Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips >

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Old 11-18-2010, 06:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

isn't shimmy before or after fly wheel as long as its before clutch bell the same?
Old 11-18-2010, 06:21 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by tc5 man
i been wondering does the parts off the rc8b fit on the rc8t also i know not all of them will fit on the truggy.

for instance like the extended engine mount for the rc8 will that fit the rc8t ?

and also are the wheelhexs on the rc8t 1/2 offset wheelhexs or just 0 offset because i run 0 offset aka wheels.
'

anybody know ? do i need to run 1/2 offset hubs with the 0 offset rims or just run whatever the stock offset on the rc8t hubs with the 0 offset rims.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Many parts on the buggy and truggy interchange, although I dont use it the engine mount should work as the stock mount interchanges, and the truggy uses 0 offset wheels with either wide or narrow hubs. I have some 1/2 offset rims I will try with buggy hubs but not sure iff that will work or not.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:14 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by dragracechief
Many parts on the buggy and truggy interchange, although I dont use it the engine mount should work as the stock mount interchanges, and the truggy uses 0 offset wheels with either wide or narrow hubs. I have some 1/2 offset rims I will try with buggy hubs but not sure iff that will work or not.

oh thanks do they make wide hubs for the rc8t ? like 1/2 offset wheelhexs ?
Old 11-18-2010, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Yes,

Stock hubs were 1/2" offset and then the CE kit came with narrow hubs, basically one hex width narrower than the 1/2" ones. After that its the Buggy hubs, unless you have 1/2" off wheels to run, I doubt you'd run those on a Truggy, but I'm sure people have tried them with 0 off wheels.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing
Yes,

Stock hubs were 1/2" offset and then the CE kit came with narrow hubs, basically one hex width narrower than the 1/2" ones. After that its the Buggy hubs, unless you have 1/2" off wheels to run, I doubt you'd run those on a Truggy, but I'm sure people have tried them with 0 off wheels.

ok so it sounds like i can use 0 offset wheels and it will be fine ?
yea thats fine that there narrower than 1/2 offset how wide is the rc8t

wheelbase is it about wide as other truggy expect maybe the 2.0 t ?
im coming from a 1.0 t with 1/2 offset hexs.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:32 PM
Tech Adept

If you have the narrow hexes you can use 0 offset wheels. The longer hexes were used on the older version of the RC8T and will work with 0 offset wheels as well. Some guys were using the long on the rear and narrow up front claiming that it made the truck turn better and more stable due to the wider stance in the rear. If you want to run 1/2 offset wheels you can use the buggy hexes but you'll have to dremel the lower portion of the rear arms to clear the inside of the wheel. I personally have done this and it works fine. So you actually have three hex options, long, narrow and buggy. Hope this helps.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:49 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by reeltech
If you have the narrow hexes you can use 0 offset wheels. The longer hexes were used on the older version of the RC8T and will work with 0 offset wheels as well. Some guys were using the long on the rear and narrow up front claiming that it made the truck turn better and more stable due to the wider stance in the rear. If you want to run 1/2 offset wheels you can use the buggy hexes but you'll have to dremel the lower portion of the rear arms to clear the inside of the wheel. I personally have done this and it works fine. So you actually have three hex options, long, narrow and buggy. Hope this helps.

ok interesting i like the fact it comes with three options of long and narrow hexs cant say that about losi .

i looked at the manuel for this truggy i have to say it doesnt look hard to build and i do remember looking at a guy who has the champ ed and it looks like you have more room on the chassis around the radio tray.

so pretty much when the outdoor season starts back up i just need to try the diffrent hexes to see what they do .

the funny thing is i never tried running the stock narrow hubs on the eight-t with the wide hexs on the rear just wide all around no wonder why i had a push going into the corners. and wouldnt turn the greatest into the corners

i plan on getting the rc8t champ ed on jan or feb its time to upgrade and a diffrent brand.

also is there any flex problems on the radio tray or a other area ?
Old 11-18-2010, 06:04 PM
Tech Adept

Th RC8T doesn't come with all three hex options. It will come with the narrow hexes. You will have to purchase the long and buggy hexes separate. If you were running the Losi you probably have a bunch of 1/2 offset wheels so I would just get some buggy hexes and run them until you burn up the 1/2 offset tires, then buy 0 offset wheels from then on out and use the narrow hexes.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

