Search
Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 08:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tony montana
I would like to compare my setup with yours but I cant read your setup

Looks like RCTECH resized my image, but if you click the image and print it, you can make it out ok.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by allan42r
hi bob, avid rotors with the xray pads. i ordered extra pads at the shop but you might get them faster on amain
I have never had any problems with the stock brake setup.

But, I went with the Xtreme racing carbon brakes w/ the 5T pads. They work awesome and lighten up the drive train a bunch.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCARR53
MR. RICHARDS , WHAT BRAND OF BRAKE ROTORS DID YOU TELL ME TO GET, AS YOU MIGHT OF SEEN YESTERDAY I WAS FIGHTING MY BRAKES IN THE ''C-MAIN''. THEY KEPT FADING ON ME WHICH I FELT KEPT ME FROM BUMPING TO THE ''B''
part #345121 on the xray pads. make sure the rotors are free on the center diff outdrives, i had to work on mine a little.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:23 PM
Tech Initiate

THANK'S ALAN, HOPE TO GET BACK UP THERE THIS WEEKEND, AND NOT HAVE A BRAKE ISSUE
Old 03-16-2009, 08:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Little info please

Hello gents. Im New to this forum, but not new to the sport. (Anybody who doesn't consider this a sport due to its lack of labor intensiveness, have them hold an m11 for an hour while trying to drive a vehicle that is over-powered and as nimble as a 13 year old gymnast while the whole time not even blinking, then see if their opinion has changed) I have had my 6 (2 of them actually) for about 4 months now and would like a little tech help. The 6 is by far the local favorite. We have 2 different semi pro drivers in the area who run it as well and normally finish 1 and 2 and me about 1 lap back in 3rd. I have come to accept this due to the years of experience they have on me and they just drive better period. I have went to both of them for help recently but they see that I have got better over the last couple of years and they dont help me as much as they used to due to the fact I am starting to keep up with them. I get lucky every now and then because they both tune their motors to the max and flame out from time to time and I sneak in for the win. Anyway on to the question. Before the 6, I drove a losi. Very fast buggy imo but very inconsistent imo. I switched to the 6 for consistency and it is exactly that. But I feel that the buggy lacks off power or turn in however you may word it. Some have told me it could be in my setup, but I have tried everything. I run least amount of caster possible and 3 deg camber in front and so on. My question is, has anyone tested the fioroni torsen diffs. I wonder if their is anything to these because when I drove my buddies 2.0 with the smart diff in the front, it had more turn in than you could dream of. I know losi's are known for turn in but from my experience, not that much. When I read up on the torsen diffs, some claimed it tightend up the buggy off power on an rc8. I dont know if that applies to the mugen as well. If you feel this is not the right direction and have had the same problem as me and have a cure, I would greatly appreciate the input. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCARR53
THANK'S ALAN, HOPE TO GET BACK UP THERE THIS WEEKEND, AND NOT HAVE A BRAKE ISSUE
no problem, when i do the diffs i touch the rotors up with a 3m scotch brite pad and put the disks back on the same way so the brake balance stays the same.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:20 AM
Tech Addict

Hows it going Jethro,

I have found that if you run your center diff thinner than your front diff, or equal to, you can get a slight push in the corners. You can also try and eliminate more caster (as you already tried), or you can try a different sway bar or different front and rear springs. Check your ride height as well. Its all track dependant.

but to increase steering, check your ride height and springs...softer springs up front will give you more steering. Also check your shock oil.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks very much for the input Jesse. I run 400 in front shocks and 350 in the rear. Will try 350 350 and see what happens. Tried lowering the ride height a little already but the results were minor because I already run it pretty low. Both of my kits are the original run of the buggy. I have been told that the updated kit comes with softer springs and smaller sway bars. Is this true? If so, I will try some of those as well. Do you, anybody you know, or anybody else out there have any experience with the Fioroni Tractive IV Differentials for the mbx6. It is supposed to be the same principal as the losi smart diff as I can tell. Everybody I have spoken to about it locally say it is just smoke and mirrors. Just a gimmick. I think that is just because they are all old school 10th scale electric guys. I am just curious if this would help. IMO if the front diff unlocks off power, that would b the same as running very light diff fluid. If it locks on power, then you have the benefits of a heavier diff fluid. This is the best place I can find the information on them. Sorry, I havent made enough posts o use a url so this is the best I can do. amainhobbies product_info.php/products_id/35887

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The updated kit comes with 9.75 front springs and 10.75 rear springs,yes they are softer.The bars are softer as well,front is a 2.3 and the rear is a 2.8.Hope that helps
Old 03-17-2009, 03:30 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up New BCE Pro Chassis For the Mugen MBX6

Hi All just a quick update regarding our release of our new one for the new 6 Chassis. We are now taking pre orders so we can get all of the racers handeled that have emailed for Silver State Race.

Also to help a little with the crappy economy....:-(
All pre orders will receive free shipping in the US.

I will have more Pics and info regarding the changes we have made based from the input of many MBX6 users, Team and our Testers. A big thanks to all of you for the help. This should really help take the Buggy to the next level, The final version will be in Hard Ano Black.

Any questions/orders/etc....... [email protected]

Thank you
Old 03-17-2009, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Been looking for that. Going to do the Fironi light weight axles and driveshafts next, then that BCE chassis! If it helps the 6 anywhere near like it helped my 5T it will be GREAT!!
Rough ideal on when, or price if not preordered?
Old 03-17-2009, 04:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

very intresting about the front and center diff oil. Im running 7-4-2 in my diffs. My car is pretty good but it also has that lack of turn in offpower and a slight push. So what to run in the diffs then? Dont wanna change my setup to much cause the car is good just need to fine tune it. I also have the original kit but have the softer springs and 400 oil all the way around. Im getting ready to order the 2.3 and 2.8 sway bars now, think it will help?
Old 03-17-2009, 05:38 PM
Tech Addict

That BCE chassis looks amazing!

Jethro, i personally wouldnt waste my time with the Fioroni version of the smart diffs...i guess it may work for some, but the majority of people that i know personally didnt like them on their Losi's. The idea sounds great, but i will leave that R&D to the people who get paid to run such products, i cant afford to drop that much money on diffs that "might" work lol

Tony, Thinner sway bars up front will help, or you can try thicker sway bars in the rear. Also, setting up your sway bars can be key as well. In a past RC CAR mag article, they had a step by step guide showing how to properly set your sway bars...interesting read.

actually i just looked on my shelf, it was in the March 2009 issue, page 90 with Josh Alton...
Old 03-17-2009, 05:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by OfnaJoe
Been looking for that. Going to do the Fironi light weight axles and driveshafts next, then that BCE chassis! If it helps the 6 anywhere near like it helped my 5T it will be GREAT!!
Rough ideal on when, or price if not preordered?
you will be better off buying the Mugen Aluminum option parts. they are cheap and awesome. Mine are lasting forever. however, i did have to rotate my front axles twice so far and my rear axles once in the past 5 to 6 gallons. I also am not running the front center alum CVD cup.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

MBX6 Parts and Free Shipping.

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/mugen9...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ

Mention you are from rctech and I will give you 20% off everything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.