Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips >

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Old 03-22-2011, 06:39 PM
  #2731  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (60)
 
R/C Lidz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Clayton, NC
Posts: 2,762
Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Default

choo-chooo!

Matt, I don't think there is a difference I got the same version you do, but I run the Bulldog body.
R/C Lidz is offline  
Old 03-22-2011, 06:42 PM
  #2732  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (35)
 
mmaattppllaayy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 836
Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Default

Originally Posted by R/C Lidz
choo-chooo!

Matt, I don't think there is a difference I got the same version you do, but I run the Bulldog body.
one part # is xxxx-1 and one is just xxxx
mmaattppllaayy is offline  
Old 03-22-2011, 06:54 PM
  #2733  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

im, on page 15 bag G and i have a question about the swaybar pivots well i know in order to get "25.4mm" which i set my cailer at 25.40 for the front pivots i had to screw them the pivot ball in all the way .

well, on page 15 im doing know im doing the rear sway bar pivots and it says to have them at 27.4mm so i set my caliber at "27.40 mm" and looking at the picture to the right of the page it looks like its screwed in all the way but i tried that and it dint work so i have 1 tread showing to get "27.40 "so i guess its fine ?
tc5 man is offline  
Old 03-22-2011, 07:17 PM
  #2734  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
Quad Racer 34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 2,973
Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Default

Yes, it's fine.


Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
Yep, more people really should just build the truck like it comes and at least try it first. One reason that's it's the "stock" setup on a "championship edition" truck is because it won many championships with THAT setup, lol.

Sure there are things to tweak for certain tracks or temperatures, but people who change everything before even hitting the track then post saying it's not handling right crack me up.
Same here. I raced mine this weekend for the first time and loved the truck. The setup was awesome. TONS of steering. Finished 2nd with it.
Quad Racer 34 is offline  
Old 03-22-2011, 07:20 PM
  #2735  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (43)
 
AlanHall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Watson ,Louisiana
Posts: 3,011
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Man the pictures aren't going to be identical to the finished part .. if it measures what its supposed to then roll with it..I don't understand how your drowning so bad in this truck. 90% is self explaining buy looking at the parts
AlanHall is offline  
Old 03-22-2011, 07:20 PM
  #2736  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

its fine the way i have it ?
tc5 man is offline  
Old 03-22-2011, 08:02 PM
  #2737  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
PTP Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,701
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

The 2 JConcepts bodies are slightly different lengths because with the adapter it needs to be a little shorter. Either ought to work with the proper trimming though.

The box setup is dailed. I ran it for the better part of a year before I made any changes. It was a rough decision to make when I did too because I was worried it would be worse then before.

As far as the maintenance goes I am probably pushing the limits but its really hard to justify hours of wrenching when its running as good as it is. Im going to do it soon though just for a little piece of mind.
PTP Racing is offline  
Old 03-22-2011, 08:05 PM
  #2738  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
Bugman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Port Reading n.j.
Posts: 229
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tc5 man
its fine the way i have it ?
Yes,you should be fine a caliper does not lie.Just take your time and everything should be fine.
Bugman is offline  
Old 03-23-2011, 07:57 AM
  #2739  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (43)
 
AlanHall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Watson ,Louisiana
Posts: 3,011
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bugman
Yes,you should be fine a caliper does not lie.Just take your time and everything should be fine.
Lol. Unless the batteries low.. like mine
AlanHall is offline  
Old 03-23-2011, 09:17 AM
  #2740  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,637
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bugman
Yes,you should be fine a caliper does not lie.Just take your time and everything should be fine.
Do you mean he should slow down the build even more? Is that even possible?
071crazy is offline  
Old 03-23-2011, 09:19 AM
  #2741  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

im not in a hurry to build it i have 3 weeks intill my track starts the season.
i want to make sure everything is measured right and no plastic burrs in the supension etc.
tc5 man is offline  
Old 03-23-2011, 09:26 AM
  #2742  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,637
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Do you plan on doing any maintenance on the truggy once you are done putting it together?
071crazy is offline  
Old 03-23-2011, 09:28 AM
  #2743  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
king revo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 581
Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)
Default like i said

Originally Posted by AlanHall
Man the pictures aren't going to be identical to the finished part .. if it measures what its supposed to then roll with it..I don't understand how your drowning so bad in this truck. 90% is self explaining buy looking at the parts
TC5
i said in a post last week that he should be done in a month or two. i never thought you (tc5) would be really clogging up this thread with your build.. just put it together,read and stop filling page after page on this thread with your stupidity.. its like people make fun of you or say it in a nice way and you ignore it and just keep going. dude ripped on the lamp in your default pic and you say your mom got it at a discount furniture store that was clo sing.. bro ill say it nice please stop with your nonsense posts,if you need your hand held through the build call a friend but your killing this thread..the buggy thread is so informative with daily posts and the truggy thread is tc5 for months now with pure bullpoop..what are you going to ask when its built can someone please drive it for me? think before you post or reply to people your killing this thread,you cant be this stupid to ignore the fact.

Last edited by J.Whiting; 03-23-2011 at 07:25 PM. Reason: language
king revo is offline  
Old 03-23-2011, 09:40 AM
  #2744  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 148
Default

Originally Posted by 071crazy
Do you plan on doing any maintenance on the truggy once you are done putting it together?
LOL
Got mine 2 years ago when i didnt know much about RC just built it and went to the track, indeed my truck is built MUCH better then it was back then but thats how yu learn dude...
just finish it man dont be a retard, this thread is fked up already
ELAD .Z. is offline  
Old 03-23-2011, 10:10 AM
  #2745  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (94)
 
rider313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MN
Posts: 4,436
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by king revo
TC5
i said in a post last week that he should be done in a month or two. i never thought you (tc5) would be really clogging up this thread with your build.. just put it together,read and stop filling page after page on this thread with your stupidity.. its like people make fun of you or say it in a nice way and you ignore it and just keep going. dude ripped on the lamp in your default pic and you say your mom got it at a discount furniture store that was clo sing.. bro ill say it nice please stop with your nonsense posts,if you need your hand held through the build call a friend but your killing this thread..the buggy thread is so informative with daily posts and the truggy thread is tc5 for months now with pure bullppop..what are you going to ask when its built can someone please drive it for me? think before you post or reply to people your killing this thread,you cant be this stupid to ignore the fact.
Really? Give the kid a break. Granted he does Ask the same question multiple times. He should work on reading what ppl say and listen to them the first few posts. But your continous rants arent doing this thread any better for this thread either for you two will go at it for a few pages. Now we all have dumb question, yes even you mr king, granted TC5 may have more but deal with it. Every one here gives him a helpfull answer but you just insult him.

I say enough is enough for you and your attacks on TC5. If you want to rant TC5 do it in pms to him not here.

Last edited by J.Whiting; 03-23-2011 at 07:25 PM. Reason: language
rider313 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.