No flex problems on the radio tray and any other area. That was mainly a Losi issue. You do not have to worry about burning up throttle servos. I would wait a while on the purchase. You know the rc world. They may have a CE-2.0 or something crazy like that around the new year. Not saying it is going to happen, but dont be surprised. Usually it is something like new steering geometry, move the engine a millimeter closer, and better plastics.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:07 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by reeltech
Th RC8T doesn't come with all three hex options. It will come with the narrow hexes. You will have to purchase the long and buggy hexes separate. If you were running the Losi you probably have a bunch of 1/2 offset wheels so I would just get some buggy hexes and run them until you burn up the 1/2 offset tires, then buy 0 offset wheels from then on out and use the narrow hexes.

i only have 0 offset premount aka wheels but i can buy the wide hexes also though for it to run if i want.

i do run on a big track during the outdoor season so i think the 1/2 hubs are the ticket for the rc8t also but maybe not.

actually i was running 1/2 hubs with 0 offset on the eight-t it did make a big diffrence.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:13 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by jaywax
No flex problems on the radio tray and any other area. That was mainly a Losi issue. You do not have to worry about burning up throttle servos. I would wait a while on the purchase. You know the rc world. They may have a CE-2.0 or something crazy like that around the new year. Not saying it is going to happen, but dont be surprised. Usually it is something like new steering geometry, move the engine a millimeter closer, and better plastics.

yea i know how the rc world is how long does it take before associated comes out with a upgraded model ? i would want to get it before april so im ready .

i used, a radio tray stiffner and a o-ring on the 1.0 t lol and i nver burned up any servos acutally but boy you had to have it right . and you had to move the carb.. to the right a little bit also so it dint rub the center diff mount even if you sanded it down it still would rub once you run on the track if it was mounted straighter.

is there any push problem on the rc8t ?
Old 11-18-2010, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

TC,

There is a little push, but I find it to be manageable. It drives differently from a Losi. I had both the 1.0 and 2.0 and the RC8T can be pushed harder, unlike the Losi's. I was running the old standard RC8T hubs (the 1/2 off ones) and went to the RC8T CE ones (narrow) and haven't changed them. They work everywhere I have been, but I don't win all the time either. Over all the RC8T is solid. Only parts I have broke were a rear plactic hub, a steering rod end and some shock rod ends. The shock rod ends were totally my fault as I has a slightly over filled rear shock. My only issue, other than the well know Tank issue (you either get a good one or you don't), was that the RC8T feels heavy at times on the track.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:23 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing
TC,

There is a little push, but I find it to be manageable. It drives differently from a Losi. I had both the 1.0 and 2.0 and the RC8T can be pushed harder, unlike the Losi's. I was running the old standard RC8T hubs (the 1/2 off ones) and went to the RC8T CE ones (narrow) and haven't changed them. They work everywhere I have been, but I don't win all the time either. Over all the RC8T is solid. Only parts I have broke were a rear plactic hub, a steering rod end and some shock rod ends. The shock rod ends were totally my fault as I has a slightly over filled rear shock. My only issue, other than the well know Tank issue (you either get a good one or you don't), was that the RC8T feels heavy at times on the track.

well i defietly like something to drive harder yea i know about the tank issues from the first rc8s i had racers that had the problem.

yea i did hear in a couple reviews that it had great off power steering which i like more than on power steering yea a little push isnt a big deal .

it sounds like its pretty tough though i can always use alum rear hubs if the plastic ones break a lot. yea i whould have to test both wide and narrow hexs to see what i like better.

you said it feels heavy at times ?
Old 11-18-2010, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

TC,

Yeah it's a heavier truck than the Losi's I was running, and it may be more of me than anything else. There have been times that the truck just doesn't feel right out on the track. Maybe not carrying the same corner speed that I was used to or something. I think I have got most of the truck just about where I want it, now I'm down to the last little bit and just haven't figured out how to make it better. People have seen my truck run and say it looks good, I just don't think it's quite where I want it. Then again it could be more me than the truck.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.