Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips >

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Old 03-14-2011, 04:02 PM
  #2551  
Tech Apprentice
 
mcsuperfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Varese, Italy
Posts: 52
Default

Originally Posted by Midnight
Who is running the stock rc8t ce. My buddy is running it with 575 diff oil. I'm looking for a good all around outdoor track setup.
I asked about the 5-7-5 setup some time ago but no answers on this.
Many opinions about many combos but no one on 575.
Actually for this weekend race I filled diffs like this and i'm gonna start qualis almost standard setup except diffs, and see how it feels.

Midnight, If you're interested in a "normal driver" opinion i'll tell you....

Not the best truck on my area, but working to gettin there....
mcsuperfreak is offline  
Old 03-14-2011, 04:22 PM
  #2552  
Tech Apprentice
 
mcsuperfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Varese, Italy
Posts: 52
Default AGAIN ABOUT BRAKE LINKAGE

I noticed that on my truck i have some play in the linkage, and in particular between cams and levers.

Problem is: independentently from little adjustments (fine tuning), when the brakes begin to lock, the levers are not parallel with the car center line => they are inclined towards the radio tray. In other words, the engaging point is no more like when new, and i must adjust it to be inclined beacuse otherwise there is some dead course from the servo.
Hope I've been clear explaining the problem.. Doing my best with my english.

I'd like to know if there is some adjusting solution which i'm not able of thing of, or if simply cams and levers are worn out and must be changed.

In that case, I've search a lot of online shop but coul'nt find the 89318 code shown on manual... Suggestions?

Thx, Fabio
mcsuperfreak is offline  
Old 03-14-2011, 07:50 PM
  #2553  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
Bugman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Port Reading n.j.
Posts: 229
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mcsuperfreak
I noticed that on my truck i have some play in the linkage, and in particular between cams and levers.

Problem is: independentently from little adjustments (fine tuning), when the brakes begin to lock, the levers are not parallel with the car center line => they are inclined towards the radio tray. In other words, the engaging point is no more like when new, and i must adjust it to be inclined beacuse otherwise there is some dead course from the servo.
Hope I've been clear explaining the problem.. Doing my best with my english.

I'd like to know if there is some adjusting solution which i'm not able of thing of, or if simply cams and levers are worn out and must be changed.

In that case, I've search a lot of online shop but coul'nt find the 89318 code shown on manual... Suggestions?

Thx, Fabio
I dont know why you can,t find them online but you can always get them from team associated directly here is the link http://www.teamassociated.com/parts/details/89318/ hope this helps or try ebay.
Bugman is offline  
Old 03-14-2011, 08:57 PM
  #2554  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

got, my rc8t ce today and so far i got the side guards and the steering system put together and mounted to the chassis well come to find out when i tried to mount to front chassis brace to the chassis theres no hole there

so i have to call associated tommorow to get one that has the hole on the front of the chassis .

this seems to happen to me everytime i get a kit something is missing or something else its weird.
tc5 man is offline  
Old 03-14-2011, 09:07 PM
  #2555  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (43)
 
AlanHall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Watson ,Louisiana
Posts: 3,011
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mcsuperfreak
I noticed that on my truck i have some play in the linkage, and in particular between cams and levers.

Problem is: independentently from little adjustments (fine tuning), when the brakes begin to lock, the levers are not parallel with the car center line => they are inclined towards the radio tray. In other words, the engaging point is no more like when new, and i must adjust it to be inclined beacuse otherwise there is some dead course from the servo.
Hope I've been clear explaining the problem.. Doing my best with my english.

I'd like to know if there is some adjusting solution which i'm not able of thing of, or if simply cams and levers are worn out and must be changed.

In that case, I've search a lot of online shop but coul'nt find the 89318 code shown on manual... Suggestions?

Thx, Fabio
Any chance you can take a pic of what's going on? Is the servo arm turning far like conoletky left to right with the chassis? Sounds weird
AlanHall is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 01:15 AM
  #2556  
Tech Apprentice
 
RickyBBad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Posts: 76
Default

Originally Posted by tc5 man
got, my rc8t ce today and so far i got the side guards and the steering system put together and mounted to the chassis well come to find out when i tried to mount to front chassis brace to the chassis theres no hole there

so i have to call associated tommorow to get one that has the hole on the front of the chassis .

this seems to happen to me everytime i get a kit something is missing or something else its weird.
Wow! I'd like to see a picture of that to. Can you post one?
RickyBBad is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 01:32 AM
  #2557  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (94)
 
rider313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MN
Posts: 4,436
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tc5 man
got, my rc8t ce today and come to find out when i tried to mount to front chassis brace to the chassis theres no hole there
.
That's funny right there. lets see the pic.
rider313 is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 08:02 AM
  #2558  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
king revo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 581
Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)
Default diffs

7/7/5 works great,drop tp 5 in center when its rough and choppy.
king revo is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 08:06 AM
  #2559  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
king revo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 581
Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)
Default lol

Originally Posted by tc5 man
got, my rc8t ce today and so far i got the side guards and the steering system put together and mounted to the chassis well come to find out when i tried to mount to front chassis brace to the chassis theres no hole there

so i have to call associated tommorow to get one that has the hole on the front of the chassis .

this seems to happen to me everytime i get a kit something is missing or something else its weird.
whhaaaah...get a dremel, you have to make hobby rut this weekend. It mounts on top of diff plate,has to be there. Im trying to imagine you reading a manual,you should be done building in a month or two.

Last edited by king revo; 03-15-2011 at 08:19 AM. Reason: s
king revo is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 10:05 AM
  #2560  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

Originally Posted by king revo
whhaaaah...get a dremel, you have to make hobby rut this weekend. It mounts on top of diff plate,has to be there. Im trying to imagine you reading a manual,you should be done building in a month or two.



il just call associated and get a other one plus i dont know the size of what hole im imposed to do and i dont want to mess it up ethier.

believe it or the guys who race thier they been going there fixing the track up during pracice on the weekends at the hut.

no it wont take me a mouth to build it but im taking my time building for sure.
im not a newbie at building kits
tc5 man is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 10:07 AM
  #2561  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

Originally Posted by rider313
That's funny right there. lets see the pic.

il post a pic of it later on i dont have a camera so i hve to use my camera thats on my computer.

i ticked me off though because everytime i get a losi/associated theres something missing or a defect
or this .
tc5 man is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 10:49 AM
  #2562  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,637
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tc5 man
il post a pic of it later on i dont have a camera so i hve to use my camera thats on my computer.

i ticked me off though because everytime i get a losi/associated theres something missing or a defect
or this .
Stop ordering online and support your LHS. A good LHS will make things right.
071crazy is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 10:53 AM
  #2563  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

Originally Posted by 071crazy
Stop ordering online and support your LHS. A good LHS will make things right.


whats, that have to do with it i did try to get it at my lhs but the owner said he couldnt match the price of tower or stormer especially with towers coupons trust me i did want to support him.

im not sure what that has to do with the chassis though
tc5 man is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 11:08 AM
  #2564  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 185
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tc5 man
il post a pic of it later on i dont have a camera so i hve to use my camera thats on my computer.

i ticked me off though because everytime i get a losi/associated theres something missing or a defect
or this .
so now we are going to bad mouth losi and team associated , u should have gotten a different truck then so don't have anything to complain about ......
BigThyperST is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 11:17 AM
  #2565  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (43)
 
AlanHall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Watson ,Louisiana
Posts: 3,011
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Ill give ya 20 bucks for the chassis with the missing hole ..
AlanHall is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.