Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated 1/8 scale Buggy Info and Tips

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by burnettk
after installing the clutch shoes hold the car down on the ground and hold full throttle and let the shoes slip do this two or three times. then let them cool down and you ready to go
OHHHHH...OK! Now I follow you

The shoes were on for friday night racing and last saturday racing. But I didn't do that to them when they are new. I will remember that for the next set of shoes.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:12 PM

Default clutch

Originally Posted by zardoz
That was kinda my thought that perhaps some grease or something had gotten onto them. The bearings were on there from the previous set of shoes, which I had no problems with. I did notice that there was a little bit of oil it appeared around the bell/flywheel when I pulled it apart this evening.
hey guys do u all ever take ur clutch bells and sand the inside out, just to give the new clutchs a new surface to grab on to? and the bearings i clean out the grease from the fractory and soak them automatic transmission fluid over night. i will use a set of bearsing in month of racing.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by T4-RC8 RACER77
hey guys do u all ever take ur clutch bells and sand the inside out, just to give the new clutchs a new surface to grab on to? and the bearings i clean out the grease from the fractory and soak them automatic transmission fluid over night. i will use a set of bearsing in month of racing.
i do check my clutch after each weekend of racing
Old 07-28-2008, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

ive been running the same shoes with no maintnence for 3 race weekends shoes still look great i recently added 2 setscrews to the impulse rc shoes it softend up the bottom end alot but i think it was too much sop im going to remove one of them before the next race and see how it works
Old 07-28-2008, 11:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zardoz
That was kinda my thought that perhaps some grease or something had gotten onto them. The bearings were on there from the previous set of shoes, which I had no problems with. I did notice that there was a little bit of oil it appeared around the bell/flywheel when I pulled it apart this evening.
Change bearings every time you change the clutch for peace of mind, they are the high stress bearings in the car. Personally i go for any time i take off the clutch bell...
Old 07-28-2008, 11:58 PM
Tech Adept

Default Clutch Bearings

TKO clutch bearings w/ TKO conical washers works great for me. The washers only touch the inner race. I believe this reduces heat and friction on bearings.

I had a center front CVD pin fly out this weekend. I'm running the AL CVD cups and the ring that captures the pin spun on the cup to just the right spot. I put a 3/4" piece heat shrink tubing on it to prevent this from happening again. Looks like it will help keep them cleaner too. While I was at it, I tried a rear CVD boot on the center rear CVD and it works great. This should keep them clean and increase longevity.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:56 PM
Tech Addict

Somehow things are confused on my car...

Are the front and rear outer driveshaft assemblies the same length????

If not i have rears on the front, if so i have a troubling issue of play that is allowing the outer bearing to move in and out of it's place in the steering knuckle.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by IanWright
Somehow things are confused on my car...

Are the front and rear outer driveshaft assemblies the same length????

If not i have rears on the front, if so i have a troubling issue of play that is allowing the outer bearing to move in and out of it's place in the steering knuckle.
Yes they are. Just the cups are different. AE did a great job of keeping the car as modular as possible to keep costs down.

Proof--> http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/17410
Old 07-29-2008, 02:40 PM
Tech Addict

Yup, spot on. I made a nice schoolboy error!
Old 07-29-2008, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Does anybody else have a crack over the nipple of the new white tank?
Old 07-29-2008, 03:07 PM
Tech Initiate

yup...got a crack above the nipple on my white tank. Came pre-installed when i bought i from Carolinasrc about a month ago.

Pretty amazed about how this thing handles compared to my 777sp2 btw. Never had a 1:8 car that turns like this one. Looking forward to my next race
Old 07-29-2008, 03:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Yea, I WAS a Kyosho nut. It had more steering than any buggy on the market and it just fit my driving style. I have owned ever bug on the market but the RC8 tops them all, even the K-car. I won't let a little tank problem scare me off
Old 07-29-2008, 06:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i have a crack on the white tank.leaks like crazy?
Old 07-29-2008, 07:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

yeah my new white tank is cracked right above the nipple also. Wonder why if that is why I was having weird flameouts after a few crashes
Old 07-29-2008, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

is AE doing anything about the new tanks cracking? mine is cracked there above the nipple also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.