Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

I'd just do it as the manual says. It must matter otherwise they wouldn't make a point to mention it in the manual. You could try and both and let me know. It could have to do with the hinge pin.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by dragracechief
I thinking they fit flush and the illustrtion in the maual is not right, in other words nothing sticking out.

ok, yup it fits flush better than the way they where showing it thanks.
the way the manuel shows the bottom sticks out out of one them and the other one it sticks out up top.

they dont fit in all the way the way they show it.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just went and checked mine, numbers up on the blue numbers down on the red.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:56 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by dragracechief
Just went and checked mine, numbers up on the blue numbers down on the red.

thats how i have my now and they fit better and dont bind with the supension arm.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

TC5 you have been building this truck for weeks now. What going to happen when you break at the track? Game Over for a week or Two.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by tc5 man
i have reasons why i dint get the 2.0 t .

thanks for the little help.
Ii'd like to hear them. Why the change?
Old 03-20-2011, 09:37 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by RickyBBad
TC5 you have been building this truck for weeks now. What going to happen when you break at the track? Game Over for a week or Two.

ha, no just taking my time man makeing sure i sand down the plastic burrs i seen.

and my outdoor track doesnt have the season intill april 17 so i have time.

i, did notice though when i put the whole front end together one supension arm was a "lot looser" than other there for one had a lot more play than the other but its 1/8 so i guess in about 1 gallon or so on the truck it the one arm will get just as free nothing is binding though.

theres no game over at the track if i break.

you have a pm by me.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

TC5 did you race at Hobby Hut yesterday? I was there and while I was marshalling the A sportsman truggy I was wondering if you were on the stand and was trying to guess if one of those RC8Ts was yours.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

I dont think anything should feel any looser on one side than another. All the AE stuff Ive had has gone together really nice. With all the questions your asking it leads me to believe your making mistakes. Go back and double check everything and if that doesnt straighten itself out take it to the store or track and have someone else look at it. I will take a look at it for you but I dont think I'm going to be back to the Hut for some time. I am planning on going to the LCRC season opener and Memorial Day race if your going to be at either of those. I might make a Hobby Hut club race at some point but with my son starting baseball in the beginning of April I dont know what my schedule is for club racing yet.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:04 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by PTP Racing
I dont think anything should feel any looser on one side than another. All the AE stuff Ive had has gone together really nice. With all the questions your asking it leads me to believe your making mistakes. Go back and double check everything and if that doesnt straighten itself out take it to the store or track and have someone else look at it. I will take a look at it for you but I dont think I'm going to be back to the Hut for some time. I am planning on going to the LCRC season opener and Memorial Day race if your going to be at either of those. I might make a Hobby Hut club race at some point but with my son starting baseball in the beginning of April I dont know what my schedule is for club racing yet.

one, of the lower front supension arms was loose but as soon as i was done with putting the front end together it felt tighter .

there, was a couple of misprints on the manuel that i had to figure out espially the castor block bushings its fine though it happens.

lcrc, is to far for me its over 2 hours so il be racing at the hut and some other tracks that are close.

no, i wasnt at the hut yesterday i should of came though and just brought my short course truck to race i should be there on the opening day of the season in april maybe il see you some time im sure i will ask you on the tuning on it.

how was the track yesterday ?

Last edited by tc5 man; 03-21-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i was there made the amain in sportsman truggy finish 4th, track was real ruff and dusty! first time there , cant expect much for it being march 20th was just glad to race
Old 03-21-2011, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

It was the same as the end of last season. They did a little work to it so the jumps were ok and we had a good time. You missed out.

Jenson which car was yours?
Old 03-21-2011, 08:11 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by jenson40
i was there made the amain in sportsman truggy finish 4th, track was real ruff and dusty! first time there , cant expect much for it being march 20th was just glad to race

jenson, come back when the track is redone and the layout is diffrent coming in about 3 weeks it shouldnt be to ruff now dusty dont know the dust doesnt bother me really its just dirt "last fall" there was about 3 inches of rain and it killed it so it made it pretty ruff it doesnt get that bad if it doesnt rain like that which isnt usual there.

ptp: thats, cool yea from last fall when there was 3 inches of rain it killed the track but hey its offroad nothing its not supposed to be perfect there redoing the layout and the track coming in 3 weeks i believe.

im guessing they fix that last double .

Last edited by tc5 man; 03-21-2011 at 08:22 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Smile Local Championship

Hello everyone.
The previous weekend was the OffRoad 1/8 National Championship (Colombia) on my local track.
I managed to achieve a very good 4th place an A-Main after a 4th place qualifying. I'm the only RC8T on a 40 truggy class, with the other 30 losi's and 10 mugen's approach.
I'm very proud of RC8T performance, its an incredible and reliable truck, 40 minutes of the A-Main without troubles.
This is my first National Championship participation with my RC8T after 2 monts with it, and I just want to share this personal success with all who run this amazing truggy.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PTP Racing
It was the same as the end of last season. They did a little work to it so the jumps were ok and we had a good time. You missed out.

Jenson which car was yours?

it was an rc8t with yellow wheels , white and blue body with a proline sticker on the sides and a white wing . my wing broke with like 10mins left in main and was barly on there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.