on the market in my book that is why I came back to Mugen ....
Old 08-09-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gabor szilagyi
please don't take it the wrong way!mbx6 is the best buggy on the market in my book that is why I came back to Mugen ....
Ha ha....these Mugen lovers can't hear any wrong and have got you tip toe'ing around them too!!! Yeh....they snap if you talk trash.

Anyhoo, the car has issues. You call it squeekying, I call it binding. it is what it is. I'm glad you piped up.

I just want to know how to fix it, and hope some rational Mugen owners can come forward. The freak wanna be Mugen employees stay away. We're just lookng for some help with our cars.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by markhat250
Ha ha....these Mugen lovers can't hear any wrong and have got you tip toe'ing around them too!!! Yeh....they snap if you talk trash.

Anyhoo, the car has issues. You call it squeekying, I call it binding. it is what it is. I'm glad you piped up.

I just want to know how to fix it, and hope some rational Mugen owners can come forward. The freak wanna be Mugen employees stay away. We're just lookng for some help with our cars.
I think i know what you are refering too mine did it when it was new until about 1/2 gallon went through the car then it was nice and smooth again

all i did was lightly sand the plastic in the linkages to get it moving freely

i hope im thinking of the same bit as you

sadly not had that with rear shocks so cant really help there Sorry

stick with the car though its a great machine and will improve you and your times
Old 08-09-2010, 02:25 PM

New shell!!

Just got this mounted up have to say massively pleased with it, nice and bright and its got my favourite cartoon character on it wootwoot

Massive thanks to Kifo for this

Unstickered

Stickered up cool[1]

Old 08-09-2010, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

I'll look at mine tomorrow. You have binding?? Doesn't it go away when you just keep running it until it wears a bit? Somethings on my buggy were binding a little bit too when it was new. I just ran it like that and now it moves almost freely. Not as much as my last Losi tho, but that car was just really sloppy.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by morgoth
I'll look at mine tomorrow. You have binding?? Doesn't it go away when you just keep running it until it wears a bit? Somethings on my buggy were binding a little bit too when it was new. I just ran it like that and now it moves almost freely. Not as much as my last Losi tho, but that car was just really sloppy.
The Losi gets sloppy. It's the opposite of what mine is doing. When I first clean it up it's good. Then about 20 min in when I come of the track it is squeeky as all hell. Like I said, I've narrowed it down to the Shock eyelets on the bottom and the steering links get crazy tight.

That sanding thing sounds like a good idea. My car does have at least a half gallon on it now.

Awesome car if I could figure this out. I'm not the only one which is why I came here.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

The Losi gets sloppy. It's the opposite of what mine is doing. When I first clean it up it's good. Then about 20 min in when I come of the track it is squeeky as all hell. Like I said, I've narrowed it down to the Shock eyelets on the bottom and the steering links get crazy tight.

That sanding thing sounds like a good idea. My car does have at least a half gallon on it now.

Awesome car if I could figure this out. I'm not the only one which is why I came here.
Are you running full droop? Because it's normal that they are binding a bit a full droop. I'll check mine tomorrow. I don't have full droop anymore because I run on astroturf mainly.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

some of the plastic ball ends on the turnbuckles/ankerman are tight, Some are not, It just depends. The ones where it is to tight just sand it down or ream it out a hair. That is all it needs and your problem will go away.

BTW, i know excactly what you are talking about. I kept putting wd40 on the ball links till i fixed it.

And, sometimes it still sqeeks, but it doesn't bind, so i don't worry about it if everything is free.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lonestar
no buggy does.

there are 57 ways to clean a buggy... the one I've come to is "dry" cleaning. Every time I use any fluid (wd40 or other) available around here (WE) I run into issues like squeak and friction. Now, I just brush dust off first (10mn at least, as much as I can), clean the tank with alcohol, clean the radio tray with WD40 (only place where I use it) and the suspension/transmission gets cleaned part-by-part.

Hosing cars with water I still can't think it won't hurt it... I'm amazed some people actually do it at all.

Paul

Very close to my method....IMO a hose is the lazy way out.

IF your in a bind at a race, I cant see doing it...but if you have the time, Give your car a little loving and scrub it down piece by piece....you'll find thing's you would never see at a track side rebuild.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have had this happen from time to time<, I put O'Donnell wax lube on mine and it has seemed to stop the problem
Hope this helps,

Scott
Old 08-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

The O'Lube Wax looks interesting. If it's working for you, it should work for me. I'm going to try this stuff out, along with honing out my eyelets a little with the dremel.

You guys have given some great tips that I'm going to go try now. I'll report back. This binding an squeeking was driving me nuts.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

What are some of you running for droop?
I measure droop from shock eyelet to eyelet installed
Old 08-09-2010, 11:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes the O'lube does work good. the thing about the squeeking also depends on what kind of dirt you are running on. I know that if your plastics have tight tolerance and you have really fine dust from certain kinds of dirt then it will squeek no matter what. I know on our track if its really dry and starts to dust up than i cant go the whole day without it squeeking, but in Edmonton they use a different dirt I dont get it nearly as bad and may not hear it throughout the weekend. I wash my buggy using the Odonnell nitro wash (pink stuff) and then rinse it off in the sink and I do use the O'lube on all moving parts to help out the noisy issue.

Now stop picking on Mugen!!!
Old 08-10-2010, 01:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Squeaking = no one cares

Binding = bad bad bad

you're saying your suspension is binding... if the suspension binds, it means it can't work properly as the friction is preventing the suspension to move according to the ground level. A binding suspension means every effort you will do on the rest of the car to make it handle properly will be pointless as the suspension won't do its job anyway

Squeaking is just that, ie squeaking, ie a very very light level of vibration generated by a very very light friction. No influence on suspension. Unnerving, and carateristically Mugen (probably the PBS).

Now if you start using correct terminology, maybe we'll start answering your questions correctly

Not specifically a Mugen "lover" but I've been in RC long enough to know that Mugen plastics are among the best and have always been... so peremptory statements such as the one above from an obviously disgruntled user we've barely seen on this thread before make me react a bit harshly every time. Sorry if I sounded offensive

for the moment - stop lubing/greasing suspension/steering balljoints and it should help your issue. The issue with Mugen is that they always do slop-free cars, which mean more cleaning needed to keep it all free as opposed to, say, a HB D8. No go degrease your suspension with brake cleaner, clean the hinge pin holes (gun cleaning brushes or arm reamers, xceed ones are good and cheap, you'll need the 4mm and 3.5mm) and be amazed at what comes out. Voila, no more squeaking and/or binding.

Paul

Last edited by Lonestar; 08-10-2010 at 04:42 AM.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Crazy Carl
What are some of you running for droop?
I measure droop from shock eyelet to eyelet installed
full droop everywhere

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.